Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
you should be able to just pop the hood and look down to find the corresponding bulb socket i.e. lo or high beam, grab and twist counter clockwise. You shouldn't have to move anything but maybe the air filter box which is easy with just simple tools. Not sure with the 3.5 thought. If you have replacement bulbs already just take out the old bulbs and put the new ones in, but don't touch the glass surface cause it will leave oil from your hand and eventually blow the bulb. It really is easy. I don't have any pics though, maybe someone else can chime in here.

·
Registered
979 Posts
nv you are right on! I have a 3.5 and its exactly the same way and on the one side the airbox does need to come out i couldnt squeeze my hand in there and turn the bulb. But the air box take only a minute or two to get out and put in. this is a 10minute job at max..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*&^% i feel so stupid...i was reading all the posts on here about how hard it was and guys getting cuts on their hands and you have to move the air box...etc etc...

F*&K that..! it was the easiest thing to do..and didn't need to move the air box at all..just open the cover and moved the pwr steering resevoir which was so easy, no tools needed....i can probably do it in 2 mins now...lol

fogs.....yeah..fun...

·
Registered
1 Posts
install HID headlights in a 2006 300c SRT8

I was told as I was getting my oil changed that only a dealership can replace the HID lights.........does anyone know if this is true?

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Not true! Bulbs for the HID lights are easy to change.
Reviving an old discussion here: the owners manual mentions high voltage for the HID bulbs. What special precautions does one need to take when replacing a stock HID bulb with a new one?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Reviving an old discussion here: the owners manual mentions high voltage for the HID bulbs. What special precautions does one need to take when replacing a stock HID bulb with a new one?

Thanks.
Only precaution I can tell you when removing any type of bulb is to make sure that they weren't turned on prior to removing them unless you want to burn your fingers since they can get pretty hot.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks.
Replacing the bulb in my 2005 300C. Haven't done it yet but my mechanic said to disconnect the battery before replacing the bulb. He stated that there's a 2000v charge and it only takes 1000v to kill you(better safe than sorry). Also wear latex gloves and try not to touch the bulb as oils from fingers damage the lens. Going to try this weekend good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
*&^% i feel so stupid...i was reading all the posts on here about how hard it was and guys getting cuts on their hands and you have to move the air box...etc etc...

F*&K that..! it was the easiest thing to do..and didn't need to move the air box at all..just open the cover and moved the pwr steering resevoir which was so easy, no tools needed....i can probably do it in 2 mins now...lol

fogs.....yeah..fun...
Thanks man , it is so easy to do :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts