Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I took delivery of my 300c in March I had only seen only two since I was aware of them last October 2007. Now they appear to be everywhere:joke:

Went to MK and saw 2 Saloons on the way up 5 over the weekend while there and 3 on the return journey to Kent. Made a trip to Gatwick early Monday morning and saw another 2. (Don't they look good though:cool: )

Guess what.. waved to all of them and not one acknowlegement. I shall continue to wave and appear absolutly nuts.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
i always wave or flash my lights,not many return the wave or flash though

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
We must be more sociable in Scotland - I always flash my lights and wave and generally have a success rate of around 50%. But there are some dour folk around.
Cheers John

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I fully intend to flash (my lights) every 300C I spot once I get mine. Even in the 18yr old Micra I flash the remaining similar Micras when I see them.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
On the subject of speed cameras which I happened to mention in another thread re number plates - even flashing oncoming traffic to warn them of a camera van is met with blank stares these days. Far too many amateur motorists on the road with no appreciation of the camaraderie that used to exist back in the days when I thought I was the bee's knees driving about in my Austin A30.
Cheers John

·
Registered
184 Posts
When I took delivery of my 300c in March I had only seen only two since I was aware of them last October 2007. Now they appear to be everywhere:joke:

Went to MK and saw 2 Saloons on the way up 5 over the weekend while there and 3 on the return journey to Kent. Made a trip to Gatwick early Monday morning and saw another 2. (Don't they look good though:cool: )

Guess what.. waved to all of them and not one acknowlegement. I shall continue to wave and appear absolutly nuts.
maybe you were going so fast that they couldn't see the waving :pat: I shall flash my lights.

Walking through london last night near baker st when a black saloon came past me (55 kme? i think where the last 3) no point waving as i was on foot and would have confirmed my appearance as a loony.

saw another black lady like my own in the sainsburys car park last friday evening in Northampton too... drove right past and smiled in at the occupants.

I shall flash my lights if i happen across any. please feel free to return the cheery hello if you can (and indeed notice it)

·
Registered
519 Posts

On behalf of the 300c community in MK :wave: . I did nod to a 300c driver on the M4 between Swindon and Bristol yesterday so I'm improving.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
since getting mine 5 weeks ago, I have only seen 3 others and it appears one of them I saw twice, as it is being used as a taxi, which IMO is so so very wrong, today I saw one of my ex customers, and they asked how I can afford a Bentley ??? I didn't have the heart to tell her what it actually is !!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Flashing in Kent

300c 6 months old 16000 miles(I live in it) I flash all 300 here and have had 80% success, come down to Kent and get Flashed.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
300c 6 months old 16000 miles(I live in it) I flash all 300 here and have had 80% success, come down to Kent and get Flashed.
my mum warned me about people like you.lol:scared:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I saw a grey one being used as a taxi in Airdrie in April 2008.
Greenheugh

·
Registered
176 Posts
We must be more sociable in Scotland - I always flash my lights and wave and generally have a success rate of around 50%. But there are some dour folk around.
Cheers John
I'm rather slow-witted and am slow to flash 300Cs I see, never mind flashing anyone back. So if you flash a silver 5-door and get no response it might be me. Please take the flash-back as understood.

Greenheugh

·
Registered
11 Posts
i flash and wave at all 300c i see and so far have had no response, i drove beside an identical black saloon on the m3 and waved, but i think it must have been a tailors dummy driving cos it didnt move.

even here in kent i havent had a response ...yet

ps..still proud owner of a black 300C (wish it would stay clean longer)
regards ted

1 - 13 of 13 Posts