Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
About 250 bucks . If you are lucky ...and all goes well .

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
My bad . That is about right . I screwed up . Kids were driving me nuts when I made that post....LOL . I paid 750 . When I had it done ...James / Promotion tuning was one of the first with the software (back in early Novmber ) . He was in Virginia and I live in NY . He did a travel dyno day to Jersey , about an hour away from me . I paid James 500 bucks and the guy who owned the dyno shop that hosted him 250 . Sorry about that .....your number is about right . The CMR software is expensive and that's what makes it hurt a bit . You can shop it around....but he's close ..

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
$400 here.
my car was on a dyno for some time, about 3 or 4 hours.
i already purchased the predator.

$650 for both tuner and CMR tune at the shop i went to.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Advertised cost is not really the final cost or what is really important to you...

What is the average cost for a cmr tune?
Let me make a suggestion...Do not start your decision making process with the initial cost charged by the vendor. Rather, start your decision making process with the results posted by the clients of the vendors that offer the service. A CRM tune needs to be custom to your particular motor, gas, modifications and risk aversion. Dyno cost is also a consideration and should be part and parcel to the cost of the CMR tune. If you have a lot of mods the dyno time may be a little more, especially if the tuner on the dyno is not familiar with your mods. I would suggest that you search the forums for similarly modified cars to your own that have had a CMR and see what their impressions are. In addition, call or email the various vendors that advertise on this forum and ask them about their tune. Make sure that you cover the CMR cost, dyno cost, results of past tunes, and anticipated cost for your tune. Even if you reach a concessions of what works best for other forum members, that doesn't mean that is is the cost or tune for you. Listen to what the various vendors tell you and make a educated, rational decision base on your common sense, regardless of what the advertised price is. Not only is the final cost very different than the advertised cost, the product or result of the tune of a more expensive vendor may be what you really want.

Free advise only...

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
If you would like to travel to the Cincinnati area, we could work out a great deal. Call or email me for a price.

Have a great day!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts