Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets say i wanted to get my BB Touring painted to like a red color how much do you think something like that will cost ? I know Maaco offers paint jobs for like $299 lol but i dont think that can be done to this car. I like the red color the new Chargers come in.

Kinda something like this -

Or maybe a sky/baby blue color.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeh, it really depends on where you live. In NC, you can get a top notch paint job for 3-4 grand. Maaco is for college kids cars, not this baby. I definitely would not go cheap for this type of work because you'll regret it down the road.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
For a GOOD one

qictrk said:
In this part of rainy Ca., nice paint job will run about $5K and up. Cecil......
Cecil is correct....key words are AND UP !!

·
Registered
549 Posts
ndent,
I have been back and forth with this for some time now. I was going to go with a totally different blueish gray color similar to a ferrari but to do it right it was quoted $6800. This would be with one layer, wet sanding another coat, wet sand again then the last coat, and several layers of clear. This would add the depth in the paint. Doing it would be awesome but a bit costly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
FYI--When you totally repaint a car (and do it right), the whole things comes apart. They don't always go back together perfect. Creeks and rattles are common. Be careful.

For a good job-7000 is not a bad price to pay. Is it worth it? I would say no, just my opinion. It would look hot though.

Good luck if you do it.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
kidcoastal said:
ndent,
I have been back and forth with this for some time now. I was going to go with a totally different blueish gray color similar to a ferrari but to do it right it was quoted $6800. This would be with one layer, wet sanding another coat, wet sand again then the last coat, and several layers of clear. This would add the depth in the paint. Doing it would be awesome but a bit costly.
But....That would be a REAL paint job,would look awesome and last
for years. Someone said ( don't quote me on this ) that our cars only
have one paint coat,and one clear coat. I would love to have more paint
( the same unique color ) than the little I have.
It's "only" money..LOL
:shrug:

·
Registered
236 Posts
This is the answer to the $64K question!

Like2Race,

I have the correct answer for you regarding the paint on our cars. We have one coat of the color of choice and TWO coats of clear. (I asked this at the shop when I brought my 300 in to have the rear bumper repaired after the accident over the Memorial Day weekend.)

I hope this information helps.

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

·
Registered
336 Posts
The paint sure does seem thin and soft. I have myriad chips and nicks out of the front end of ym car all the way to the trailing edge of my hood in various spots. I live near the water and it's very sandy here. Small stones and pee gravel are not uncommon. But my wifes 02 Protege hasn't suffered nearly as bad as my 300C. By next summer I am looking at having the entire front clip resprayed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
when i had my door repaired.... the paint shop said that the paint on my car was thick.... not sure what that meant, but he seemed impressed.... so i assume that means several coats of paint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not trying to be mean but didnt you just buy some used C wheels with only one good tire, probably ended up spending the same amout that you would have for some nice 20s or off brand 22s now you want to paint the car with $300? You need to take babysteps. Do it the right way, you have a nice car completely stock. It seems to me that you want to do a bunch of cheap things fast instead of very nice things slow. Just a bit of advice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts