Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Sniffing round the internet it appears the issue I'm having with my mirrors/windows could maybe be down to broken wires where the door joins the main body - I've tried to remove the rubber boot, but it doesn't seem to want to move. Anyone know how to detach it so I can check my wiring?

Cheers

JD

·
Registered
479 Posts
The end of the boot slips over connectors at each end. If I remember correctly I used a small regular screw driver to pry it off.. There are tabs that you push to disconnect the connectors from the door and car, but the rubber is easier to remove with them still connected, so do that last. When you go to re-install use a little soap or armour all on the edge of the rubber and it will slide back on easier..

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
^^^X2

Thats a good starting point. Keep it posted & when you found the remedy.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the boot come out of the door side in a similar way? Can't seem to feel any clips, and the rubber itself seems to thin for there to be anything to clip on. Does it just pull out of the door? No problem getting it out from the body side, but I want to check the other end as well...

JD

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Does the boot come out of the door side in a similar way? Can't seem to feel any clips, and the rubber itself seems to thin for there to be anything to clip on. Does it just pull out of the door? No problem getting it out from the body side, but I want to check the other end as well...

JD
Surely there is no other end to check within the rubber boot. The door internals will be wired as a full loom, the wires then extend through the boot without any connection other than on the door frame. If you want to get at the other end of the wire you would need the door card off ?

Measure some voltages at the circuit breakers when your trying to operate the windows or mirrors as suggested before ?
Alternatively check for 12V on Pin 22 under rubber boot connectors then work from there.

Jack

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quick question is the problem with the mirrors and windows where the passenger mirror does move neither do the driver's and passengers windows doesn't operate from the master switch?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not quite. Mirrors dip when engaging reverse, and also fold when requested but no other adjustment of the mirror works. Windows open from master switch, but occasionally passenger window won't open from passenger switch. Auto-up on driver window also fails intermittently.

JD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts