Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the light output compared to stock? Hid's on the stock light is really bright. I know it can blind people but i got mine tilted down so i never get flashed. I think they would look sweet color matched. I might do later down the road. You just need new bulbs right?

Nice write up!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Unibomber,

Steve sent me a link to this site in reference to your solution.

After filing so that the bulb could fit, I did get an improvement on the projection. However, it still looks like your "before" pic. It was like that before, only at the center of the two half-circles there was a dark spot. Now that spot is bright (on both half-circles), but it is still not projecting one solid strip of white light. In other words, my "before" looks like the right projection on your before pic, and my "after" looks like the left projection on your before pic.

Is the bulb just still not sitting in as far as it could? Or is there more I can do? These are the Xetronic Digitals at 4.3K.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah they're H1's.

I agree; aftermarket headlights aren't gonna be as good as the real deal. But I'd be happy just to have it as good as your "after" pic.

It sounds like you had the lights on when you were adjusting the positioning of the bulbs(?). That sounds like a good idea. Did you completely cut/file off the nubs on the base of the bulb? (the little rounded stubs that are supposed to keep it from rotating)

thanks for your help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My return wire is facing down as well. I tried it both up (12o'clock) and down (6o'clock). Both produce the same crappy results, except for that facing up you can see the shadow it produces on the wall (which should come to no surprise).

I think mine just aren't in far enough. I thought they were and I'm pretty sure I got one of the nubs in the cavity that it is supposed to go into (I cut the other one off.) They are projecting high right now so tomorrow I will realign them and check out the seating again.

I am confused about one thing you said, though: your return wire is facing down (6), yet it looks like you filed a groove at the top of the housing to allow the return wire to be on top (12). ??

·
Registered
5 Posts
alright, well I'll cut off the other nub on the bulbs and and play around with the rotation, see if I can hit the jackpot that way.

thanks for all of your help! I'll post the results tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
so how did it work out?

im a few days im gonna take my headlights out again so ill take summore pics if you need it
well, last night I did what is definitely going to be my last tweaking session. (if I have to take off the bumper/headlights one more time........)

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the results. vertical/horizontal adjustment is good, cutoff is good (but gets more blury the farther back I am), and overall projection is pretty good. Of course, I am judging these lights for what they are: halogen projectors with HID conversion. My results wouldn't be considered acceptable if they were retrofit. But it looks very close to your results (the light projected isn't quite as white as yours, but the cutoff is the same).

I appreciate your help man!

·
Registered
158 Posts
np man glad i could help

the farther back i go the more blurry mine is also, and my lights are xenondepot 6500k and i love the look of them in a projector...i will be doing a retro fit in the aftermarket housing with either honda s2000, acura tl or acura tsx projectors..then ill be more happy with what i got lol

but for the price you cant beat it :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
so are these better then stock hallogen ones and would this have to be done on all the cheaper projectors on ebay? if you change to hids?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts