Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do I access "Engineering Mode" or do a factory reset in Uconnect

Hi all!

To start off, I have a 2014 300 Uconnect 8.4 system. Lately I've been having some issues with bluetooth on my Uconnect system. When I'm playing a song via bluetooth, it skips randomly like a cd would when hitting a bump in the road. It's very annoying! I thought it was my phone that was the problem, but it pairs fine with bluetooth headphones, etc. That leaves me to believe the issue is with Uconnect.

I did some research and found that Uconnect has an "Engineering Mode" which can be used to reset the system back to factory settings. In order to access this "Engineering Mode" you're supposed to hold the hot and cold temperatures on the driver side together simultaneously for about 5 seconds. The problem is... when I do this nothing happens. The only thing I can access is "Dealer Mode" by holding down the hot and cold temperatures on the driver side and the front defrost together simultaneously. But the "Dealer Mode" just displays information about the system.

Does anybody know how to access the "Engineering Mode" on the 2014 Uconnect 8.4 system? Or know of any alternative way to reset the system back to factory settings? Your help is greatly appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
I did some research and found that Uconnect has an "Engineering Mode" which can be used to reset the system back to factory settings. In order to access this "Engineering Mode" you're supposed to hold the hot and cold temperatures on the driver side together simultaneously for about 5 seconds. The problem is... when I do this nothing happens. The only thing I can access is "Dealer Mode" by holding down the hot and cold temperatures on the driver side and the front defrost together simultaneously. But the "Dealer Mode" just displays information about the system.
That's all that displays on my 2012 as well. ::crying:: I don't think US vehicles have this mode, though I am pretty sure our Aussie friends do have it. They can even use that to enable DVD playback while driving. Imagine that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts