Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
reconnect your battery, reset and center your steering wheel, and reset balky power windows:

STANDARD PROCEDURE

BATTERY RECONNECTION
Note: This reconnection procedure is to be performed anytime the battery has been disconnected.
1. Connect the battery negative cable (2) to the battery post and tighten the clamp nut.
2. Install the rear compartment floor trim panel.

CAUTION: Once the battery has been connected, review and perform the following information also as applicable:

AUTO UP FRONT WINDOW
If the vehicle is equipped with the auto-up front window feature, once the battery is reconnected the door module needs to be calibrated. The door module requires calibration anytime the battery or door module has been disconnected for any length of time. To calibrate, perform the following:
1. Connect the battery cables.
2. Using the window switch, raise the window to the full UP position. Hold the switch in position for 1 second, then drive the window all the way down to the bottom.

ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM (ESP)
If the vehicle is equipped with ESP, once the battery is reconnected, the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) needs to be calibrated. The SAS requires calibration anytime the battery or an ABS (ESP) component has been disconnected for any length of time. To calibrate, perform the following:
1. Start the engine.
2. Center the steering wheel.
3. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left until the internal stop in the steering gear is met, then turn the wheel all the way to the right until the opposite internal stop in the steering gear is met.
4. Center the steering wheel.
5. Stop the engine.

:) Have I ever said how much I like having the service manual? :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
How to ...

This begins a new sticky requested by our members. The intent is to put into one place all posts, present and past, on how to do something with the 300 series autos.

I'll search through the past entries and move or copy the important ones here. This will take time and I'm bound to miss some of some person's favorite. Don't be upset, just send me a PM and I'll move it also if it meets our guidelines.

These initial entries will be in the order of the msg number when posted, so bear with me, please.

·
Registered
127 Posts
disable the seat belt sound:

From The cars Manual:

"Note:
The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON or START position. DaimlerChrysler does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (Belt Alert)."

1.Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position and buckle the driver's seat belt.
2.Start the engine & wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.
3.Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle & then re-buckle the driver's belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

"Note:
Watch for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn on while unbuckling and off while re-buckling the seat belt. It may be necessary to retract the seat belt."

4. Turn off the engine. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

The Enhanced Warning System (Belt Alert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

"Note:
Although the Enhanced Warning System (Belt Alert) has been deactivated, the Seat Belt Warning Light will continue to illuminate while the driver's seat belt remains unbuckled."

1 - 20 of 29 Posts