Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just ordered my HID kit.. and was wondering how do I stop my headlights from turning on when I unlock the car? I have a 2007 300. I was wondering if this canceled out after I installed the kit. I really don't want my HID's to come on everytime I unlock the car, and turn back off when I open the door.. then come back on after I start the car and turn them on. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the same issue. I bought my hid kit already and its installed and I would prefer for it to not turn on everytime I unlock the car. Oh and I dont know if its just me but does the passesnger side hid light turn off after a few seconds once i unlock my car when the engine isn't on?? I asked my buddy and he said his coworkers 300 does the same thing when he unlocks his car. Please someone help

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's normal for the aftermarket HID kits to not stay lit on one side sometimes. That's because the ballast doesn't have the minimum voltage needed to maintain power across the capacitor, so naturally it shuts off. Once you start the car and recharge the system, they come on just fine. My Ion does the same exact thing. If Chrysler programming doesn't allow you to cancel the lights somewhere in the driver preference settings then you just have to live with them coming on when you unlock your doors. You would think there's a setting that allows you to cancel the lights on feature when you unlock through your key fob. Check and see if that is an option. I'm new to these cars so forgive my ramblings about this and having no practical knowledge.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Theres no way to turn of the auto headlights when the unluck button is pressed. You only can if you have the EVIC system, or have a starscan tool.

You'll have to take it to the dealer or find someone with a starscan tool for non EVIC 300's.

I wish i could turn mine off too.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have the option to turn that feature on and off in my menu from my steering wheel controls. I have a 06 300c. I just went in the menu and there it was. Do you have that same menu?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts