Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 300C with all kinds of fun options. My uncle had a 1970 300 that was super rare, and I keep wondering if my 2010 has a unique combination of options too. Anybody have an idea if there's a database somewhere that we could use to compare our options and therefore figure out if what we have is in any way rare and possibly collectible?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Give it about 30-40 yrs then maybe you will have a collectable. Unless you have a limited car, ie 2004 Volkswagen R32 (only 5k imported to the USA, and in tornado red with suede/leather seats).

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i don't think its to rare they have made thousands of the C's with as you call fun options and they are fun cars maybe it could be rare if you don't drive it for the next 30 years and keep it in pristine condition but there wont be any oil left then to make gasoline

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I don't tink we have the ability to really personalize our cars much from the factory anymore. Everything comes grouped together in dealer "packs". You want AC? You have to have the CD radio, alarm and sunroof also! (just an example here)

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
There are some rather rare option groups, some of it is just luck. Mine was custom ordered with nothing but the side airbags/rear sensors, and I almost never see 300Cs without the SIRIUS antenna lol :)

I don't really think having a specific radio is going to make a difference - these aren't 250 unit production Challengers or Barracudas. You might see demand for them 50 years from now like there is always demand for the 50's era Chevys. (Who doesn't like 57 Bel Airs?)

But will people 50 years from now think a 300C is cool? Right now everyone and their brother wants a BMW of some sort anyway. Shoot, 50's cars and muscle cars are a bit of an acquired taste... I don't think teenagers get into it unless their parents get them into it.

Most people I know in my classes have a Civic or some other annoying little Japanese car and aspire to own a BMW M3. *sigh* The lucky guys have a BMW or a Subaru WRX, and then I'm the crazy freak with the only 300 in the science parking lot at my campus... As of late there's a purple and black Charger RT as well :O Every now and then, I also see a green Charger, but that belongs to someone in life science (and that's.. a different thing).

Usually if I see a 300, it's one of a few bling'd out 300 V6s in the business parking lot. XD

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think mine is pretty rare. deep water blue Heritage

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I say "rare" I don't mean "collectible"... frankly, I could care less how collectible or popular my car is or will be. I want to know how many cars with my exact options and color scheme etc. were made for my model year. . I know Chrysler has a list somewhere because they had to build the thing. Any idea how to find out that info?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts