Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,
So I've recently gotten a hold of a 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited (3.5 RWD 4Spd).
So far I love the car, feel like a rich man in one, very torquey at low speeds.
BUT, its hella slow. My 2007 VW New Beetle 2.5L 6Spd easily beats it in a straight line at any speed (highway speeds would probably be different though) let alone corners.
Before those of you out there will say I should've gotten the C or SRT-8, I got a really good deal on this vehicle.
2008 300 Limited 3.5 V6 RWD, 150'000, E-Tested, Safety-Tested, $5000 CAD.
And yes I do understand and acknowledge that despite it having 100 more HP and torque than my Beetle, it weighs a lot more as well.

Any ideas? Other threads on this forum suggest the following:
- Cold Air Intake
- Supercharger & Turbocharger (Really expensive though)
- Upgraded transmission (More gears, 6-9spd)
- Weight reduction (yeah... no chance lmao)
- Dyno/ECU Tuning
- Diffusers (Rear Window, Rear Bumper, Trunk spoiler)

I'm really leaning towards doing Cold Air Intake & Diffusers first since they're cheap, and a Supercharger and Tranny down the road.

What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
I thought the only 4 speed transmission were with the lowly 2.7L V6s, but I guess my memory is faulty. I think the main problem is that 4 speed vs. the NAG1 5 speed.

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
Three basic, best bang for the buck, mods I'd recommend are:

Cold intake
Freer flowing exhaust
Programmer

Those three mods used in conjunction with one another will make a difference in throttle response, better torque at lower RPM and better HP across the RPM range.

You sure you have a 4 spd???

·
Registered
1 Posts
Three basic, best bang for the buck, mods I'd recommend are:

Cold intake
Freer flowing exhaust
Programmer

Those three mods used in conjunction with one another will make a difference in throttle response, better torque at lower RPM and better HP across the RPM range.

You sure you have a 4 spd???
I have a 3.5 and it is a 4 SPD

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, you would probably be better off getting a different car with 5.7L or bigger rather than going with any big mods on the 3.5, you will run into the break even on cost very quickly, but barring that, rear end swap, wheel/tires, tune, take out the spare from the back.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Well, you would probably be better off getting a different car with 5.7L or bigger rather than going with any big mods on the 3.5, you will run into the break even on cost very quickly, but barring that, rear end swap, wheel/tires, tune, take out the spare from the back.
necropost.JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts