Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
781 - 800 of 805 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Awesome mate, looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Got a 2013 C Luxury I picked up a week ago. Loving it. I had the first gen '09, then foolishly traded that for a VF Calais. 6 months later I'm back.

The bluetooth is dead so I'm just waiting on delivery of a new HFM module to install from the USA.

· Registered
88 Posts
For anybody following this thread..

I have updated my maps to current 2020 maps.

Firstly I had to downgrade to CPT 2013 from 2016. This is done via the 'Dealer menu'.

I purchased a Garmin Nuvi 3590LM. $90 from eBay.

I connected the Garmin to my mac and pulled the relevant files on to a USB stick.

Maps installed successfully, however detailed maps were locked.

I purchased a cheap laptop so I could run the unlock app, I unlocked the appropriate files, tried again and I'm up and running. I will keep the uConnect at CPT2013, I haven't noticed any differences in performance.

· Registered
730 Posts
Congrats! You now have free map updates whenever you want!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys, I'm trying to update to the 2020.30. Could either of you guys upload the files you used so I can do mine as well? I'm in a '13 srt as well.
Hey Michael.
Awkward thing to ask given that most members here paid for maps in some shape or form. Good luck getting someone to just give them to you. Try Chrysler at $289 per update or buy a Nuvi for $100 and have free maps for life

· Registered
730 Posts
I would be careful too. Not sure that the Chrysler/Garmin police are out looking for an individual who bought a Garmin in order to do this on his own, but once files start getting transferred freely or sold to multiple people that may bring out a different response. Also, not a simple transfer as the main maps file is over 4 GB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Registered
88 Posts
Best to buy a Nuvi 3490 or 3590. They have all the files you need. Mine cost $90 AUD.

There is an unlock app available, do some searching on the charger forums, all the info is there. Once you get your head around the procedure it's quite a straight forward process.

It's such a great thing, I was driving on Parramatta Rd last night, even the new West Connex tunnel is there!

Good luck!

· Registered
88 Posts
Hi guys,

Do you have voice commands working with your Nav with these self updates? Mine seem to have disappeared. If it's the price we pay, it's a small compromise I'm more than willing to live with.

I have VR with other uConnect functions, just not Nav.

Stef.

· Registered
6 Posts
Anyone, hello?
hey buddy, had no issues with VR on my 2013 SRT8 in Australia, did the downgrade from CTP17, after using dealer menu to backup my user data, flashed the CTP13 5 times because the first flash VR gave an error had to flash user data back then it was all good but the Security Code screen come up which i have misplaced my user book so didn't have the pin but luckily if you let the car sit for 15mins it automatically talks to itself and recognizes the unit as the original and unlocks itself, that map upgrade went smooth i can provide unlocked 2021 maps but i'm in Australia so i don't think it'd be useful for you. the steps are rather simple just need a couple of usbs or your laptop with you in the car to swap files as you go e.g user data backup then taking the files off placing your ctp update downgrade files on doing that then swapping back to user data restoring it then clearing that then putting the correct map files on. the steps to do it all are on the charger forums. link here HOW TO: Map Update on Uconnect CTP13+ (2013 - 2014)
i had my car running for the process as i was worried it would time out but the map update only took like 10 minutes even tho it said on the screen can take 2 hours. also the car is super fussy with what USB sticks work with it. i tried 5 different ones and ended up just buying 2 new ones to get the job done and thankfully they worked.

· Registered
6 Posts
ah thats good to hear!
i know right haha, its so much better, im happy to help anyone if they need assistance as i had someone help me for free with it all, but i also managed to find a nuvi 2689 in the draw at home so i was able to get the map files needed free anyway as well as fellow SRT owner gave me his files . its all about helping a fellow out regardless if you paid to do it as i noticed someone previously posted about it being an awkward thing to ask cause others have paid.

781 - 800 of 805 Posts