Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my windows tinted Sat. After I picked up the car it was apparent they had moved the driver's seat so I needed to reposition it. For some reason it didn't re-set to my programmed position. I also needed to re-set the steering wheel and re-programmed the memory for the seat and steering wheel .

Now, when I turn off the ignition the steering wheel moves up but the seat does not push back. What should I be looking for here to re-set that command?

TIA

·
Registered
442 Posts
If you have your seat set to where it is 2.5 inches or less from the farthest back it
can go, the seat will not move back when you remove the key.

If you check your owners manual, it will tell you to adjust the seat forward a little
at a time until it will move back when the key is removed.

I think you just have it set back to far. Try moving the seat forward an inch from
where you have it now and see if it will move back when you take out the key.

Jim

·
Registered
142 Posts
Adjust everything to your liking, then press the set button on the door panel, then press number 1, or number 2 if you have used the number 1 position for another key.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CJ7VFR said:
If you have your seat set to where it is 2.5 inches or less from the farthest back it
can go, the seat will not move back when you remove the key.

If you check your owners manual, it will tell you to adjust the seat forward a little
at a time until it will move back when the key is removed.

I think you just have it set back to far. Try moving the seat forward an inch from
where you have it now and see if it will move back when you take out the key.

Jim

That just might explain it Jim. I'm a pretty tall guy (6'2") and do like my driving position where I'm moved back pretty far. I'll try what you suggest.

Thanks!

·
Registered
909 Posts
I hate tall guys

I'm only 5' 7" . It takes my seat about 10 minutes to go back from my memory set :biggrin:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I think that took care of it. I reset my seating position to what I believe to be at least 2.5" from the furthest back it could go and hit the memory button on the door. The info window said it was recorded and I went my merry way.

When I stopped for an errand the seat pushed back and the wheel lifted up. Great - I thought............

So starting it up again I came forward to the memory position and went down the road. At the next stop the wheel raised but the seat did not push back! WTF!? So I carefully again moved the seat all the way back, then forward to about 3" and hit memory in the door. Again the window showed it was recorded.

The next 2 stops the seat and wheel did what they're supposed to. Perhaps I was just on the edge of the 2.5" the first time and now I'm well into the memory area?!

Time will tell.

·
Registered
909 Posts
If you were short like me

you wouldn't have to deal with these issues :silly:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
chasb said:
you wouldn't have to deal with these issues :silly:

Hey you're not short..............

.................just vertically challanged................

...................................... :silly: ..................................

................................................btw how's the air down there?................

.................................................................. :smoker: .................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts