Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, that may sound odd to Americans, but I'm from abroad... :)

Has anyone ever removed the front cupholder? Is it removable at all? The case with the small door seems to be just perfect to store small items like a mobile, coins, keys or chewing gum. That stuff usually disappears in the large center console.
But the cupholder insert takes too much room, it's quickly filled up so that the door cannot be closed anymore. I would like to remove the insert if possible.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
From what I recall from my manual, base 300's (not sure which of the Touring or Limited is this way as well) do have a 'pull out' beverage holder in that area...the C (and one of the other mid 300's, I think) have beverage holders that do not come out.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The base 300's do have cupholders that can be removed for cleaning, the Touring and the "C"'s holders do not come out.

This information comes directly from the Owner's Manual on pg. 315:

300-

Perform the following steps to clean the center console cup holders:

Grab the center of the rubber portion of the cup holder firmly and lift upward to remove.

Soak the rubber cup holder liner in a mixture of MEDIUM tap water and one teaspoon of mild liquid dish soap. Let soak for approximately one hour.

After one hour pull the liner from the water and dip it back into the water about six times. This will loosen any remaining debris.

Rinse the liner thoroughly under warm running water. Shake the excess water from the liner and dry the outer surfaces with a soft clean cloth.

Carefully tuck the front, followed by the rear, then side edges of the cup holder into the center console.

"C" and Touring-

Clean with a damp cloth or towel using a mild detergent with the cup holder in the center console.

There is storage for cell phones in the top of the lid for the center console as well as room for two pens or pencils.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

·
Registered
127 Posts
gossame1 said:
There is storage for cell phones in the top of the lid for the center console as well as room for two pens or pencils.
what brand of cell phones would fit perfictly in that slot?

·
Registered
436 Posts
jamoleh said:
what brand of cell phones would fit perfictly in that slot?[/QUOTE]

I know Jamoleh is asking this question becuase I think only 25% of the cell phones that are currently on the market fit, the rest of the 75% don't.

Someone correct me please but DC messed that slot way up!

The extra power source with charger wire holes is smart, but it stops there.

·
Registered
236 Posts
First300COwner said:
jamoleh said:
what brand of cell phones would fit perfictly in that slot?[/QUOTE]

I know Jamoleh is asking this question becuase I think only 25% of the cell phones that are currently on the market fit, the rest of the 75% don't.

Someone correct me please but DC messed that slot way up!

The extra power source with charger wire holes is smart, but it stops there.
I'm not sure about what phone sizes would fit, the best thing would be to try and put your phone in the slot.

Brian T. Carotenuto

·
Registered
127 Posts
gossame1 said:
I'm not sure about what phone sizes would fit, the best thing would be to try and put your phone in the slot.

Brian T. Carotenuto
I have the Nokia 9500 communicator and I am sure that it won't fit but if I find a phone that would, I would buy one coz the communicator is really big and am thinking of changing it to some thing smaller.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts