Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Factory Badge

One Common And Easy Way IS To Use Dental Floss.simply Floss Behind The Badge Pulling Towards You.. Just A Simple Detailers Tip!..
If You Want A Perfect Peel A Heat Gun Would Be Best However You Should Have Some Experience You Do Not Want To Damage Anything..
Go With Some Dental Floss And A Light Cleaner To Remove The Excess Glue That Will Remain After You Pull It Off

·
Registered
24 Posts
hair dryer and dental floss..

heat up the badge a b and saw slowly with the floss it should come off very easily..then use the goo gone and dab then wipe off..

i've done this on other cars i have had and it works great.. no marks or anything, of course i washed the car after i debadged it just in case..

take some pics when you are done.. i have been seriously considering this with my car but i'd like to see how it looks first...

are you doing ALL the badges? i have a 300C

HOW dare you, having a picture of my wife in your sig!

: )

·
Registered
625 Posts
Remove the Stcky

rmedina said:
How do go about removing the sticky stuff? Will goo begone work?

Thanks..
Goo Be Gone, Oops, Goof-Off etc... all will work to remove the sticky, Rubbing alcohol will also work. Hand wax the area afterwards, as all wax will also be removed. Clear coat will be fine. Best results: all by hand, no buffing wheels etc...
Dan

·
Registered
323 Posts
WD-40 does a good job removing the goo as well. I used a hair dryer to heat it up then used fishing line behind the badge to pull it off. Afterwards, WD-40 was used to remove the goo. No problems at all.

·
Registered
142 Posts
HOW dare you, having a picture of my wife in your sig!

: )

That's your wife too??!! Now I know why there's all that sticky stuff. :sgrin:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to give the goo gone a shot.. I'm taking it off my girlfriend's father chevy truck..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts