Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've see this on some 300c's. Can someone tell me how you can get the speed readout to be displayed on the dash?

·
Registered
97 Posts
you have to do the "easter egg" thing i think on the normal 300c. i think it was hold down the music note and the compass buttons on the steering wheel for 5 seconds or similar... on the srt8 it is in the performance features option in the evic menu...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you have to do the "easter egg" thing i think on the normal 300c. i think it was hold down the music note and the compass buttons on the steering wheel for 5 seconds or similar... on the srt8 it is in the performance features option in the evic menu...
Don't understand please explain....

·
Registered
81 Posts

...if you do a search for 'evic easter egg' the threads you find there will explain...it's simple, good luck

·
Registered
81 Posts
sorry but I couldn't post the link for you.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
just hold down the music note button and the button opposite from it (i think the one that looks like a piece of paper), hold both buttons down until the EVIC changes, then just scroll through it for the speedo. Btw, car should be on or at least have key in on position, also many cars dont have the big speedo because of which software is present in the car but all cars have the small one. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Heres what the speedo thing looks like

·
Registered
916 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
glad to help a fellow member/canuck

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Ya it worked for me as well unfortunately us 06 folks dont have the cool 0-60 times im gonna look in to if there is a way to update my EVIC. My last chime was for airbag :pat: I knew this thing had been in a light wreck and someone got it fixed with out it getting reported I could see where on the paint it wasnt perfect it took me 4 months to find though!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Ya it worked for me as well unfortunately us 06 folks dont have the cool 0-60 times im gonna look in to if there is a way to update my EVIC. My last chime was for airbag :pat: I knew this thing had been in a light wreck and someone got it fixed with out it getting reported I could see where on the paint it wasnt perfect it took me 4 months to find though!
Id consider getting that checked out, because perhaps the airbag wasnt reinstalled properly. Some shops had been caught putting other crap in there like empty cigarette packages, which can hurt you in a crash.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Id consider getting that checked out, because perhaps the airbag wasnt reinstalled properly. Some shops had been caught putting other crap in there like empty cigarette packages, which can hurt you in a crash.
after further review and learning how to read it said ABS so my brain said airbags instead of ABS wow what a moment

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
after further review and learning how to read it said ABS so my brain said airbags instead of ABS wow what a moment
lol, thats more like it, everyones says abs so no biggie

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Do This Work On The Touring?
I believe it does, the big digital speedo and the 0-60 timer depends on what software verson is installed on your car

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya that would be nice to update the EVIC. If anyone knows if thats possible chime in here. Love to get the 0-60...

·
Registered
60 Posts
is there any way to keep the 0-60 after u turn off the key then start it again ? doesnt it reset?

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Supposedly you can get it updated but normally the dealer only does it if problems exist...but I doubt it would hurt to ask :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts