Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I would post a little writeup since I just learned how to log data with the Predator. Hopefully it'll help you guys out.

It is VERY easy to datalog with the Predator. You need to go to this page DiabloSport :: Gas and Diesel Tuning Systems and download the Dataviewer (product version). Once you have that downloaded and installed you can run that program on your laptop. Have the program running and then bring the laptop to your ride. Plug the pred into your car with the engine running and wait for it to load to the main menu. Then you will hook the Pred up to the laptop with Dataviewer running and the Dataviewer program will take over control of the Pred. You can then see a bunch gauges on your laptop as it streams everything from your car. Its really cool to watch. Then you hit the red record button at the top of the screen when you are ready to start datalogging and hit it again when you are ready to stop. Then you file save as and save that log. It will be a .log file. Then you can attach that file to an email and send it to a tuner for analysis. Hope that helps.

At the point when the Dataviewer is showing different gauges of info from your car you have the option of adding more or taking them away by checking off different options on the left side of the screen. It just so happens that the PIDS or pieces of info that my tuner needed for me to log automatically popped up when I entered Dataviewer so I didn't have to check or uncheck anything for more logging info.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I felt so cool when I was riding around with my laptop and all these gauges all over the screen doing different things. Really neat to watch your coolant temp and throttle blade position and all that stuff real time.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Something I have yet to experience with my predator. I was a bit put off by the whole thing, as a result of having much trouble with the initial set-up due to the tool and software not liking my Vista 64 bit system. Let us know how you go with the CMR tune if this is what you intend using the data log for.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yes I definitely use it for the tune. I sent my log off to my tuner at DS and he sent me back an awesome tune based on the results of the log. I figure I just spent $300 for the tool...I'm going to squeeze every penny I can out of it. I don't need to pay someone to data log for me.

·
Registered
510 Posts
So what you're telling me is that as purchasers of this tool, we are all eligible to get a custom tune from Diablo Sports? If this is the case, then I'm definitely going to data log mine too and send them the results!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have to pay for the custom tune haha...I wish it was free. Data logging just makes it easier for a tuner to see what your car is doing and create a tune based on the data log. The guy I use charges $100 for an email tune.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I've been intending to do this for a while now, but never seem to have the time. I think I'll have to make the time next week...

While I love my CSRT, the one thing that pisses me off no end, is the transmission bogging down in a high gear than I want to be in all the time. I drive it mostly on highway runs and when I get to a town or city, the car drives like my nanna.... Pulling fuse 11 or plugging in the predator is a pain in the arse thing to have to do all the time. Is there anyway I can over-ride this "intelligent" transmission thingy?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Actually going to do some data logging tonight. My buddy's coming along with his laptop. My car's running great on the CMR start-up tune (heads/cam). Hope it only takes a couple revisions at most to get it to where I'd like it.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^^^Cool man...Yea if you get a good amount of logging with lots of on/off throttle runs and several WOT runs in different gears a good tuner should be able to get you done easily. To oldval...A good tuner can get that tranny to be WAYY more responsive. I know the feeling of going half throttle and bogging in a high gear. This is another reason to log and then have a tuner send you an email tune that tweaks the engine along with the tranny. This new tune I just got really makes my car pull hard, and also makes the tranny very responsive and snaps into gear like a sporty trans should.

·
Registered
510 Posts
You've convinced me.... I'll sort this data logging out early next week, when I have a day off and can dedicate some time to my car. Send me a PM with details of your custom tuner guy. @ $100 I reckon this is a good investment and something that'll make my driving experience all the more enjoyable.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Great write up inferno. Definetely more detailed than mine from memory lmao!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I felt so cool when I was riding around with my laptop and all these gauges all over the screen doing different things. Really neat to watch your coolant temp and throttle blade position and all that stuff real time.
Keep your eyes on the road dammit! :)

Sounds cool.

you can watch your throttle position (or maybe it is pedal position) on the evic.

·
Registered
550 Posts
bump for jetblack6.1...
Thank you soooo much man!!! Ive been working alot this last week so i havent had time to get in here for a while but thanks bro! Im sure this helped a TON of us who also want to get more out of our predator and just didnt know how. I wish the moderators would consider making this a permanent sticky. Im gonna borrow my sis's laptop so i can do this as soon as possible!! MUCHO APRECIACION!!!! :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
9 Participants
Austin Goodwin
Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums
Join the 300c forum community to discuss the Chrysler 300c, SRT8, horsepower specs, AWD system and so much more!
Full Forum Listing