Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tech's checklist:

1. Go to vehicle preparation.
2. Select Fog lamp output. Start this program. You will be asked if you want to enable the output for the fog lamps. Simply click Next.
3. The next question is the crucial question. Your car is typically set to US/Can/Me. Set it for Export by clicking on the button that says "Export". Hit Finish and wait about 20 seconds.

You now have fog lights that will stay on with the high beams.

Notes:
1. Make sure you & your tech follow the steps slowly & precisely. Don't assume you don't need the checklist at any point in the process.
2. Manually select fog lamps off, if desired, via the fog lamp button.
3. So far the only starscan units used have been running version 6.04 or higher software. This procedure may work with versions older than 6.04, but that has not yet been demonstrated.
4. 6 forward-firing lamps blazing is not a legal configuration in most, if not all, states. Use your good judgement as to when to employ. Consider them a visual airhorn. And a good way to brighten up a dark country road.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Meister said:
Tech's checklist:

1. Go to vehicle preparation.
2. Select Fog lamp output. Start this program. You will be asked if you want to enable the output for the fog lamps. Simply click Next.
3. The next question is the crucial question. Your car is typically set to US/Can/Me. Set it for Export by clicking on the button that says "Export". Hit Finish and wait about 20 seconds.

You now have fog lights that will stay on with the high beams.

Notes:
1. Make sure you & your tech follow the steps slowly & precisely. Don't assume you don't need the checklist at any point in the process.
2. Manually select fog lamps off, if desired, via the fog lamp button.
3. So far the only starscan units used have been running version 6.04 or higher software. This procedure may work with versions older than 6.04, but that has not yet been demonstrated.
I have been trying to find out how to do this on the other 300 forums, someone sent me here. Glad to find your site! If my dealer tech won't do this mod, do you guys know what # relay in the fuse/relay box is the foglight relay? On my 2001 Ram you can pull the "foglight relay" out of the fuse box under the hood and put a jumper wire across two of the five terminals in it - which enables the foglights to stay on with the high beams. I was wondering if this same thing is possible in a 300C. I would hate to jump the wrong thing......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Racinfan83 said:
I have been trying to find out how to do this on the other 300 forums, someone sent me here. Glad to find your site! If my dealer tech won't do this mod, do you guys know what # relay in the fuse/relay box is the foglight relay? On my 2001 Ram you can pull the "foglight relay" out of the fuse box under the hood and put a jumper wire across two of the five terminals in it - which enables the foglights to stay on with the high beams. I was wondering if this same thing is possible in a 300C. I would hate to jump the wrong thing......
Welcome Racinfan83, glad you made it over here. This is absolutely the best place for any information on the 300C. The other site I sent you from has a little bit of information, but this place is the encyclopedia of knowledge! Anything you want to know or do to your car has most likely been found out or done before by someone on this site. Do a search for just about anything and you will find it. If you don't find it, feel free to ask, everyone here is happy to share their knowledge!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Racinfan83 said:
Welcome, Racinfan83. :wave:

I'd suggest you stick with the starscan route to enable your fogs with high beams. You may wish to do a search here for "enable DRLs" as well, and print out the instructions for both enabling of Daytime Running Lights and enabling fogs + and take them to your dealer to have accomplished at the same time.

If that dealer won't do it, go elsewhere. Dodge dealers are a good lot as well, and welcome all LXes.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You may have a hard time finding a dealer willing to do this, if I am not mistaken they dont enable them for US cars because that is not legal in the US.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ktek01 said:
You may have a hard time finding a dealer willing to do this, if I am not mistaken they dont enable them for US cars because that is not legal in the US.
Details, details, ktek01. ;)

I'm aware of no one who has been refused - I've been enjoying having the ability to run fogs with brights (6 forward lights blazing) for some time now.

I notice now you're somewhat new here, ktek. Welcome aboard. :wave: And be advised that I don't post suggestions in general, and those involving the starscan in particular, that I haven't tried myself. ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Meister said:
Details, details, ktek01. ;)

I'm aware of no one who has been refused - I've been enjoying having the ability to run fogs with brights (6 forward lights blazing) for some time now.

I notice now you're somewhat new here, ktek. Welcome aboard. :wave: And be advised that I don't post suggestions in general, and those involving the starscan in particular, that I haven't tried myself. ;)
Thanks Guys. I take it to the dealer today for normal maintenance, maybe I can slip the tech a 20 or something. Sorry, but I want no part of the daytime running lights, however. So I'll just try the other way. Thanks again...

Yeah, the tech will do it, the starscan wasn't working today, so he'll get it done when I take it back to get the part installed that was bad. Thank you very much!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Hail to the Meister, I'will be visiting my fav.5 star guys today.
Hope it works (I mean they do it) for me.
Mission acomplished (2nd try), oh uh I mean this isn't legal in the USA you all should be ashamed of yourselves, wink wink :banana:I now have a Mexican 300C :friday:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update to Enabling fogs with high beams

Note 4 added to post #1.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts