cold air mopar
cat back magnaflow
jet chip st2

20 whp more?

thanks!

·
Registered
903 Posts
Stock you should be about 360 rwhp. With those mods and the Jet chip, I'd say 355 rwhp or less. Those mods with a diablo tuner dialed in (NO JET CHIP) you should be about 400 rwhp. This was from my real life experience with my car on the dyno (and my friend's srt8 that ran that lame jet chip).

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kill the jet chip it robs Hp ... shove in diablo and i promise u this .. u will fly low
i know is more good a predator,but i am not good in tuning.
i try the jet chip 2 ,for 150 bucks.if i don t like the jet chip ,i m going to buy a predator,but in québec city ,the tuning shop sell for 600 bucks for the predator and 100 bucks for the tuning.

·
Registered
98 Posts
In my car I have Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, K&N CAI, Throttle Body Spacer, 180 T-Stat, and the Jet Stage 2 chip, that I'm actually going to lose HP?

·
Registered
903 Posts
In my car I have Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, K&N CAI, Throttle Body Spacer, 180 T-Stat, and the Jet Stage 2 chip, that I'm actually going to lose HP?
My friend's 300c srt8 with a magnaflow cat back, 180 tstat, mopar cai and the jet chip stage 2 ran .02 slower at the same track, the same day within a few seconds of another bone stock 300c srt8 (yes I was there). My friend has super gas drag racing experience and is the best driver I have ever seen. The bone stock srt8 was driven by one of my friend's friends, and it was his first time racing.

So YES you are slower and have less hp with that jet chip.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
experience

I also have an experience similar to topfuel's.

We have a local "breakfast club" that regularly meets to drive on a private road. We have a straight drag race first for new "members". A young man brought his new Charger SRT8 to play, and ran well stock. Then he put on the loudest cat back you ever heard.

HE WAS SLOWER! Maybe he had so much noise he felt faster, but he was definitely slower.

Moral of the story is your Butt-o-meter is not accurate. And you need the tuner FIRST, then your mods may actually do something besides lighten your wallet.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i know is more good a predator,but i am not good in tuning.
i try the jet chip 2 ,for 150 bucks.if i don t like the jet chip ,i m going to buy a predator,but in québec city ,the tuning shop sell for 600 bucks for the predator and 100 bucks for the tuning.
Get the Predator if you only have a CAI and exhaust. I'm sure you can run a performace tune thats already programed in the predator. Just plug it in and click performance tune. Check out their website @ Diablo!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Get the Predator if you only have a CAI and exhaust. I'm sure you can run a performace tune thats already programed in the predator. Just plug it in and click performance tune. Check out their website @ Diablo!!!
I can't post in buy sell yet. Have some questions about the part. Give me some contact info. Specifically, which ipod cable you have. Also is the Nav2go the mod by dominic where you can watch videos?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't have the stats to back up the improvement, but I have the Predator, CAI and 180 Thermostat and I now have a real car performance feel. The smile just goes and goes. Fun is back into driving a nice car that still gets attention, but now flies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts