Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for ideas guys/gals. Just purchased a 300C, unfortunately with the reallllly Light Graystone. Ideas how to keep those light carpets and leather in premium condition and protect them?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
This is not an easy task. The maintenance for the Greystone in ongoing. I vac the interior weekly and clean the driver side mat with Prestone Carpet Cleaner (Walmart). I don't carry passengers often so the rest of the car stays clean. Once a month I've been cleaning the carpet with the carpet cleaner. It takes me about an 1 1/2 hours to do that and wipe down the interior. Your other option is to get darker floor mats

·
Registered
281 Posts
Another option is lots of cheap clear mats from Walmart. I also have a slush catcher clear mat on the drivers side. I ocassionally have to use Tuff Stuff to clean edges of the mat and on the center tunnel to remove dirt where the mats don't cover the carpet. The mats being clear still show the color of the carpet. It doesn't look bad, but for shows you can remove them and show NEW carpet underneith.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I use deep groove weathertech or carpet wearhertech on all my cars in the Winter regardless of color, I have the premium Chry dark floor mats but Autosport online has some really nice plush custom mats that are a good option. I have not cleaned mine since the Winter mats went in, no need to. I'll change to reg. mats in the next week or two, we had flurries today. I use Lexol on the leather and it works great.

·
Registered
58 Posts
After hearing it over and over again, looks like I'm going to have to buy some Lexol for the leather.

I've had my 300C since September, and because I've enforced a strict no-food policy, the new car scent is just now fading. Anyone figured out how to get back or permanently keep the 300C's new car smell?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Even in Summer I use the big ugly winter mats that have better coverage. I also cut a cheap floor mat to fit over the dead pedal so it doesn't get grimey. I clean the seats with water once every week or so, and use Lexol as needed. I keep a microfiber cloth in the car and dust frequently at red lights. I also clean the carpet with a Maguires product that seems to repel soil. Someday, when the car is paid for, I will have fitted different carpet and seat skins front and rear and go upscale with the interior. I think a lot of us are planning on that.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Yeah LWOOD, some day new carpet makes me wonder why I keep this cheap stuff so clean. I use a clear sticky plastic carpet runner used in home shows on the dead pedal.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
I have the luxury of using more products than most people will ever see or use, for years I was a lexol fan untill I discovered the 4 star ultimate leather cleaner/ conditioner system. The difference is in the application, goes on much smoother, and the most important one is durability. 4 star seems to last longer. I was sold on it so much that I became I distributor. It is the only system that I use to protect all the exotic cars I detail, and from what the owners tell me when they come back, it supports my decision. Read the feedback section on my web sitfor a better idea. Gary

·
Registered
482 Posts
Well Gary, I have been a fan of the Lexol for some 20 years or so. Since some friend of mine turned me on to it. It has been the best thing that I have found for leather.
That said, I haven't tried the 4 star leather cleaner/conditioner. You are in the business, and you don't even know me so why would you lie to me. I guess that I will have to try the 4 star. I CAN BE OPEN MINDED!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts