Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been visiting this site since the spring and patiently waited until my options were available before ordering. Today I put down a deposit on a Canadian 300C AWD loaded with every single option except California woodtrim,sirrius radio and smoker's group. Vanilla.
I had been holding off until AWD and factory U-Connect were available. In Canada we get DRLs automatically as they have been mandatory for at least 12 years. They are really great. They do not light up the road--- that's for the headlights----but they make you much more visible to oncoming traffic. Personally I believe they have saved my life in day and dusk driving conditions.
However in Canada we cannot get Sirrius radio so I will try to retrofit that when I take my C for a trip to America. I wish the Tire Pressure Monitoring system was available but I refused to wait any longer so I just ordered regardless. Maybe that will be retrofitable later as well.
I tried a car buyig service several years ago when I got a factory Intrepid and it was teriffic. They said "Shop around and get lots of quotes then come to us. Without looking at your quotes we will beat them all!" And they did---- by almost $1,000! Painless, impressive and cost efective.
Fast forward to this week. Went back to the car buying service and laid out my dream car telling them I would shop around first. Shopping at dealers was real work. The local 5 Star dealer salesguy latched onto me. Said me: " I want a quote for exactly this unit. Assume cash deal. Factory order. I can wait." The sales guy says: " I've been in this business for 25 years, so tell me what do you think is a fair profit for us on this car?" Say what? How would I know what is a fair dealer profit. I just want a "drive away" quote and I am shopping. Suddenly in his eyes I was a criminal trying to cheat him. It was impossible to get a realistic price because of all the add-ons. Air tax, tire tax, sales tax, ADP (additional dealer profit) etc. I ran out the door.
Back home I e-mailed a few dealers my exact specs and up front said I will not haggle so give me your all-inclusive price. By that I mean everything--no games. Also promised not to reveal quotes to every one as I refused to play on against the other. Two dealers e-mailed back really good quotes and I picked the best and went in person to sign up. The other dealers e-mailed me but wanted me to call and "discuss" the price. I got my 300C AWD loaded for $500 over invoice plus legitimate taxes and nothing else. No BS "documentation fees" and PDI stuff.
Then the buying service called and said they could get a 300C for only $1500 over invoice. $1,000 over my best dealer quote! Told him I had already committed. Was he upset! Accused me of shopping his price around and would never sell me a car. Since my last good experience with these guys I think they shifted their focus from being a "buying service" to being a "selling service" Now they look out for the dealer, not the buyer
A long rant but over the next weeks and months I will join all the other expectant owners and let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Good post and nice straight-forward approach: D

Here in the States, I had been bugging my local dealership for MONTHS regarding AWD Hemi availability. So when it became available for order (second week in Nov) I got a call from them. First thing out of their mouth "We'll sell it to you for $1,000 over invoice".

I felt great, no haggling, no BS, etc. and at a fair price (seeing many West Coast boys get slammed with 1-4grand over MSRP).

I told them that it was fair (they only made 2.5% on a 36,800 invoice) and never peeped-a-word about the pricing again. :cool: My sale price - 37,800.

Funny you mention Tire Pressure Monitoring... As I’ve read in the posts for months - no sign of it ANYWHERE.

Also mentioned, are your DRL’s and you may or may not know that your C will NOT be speed limited as our "C"s, in the States, are! Those are a couple of the nice perks of a ‘build-for-Canada' car.

Speaking of non-US versions, I think Euro spec for the Hemi is 345HP and over 400lbft of torque?! Is that Euro mathematics or is it really a more potent engine?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts