Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How To Post Pictures

Thought I would write up a little "how to" for all of those wondering how to include images in your posts. :)

First and foremost, you must have a site that will host your images. I use www.photobucket.com , mainly because it's free.

Once registered on that site, you can then upload the images that you would like to appear in your post to your "album". After you upload an image or picture, it will provide you with 3 different web addresses for each item that you upload; URL, TAG, and IMG. Copy the address that appears next to the IMG and simply paste it in your post. Your picture should show up!

Here is an example of what it will look like. The only difference is that there WILL NOT be spaces before and after the and the url wont be underlined or linked. I just did that so it wouldnt post a picture

[IMG] [url]http://img74.photobucket.com/albums/v224/lakersfan/300C/08_1_b.jpg[/url]

·
Registered
588 Posts
LakersFan said:
...First and foremost, you must have a site that will host your images. I use www.photobucket.com , mainly because it's free.

Once registered on that site, you can then upload the images that you would like to appear in your post to your "album". After you upload an image or picture, it will provide you with 3 different web addresses for each item that you upload; URL, TAG, and IMG. Copy the address that appears next to the IMG and simply paste it in your post. Your picture should show up!...
Actually, there is an easier way, done right here on the board.

First, begin your msg in the thread you wish to enter.

Second, now scroll down below the data you have just entered, then under "Additional Options", choose "Attach files", hit the "Manage Attachments" bar, upload the file you wish by Browsing for it (you should have stored it on your computer first), then hit "Upload". The file will be uploaded to the bottom of your msg format. You may upload a max of 5 files in one msg. You will see the file names you have assigned in that same area but will not see the pic(s) until you save the msg.

Third, and finally, hit "Submit Reply" (saving it) and you're done.

You can go back to the msg and edit it if you wish with additional comments at appropriate places.

I usually pre-prepare the pics to be uploaded into a *.jpg format since most persons can play them. When i edit them, I place them all in My Pictures after giving them reasonable names such as gascap1.jpg, etc.

Works great and you don't have to depend upon some other facility.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Both good ways.
THANX!

·
Registered
185 Posts
How to post pics

Can I get some instruction on how to post pics here in the web site. IT says that my file I want to put is to big

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Doc G said:
Can I get some instruction on how to post pics here in the web site. IT says that my file I want to put is to big
Here is a thread that explains how.
http://www.300cforums.com/showthread.php?t=890
Here is my explanation:

If you have the picture saved on your computer, click on the Manage Attachement and Browse/find the picture file on your computer, and then click the Upload button. There is a file size restriction, so you may need to crop/modify the pic to a smaller file size.
The picture will appear as an Attachment, as shown below.

To include a picture from another website and include it in the body of your message, like this,

go to the website and right click on the picture > Properties, and then highlight the address, as shown below. Then right click > Copy and paste the address into the body of your message. Then add
to front and back of the address, so it looks like this.
[ img]http://www.thewheelconnection.com/images/dub_bellagio_spinner_sm.jpg[ /img]

I added 2 spaces if front of the
so it will display correctly.
Don't include these spaces.
The downside to this method is if the website changes and/or the picture is deleted from the website, then your picture will no longer display.

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts
miles, i am trying to download a copy of the free navigation program update, its only about 9 lines long with about 100 words but when i try to upload to our site i get notice that limit is 19.5kb and my attachment is 258.2kb. i dont understand the form i'm trying to upload is very small, at least considerably smaller than the other stuff that has been uploaded from other memebers..help. i did have to burn copy of form on my printer (letter size).

·
Registered
588 Posts
james jefferson said:
miles, i am trying to download a copy of the free navigation program update, its only about 9 lines long with about 100 words but when i try to upload to our site i get notice that limit is 19.5kb and my attachment is 258.2kb. i dont understand the form i'm trying to upload is very small, at least considerably smaller than the other stuff that has been uploaded from other memebers..help. i did have to burn copy of form on my printer (letter size).
Sure you don't mean "upload" instead of "download"?

If so, It probably relates to excess white space, formatting symbols, or something like that. Suggest you move the file to be uploaded to any good photo s/w such as MS's Picture in Word and resize the item to fit the limits given you. I have to do that all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts