Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
uploadfromtaptalk1464226062549.jpg
Hey guys,
So I recently was able to go get my front struts assembled with my new Monroe strut mounts, but while wanting to adjust the collar it became very hard to because of the (helper spring) that's in the way.
Am I missing something?
Am I adjusting them the wrong way?
We're the strut mounts screwed way too far in?
Please help guys!
Thanks in advance

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
875 Posts
Silly question but you are un doing the locking ring (closest to the bottom) then adjusting the height with top ring yeah? Might need some elbo strength they will be compressed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Silly question but you are un doing the locking ring (closest to the bottom) then adjusting the height with top ring yeah? Might need some elbo strength they will be compressed.
Lol ? yeah I unlocked the ring closest to the bottom, I was just putting it into perspective how much of the threads were showing.
But back to the question and that is....
I feel that if I keep turning the ring it will break or compress the helper spring too much
I'm very confused ? lol

·
Registered
875 Posts
I actually think one of those rings should be between helper and heavy Spring. But then what stops bottom ring from un winding ?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My thoughts exactly but from research I have not seen that with any of the street edge users

·
Registered
875 Posts
Mate I'm sure someone will jump in with right way. I was looking at the kW height adjustable set up like that and I recall reading there is a right and wrong way to install.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mate I'm sure someone will jump in with right way. I was looking at the kW height adjustable set up like that and I recall reading there is a right and wrong way to install.
I hope somebody has some sort of clue :/
But I thank you sir

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I contacted TSS and they told me that it was minimum height
height and that i had it right
Sure enough.... I put them on and bam 1 inch exactly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts