Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at the post office this morning and as I'm walking back to my car an older guy puts down the passenger window on his Toyota (Camry?) and yells at me "Hey, how you like that Chrysler?"
So I said "I really like it! I've had it a couple months now and just love it."
He then says "I almost bought one, but got this. I should have bought it."
I didn't know what to say to that ("Yeah, you #[email protected]^% up pretty good!") so I just said "Well, that's a nice car too" but he was just oozing regret. Not sure what led him to a Toyota over a 300, but I totally agree with him: he should have bought the Chrysler!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Funny how they always refer to it as a "Chrysler"... It almost has a negative connotation to it when they say it, IMO. Guy said the same exact thing to me this morning..."How you like that Chrysler?"... I thought to myself, "why didn't you just say 'SRT'?" They almost never refer to my car as an "SRT", until we get further into the conversation. Anyway, I think that your dude thought that the Toyota was the more economical buy and it carries the import rep of durability/reliability...that's my guess... But all the 300 trims bring some level of "bang for your buck", I think...even the SRT!:09:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
So I was at the post office this morning and as I'm walking back to my car an older guy puts down the passenger window on his Toyota (Camry?) and yells at me "Hey, how you like that Chrysler?"
So I said "I really like it! I've had it a couple months now and just love it."
I didn't know what to say to that ("Yeah, you #[email protected]^% up pretty good!") so I just said "Well, that's a nice car too" but he was just oozing regret. Not sure what led him to a Toyota over a 300, but I totally agree with him: he should have bought the Chrysler!
2 words.... THE WIFE.

Hey old man... :eek:wned2:

Reactions: FAKESRT

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2 words.... THE WIFE.

Hey old man... :eek:wned2:
LMAO! I never thought of that.
It's so funny because it's probably true. Fortunately MY wife is wise enough to know that, as she put it, this sort of thing matters to me! (I believe her exact words were "You notice things other people don't notice and care about things other people don't care about. Get the Hemi."
'Course I spent about a week herding her into believing I should get the hemi before she had that epiphany, but you gotta know how to play'em!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
LMAO! I never thought of that.
It's so funny because it's probably true. Fortunately MY wife is wise enough to know that, as she put it, this sort of thing matters to me! (I believe her exact words were "You notice things other people don't notice and care about things other people don't care about. Get the Hemi."
'Course I spent about a week herding her into believing I should get the hemi before she had that epiphany, but you gotta know how to play'em!
And played well... Took my wife a looooooong time before she accepted the fact that I owned a SRT (300, to be specific--she always thought the 300 was ugly)...

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
And played well... Took my wife a looooooong time before she accepted the fact that I owned a SRT (300, to be specific--she always thought the 300 was ugly)...
AND YOU ASKED HER OUT ON A SECOND DATE?!?!?! :hitwithro

:lmao:

Reactions: FAKESRT

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
My wife loves Chrysler. Always has.

I was stopped in the grocery store and asked "what is that?". After I explained it, the lady that was asking me told me she was on her way to the dealership.

LOL, she was driving a Camry. Poor guy asking about the Chrysler.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I was on a flight the other day and the guy next to me was a GM rep that was where I was test driving the new vette so he could bring it to the dealer and speak intelligently about it. I said I recently bought a 300 and he said ohhhh nice car how do you like the chrysler...I said the 300 is an awesome machine (of course what he had been driving for two days was as well)

I think if you own one we call it a 300 where most just call it a chrysler...not the same name in my mind :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
My bud's 300S awd blew me away, The v6 really is quite the performer, the ride's awesome. We swapped vehicles last fall so I could have his winter tires installed. I didn't want to give him back his car, he ended up waiting 'till the weekend.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Growing up my Grand Father's and Uncles' driveways were full of Chryslers. Newports, New Yorkers, all the big family cars. This Chrysler kinda takes me back to those days. :smlove2:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
I didn't know what to say to that ("Yeah, you #[email protected]^% up pretty good!") so I just said "Well, that's a nice car too" but he was just oozing regret.
Yeah, you ARE pretty much between a rock and a hard place on that one. It's really a no-win situation for the other guy. I mean he's already waving the white flag of remorse and is certainly quite the mulyak. Still, you handled it appropriately enough, especially exercising Herculean willpower by not Homer-Simpson'ng aloud your parenthetical. DOH! Good job! We Chrysler owners are a wise and benevolent bunch. ;-)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I did a resonator and Cat delete and knock off flowmaster mufflers, and I have been flagged down by many people expressing how they love the sound of the car. Also on I75 I've had some chargers and a CTS-V trying to get me to bite, but used my better judgement.

Also, getting an oil change at the dealership ($60 for 4 oil changes, cant beat that) they took it to the back and I could hear them say "that does sound good!" as they revved it on the lift.

Absolutely love my car!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Let me just start by saying that the 300 is a beautiful car...there are days I miss mine very much. But after many rattles, squeaks, days and days at the dealership for warranty repair work- I traded it in 2 months ago. I still turn my head and look at 300s in traffic, as they are gorgeous cars.

Right after I purchased it new in 2011, it started having little issues...nothing major...but annoying little things that a $40K shouldnt be doing. I loved all the bells and whistles, the nav screen was like an HDTV, and I loved the UConnect. I loved the auto-start, keyless start, and that I couldnt lock my keys in the car. But, I quickly realized that the car itself (the paint and finishes, the fabric headliner, and plastic components) werent going to last; when opening the sunroof, I could see all the raw edges of the headliner fraying and slipping. The squeaking and rattling in the dash was going to drive me nuts, and the dealership tired in vain to fix it, but it continued.

That said, I felt that I needed to "cut my losses" and part with it. After my experiences with it for 3 years, I just didnt feel confident that it would "hold up" long term; I tend to keep cars about 10 yrs. I was very honest with Chrysler when they contacted me and asked me why I sold it; I just didnt feel the quality was there. Chrysler got it right with all the bells and whistles- the technology inside is awesome- but the quality of build is still lacking.

I bought a German-brand car, which I love, but there are some things I miss on the 300. I feel better knowing that my new car is well built and has superior engineering (not to mention 11 airbags for safety). I have to get used to the German philosophy...quality and safety first, and the bells & whistles are secondary. In American cars, the focus is comfort, convenience and bling--->then safety and quality.

One good thing is that with the 2015 300 coming out, I'm guessing that each year Chrysler improves on their cars. I cant say that I'll never own another 300... I love that "Baby Bentley"...gangster look. Any one else have buyer's regret?? Any comparisons/contrasts between the first redesign in 2011 up until now??

Here's the link to my comments about the 300 two years ago. I'm shaking my head and laughing...now.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/2n...221-dual-pane-panoramic-sunroof-option-2.html

·
Registered
292 Posts
Any one else have buyer's regret??
None, best car I've ever owned. 16 months and 27,000 miles I have only one nitpick. The finish on the grill has come off in one small area and another may be flawed. Going to have them check it next oil change.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Any one else have buyer's regret?
Hell yes. This is the last Chrysler I will ever buy. If I had the money, I would have gotten rid of it a year ago.

The dealers (2 now) can't fix my damnable pentastar engine. When it runs right, it's extremely smooth and quiet. And powerful. And remarkably fuel efficient. I'd love it if it ran like that all the time. Unfortunately, it does not. Intermittently, this results in jerky, or no, acceleration, under light throttle. I have never seen the service engine light. After a 1-3-5 cylinder head replacement, the jerkiness is less severe and less frequent, making it even harder to diagnose. I want my dealer to give me a co-pilot so I can record what the damn thing is doing when it's acting up, but alas they don't own one. So here I am, driving a lemon for 24K miles already.

On the plus side, my 300 is remarkably free of rattles. :arms: (I don't have the sun-roof, nor a subwoofer.)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Any one else have buyer's regret??
I appreciate your post and honest assessment and sorry you (rightfully) felt compelled to leave the fold. I just bought mine in November and admit there's been a few smallish issues that give it uh, character. Still, I love driving it or even looking at it -- a gorgeous, nicer class of car -- I feel very proud owning it. Unless something major pops up (and I understand there is that possibility) the only regret I have so far is not having purchased one years before. :squareeye

·
Registered
25 Posts
I originally bought a 2008 and it was wonderful. It was essentially a base model, so when the new design came out in 2011, I bumped up to a loaded Limited model, and that is where the drama began. I drove it until a month before the warranty was set to expire, then bought something else. I do miss its looks. Beautiful car...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have only one nitpick. The finish on the grill has come off in one small area and another may be flawed. Going to have them check it next oil change.
There is a paint recall- not sure if its for your model year. The edges of my hood and lower body panels were peeling; the recall covered it. They actually repainted all the lower panels. The peeling areas were small, but noticeable, and I think the car was less than 6 months old.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts