Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

781 - 797 of 797 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine's a 13 SRT. Never did maps before so guessing I've got 12/13's. I'm hoping to do the map upgrade tonight or tomorrow if I can work out how to display the .System files and find a laptop that's got winzip

·
Registered
72 Posts
Awesome mate, looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Got a 2013 C Luxury I picked up a week ago. Loving it. I had the first gen '09, then foolishly traded that for a VF Calais. 6 months later I'm back.

The bluetooth is dead so I'm just waiting on delivery of a new HFM module to install from the USA.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've just bought a Nuvi 3590 off eBay. I did a check and my car is running 2014 maps.

I knew things were suss when travelling on the M7 in Sydney, it's called "Phillip Parkway" near Eastern Creek.

·
Registered
72 Posts
For anybody following this thread..

I have updated my maps to current 2020 maps.

Firstly I had to downgrade to CPT 2013 from 2016. This is done via the 'Dealer menu'.

I purchased a Garmin Nuvi 3590LM. $90 from eBay.

I connected the Garmin to my mac and pulled the relevant files on to a USB stick.

Maps installed successfully, however detailed maps were locked.

I purchased a cheap laptop so I could run the unlock app, I unlocked the appropriate files, tried again and I'm up and running. I will keep the uConnect at CPT2013, I haven't noticed any differences in performance.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Congrats! You now have free map updates whenever you want!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey guys, I'm trying to update to the 2020.30. Could either of you guys upload the files you used so I can do mine as well? I'm in a '13 srt as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey guys, I'm trying to update to the 2020.30. Could either of you guys upload the files you used so I can do mine as well? I'm in a '13 srt as well.
Hey Michael.
Awkward thing to ask given that most members here paid for maps in some shape or form. Good luck getting someone to just give them to you. Try Chrysler at $289 per update or buy a Nuvi for $100 and have free maps for life

·
Registered
38 Posts
Understandable, well if anyone does want to then I'm definitely open to it. I have a copy of the latest files, but files are just flat out missing from the folders, so not fun :(

·
Registered
518 Posts
I would be careful too. Not sure that the Chrysler/Garmin police are out looking for an individual who bought a Garmin in order to do this on his own, but once files start getting transferred freely or sold to multiple people that may bring out a different response. Also, not a simple transfer as the main maps file is over 4 GB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Best to buy a Nuvi 3490 or 3590. They have all the files you need. Mine cost $90 AUD.

There is an unlock app available, do some searching on the charger forums, all the info is there. Once you get your head around the procedure it's quite a straight forward process.

It's such a great thing, I was driving on Parramatta Rd last night, even the new West Connex tunnel is there!

Good luck!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks Stefan, that's the guide I've been looking at haha!

I live in South East Melbourne and make the drive outbound often, there are so many roads and such missing from those base maps, drives me up the wall!

Appreciate the help guys, thankyou.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've already downgraded to CTP13, even got the unlocker program downloaded and ready to go, the USB stick is almost completely set up, just missing a few files. I'm so close and yet so far haha, but no worries, I'll figure it out!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi guys,

Do you have voice commands working with your Nav with these self updates? Mine seem to have disappeared. If it's the price we pay, it's a small compromise I'm more than willing to live with.

I have VR with other uConnect functions, just not Nav.

Stef.

781 - 797 of 797 Posts