Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how I find the anti-theft code after a battery disconnect? I looked through my paperwork from when I bought it and can't find anything. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I'm curious about this as well because I got the same thing, but it always clears when I start the car. Did you try to enter anything?

It should recover itself once you start the car.

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
1,119 Posts
Starting in the 2012 model year, RHR, RHB, RES, RHA, REB, RE2, RB5, RB6, RE6 radios in the US all require a Radio Anti-Theft Code to operate. There have been a few cases on 2011 vehicles, JC, LD, LX models.

All radios now require an anti-theft code no matter what year vehicle they are installed in. The anti-theft code is only needed when a radio is swapped from one vehicle to another. The radio keeps track of the VIN over the bus and when the VIN changes it will ask for the code. The initial install of a new radio from Mopar should not require a code. Dealers can access the codes required through DealerConnect, by authorized dealer personnel.

RADIO ANTI-THEFT CODE PROCEDURE:
For the vehicles that are equiped with power net or NTG4 radios. If the Telematics Gateway Module (TGW) or the radio have been removed or replaced. A four digit security code is required in order for the radio to function:

The key must be in the "RUN" position.
Press the "ON/VOL" control button.
The word "CODE" or " Please enter Anti-Theft Code" will appear on the display.
Enter the 4-digit code by pressing the corresponding preset buttons in sequence.

NOTE: If three consecutive attempts are made to enter an invalid anti-theft code the radio will enter a ‘WAIT’ state. While in this state the radio display will read ‘WAIT’. To exit the ‘WAIT’ state the radio must remain powered with the ignition in the run position for a continuous 30 minutes (the vehicle may be driven during this time). After exiting the ‘WAIT’ state the radio will again display ‘CODE’ and a valid anti-theft code may be entered.

·
Registered
460 Posts
As Cool_V_300C noted, as long as your original radio is the one installed, the Anti-Theft code will clear itself in time.

Turn the car off, making sure that you give it enough time to really turn off by opening a door and waiting for the blue light around the USB port in the center console to turn off, then turn it back on. All should be well after that.

You just need to give the radio enough time to have a nice conversation with the car so that they're sure that they know each other.

You will only need to manually enter a code if you are trying to use a new radio.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
ChryslerCares,

I hate to keep dragging you into this, but this system really needs a reset option given people could potentially lock themselves out. Right now disconnecting the battery seems to be the only "reset" option.

Do you know of any sequence that will reboot the Uconnect radio?

Thanks!

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
1,119 Posts
Hi CoolV,

I've search any & all resources/databases that I have access to and have not been able to locate any quick "reset" option. The only notations I've seen that even discuss this option is after a system update is completed, the screen will read “Reflash Successful” then you touch the screen and the radio will reboot itself. Other than that, I see nothing.

I've forwarded this info to the Product Development Team for review, if they respond with some info I will be sure to post it.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Hi CoolV,

I've search any & all resources/databases that I have access to and have not been able to locate any quick "reset" option. The only notations I've seen that even discuss this option is after a system update is completed, the screen will read “Reflash Successful” then you touch the screen and the radio will reboot itself. Other than that, I see nothing.

I've forwarded this info to the Product Development Team for review, if they respond with some info I will be sure to post it.
Much Appreciated!

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you are lucky enough to have a radio that has the known engineering-mode button combination, you have the option of choosing a factory reset. That can be extremely helpful in certain situations. I'm sure there's a similar option in all of the radios, but nobody has figured the button combo yet.

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
If you are lucky enough to have a radio that has the known engineering-mode button combination, you have the option of choosing a factory reset.
Well, that's a happy thought! Probably one of those builds or the 2011 iPod update took this away.

I'm sure there's a similar option in all of the radios, but nobody has figured the button combo yet.
Given how many button combinations I tried, somehow I doubt that. But if it did exist, that would be fantastic. IIRC the Aussies even get to play DVDs while driving using this mode. That's really a happy thought.

·
Premium Member
4,719 Posts
Not all Aussies, just some. :biggrin: And the power folding mirrors are like an extra really happy thought. :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
1 Posts
How do you find the code? I don't know where to find it? Is it part of the VIN #

I just bought a 2012 Ram 1500 and when I pulled into my garage last night the truck died completely and locked the key in the ignition. I was able to mess with the battery cables and then get the truck to operate properly but the enter theft code came up. Everything worked except I couldn't turn the radio on? Also, the battery light came on.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please help me mate... I had some work done in my car which i had to disconnect the battery, just that uconnect will not work until i input the 4digit code which i cant find anywhere in the car
vin: 988611156gk044870
radio s/no: 00268
date: 14115
supplier: 101730
thanks...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Was he able to help you out? If not I may be able to, infortunately not free. If I can get code for you it's $30. I won't ask for payment until I can confirm code. Let me know.

We have a few credits on our Dealer Account, so if you provide your Radio S/N, I might be able to get your Radio Code.
Any chance you can help me? I'm in the same situation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Starting in the 2012 model year, RHR, RHB, RES, RHA, REB, RE2, RB5, RB6, RE6 radios in the US all require a Radio Anti-Theft Code to operate. There have been a few cases on 2011 vehicles, JC, LD, LX models.

All radios now require an anti-theft code no matter what year vehicle they are installed in. The anti-theft code is only needed when a radio is swapped from one vehicle to another. The radio keeps track of the VIN over the bus and when the VIN changes it will ask for the code. The initial install of a new radio from Mopar should not require a code. Dealers can access the codes required through DealerConnect, by authorized dealer personnel.

RADIO ANTI-THEFT CODE PROCEDURE:
For the vehicles that are equiped with power net or NTG4 radios. If the Telematics Gateway Module (TGW) or the radio have been removed or replaced. A four digit security code is required in order for the radio to function:

The key must be in the "RUN" position.
Press the "ON/VOL" control button.
The word "CODE" or " Please enter Anti-Theft Code" will appear on the display.
Enter the 4-digit code by pressing the corresponding preset buttons in sequence.

NOTE: If three consecutive attempts are made to enter an invalid anti-theft code the radio will enter a ‘WAIT’ state. While in this state the radio display will read ‘WAIT’. To exit the ‘WAIT’ state the radio must remain powered with the ignition in the run position for a continuous 30 minutes (the vehicle may be driven during this time). After exiting the ‘WAIT’ state the radio will again display ‘CODE’ and a valid anti-theft code may be entered.
Thank you very much. Very helpful info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was he able to help you out? If not I may be able to, infortunately not free. If I can get code for you it's $30. I won't ask for payment until I can confirm code. Let me know.
I have a 2017 Jeep Renegade Sport. I bought an upgraded radio out of a 2016 Jeep Renegade I need the code. My dealer is a dumb ass and says he cant get it. Can you help? [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks it did recover and doing the dissconnect for 45 min did reset the uconnect and the phone paired up right away. thanks for the help.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts