Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to be taking my car in this week, but would like you guys help on the topic so i don't get hosed by someone that doesn't know what they are doing at the dealership...

here is the problem. i set out on a 4 hour trip the other day, well 3/4 of the way there my air stops working... i am not the a/c i am talking "everything"... not the defrosted, head vents, the leg vents, nothing, nada....i messed with every combination or settings i could, but still nothing... about 30 min later, it starts working again... well on the way back. the problem was noticably worse as it happened more often. it would shut off for a long time then eventually click back on like nothing had happened. happened 2 or 3 times on the way back.i tried shutting it off and turning it back on... everything short of kicking the damn thing.... but still nothing... driving down the interstate with the window down is a pain in the ass but i had too... get in it this morning to come to work... and everything is fine again... i can't figure out where to look... the car is at normal operating temps everytime it has happened and nothing else seems to be effected. i did notice that the blower unit changes speed and sounds like it is blowing as i change the speed control up or down but no air is coming out inside the car. anyway... any help would be appreciated... i haven't really had much time to investigate much further as i just got back last night.... thanks in advance guys..

-Dustin

·
Registered
14 Posts
It sounds like it could be a loose connection. You might check the fuse block. You may have a loose connector. Do you know how to open it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
BTW, when I added fog lights to my 300 I opened the fuse box under the hood and found 2 relays that were not pushed in all the way from the factory. I suggest you re-seat everything in there.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John... thanks for your quick response... what fuse block are you talking about... under the hood, dash, batter area...?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Under the hood on the passenger side under the big black cover. It pops open by squeezing the three tabs on the sides.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok just wanted to make sure that was the one you were talking about... i will try it today some time... but i may never know if its a fix unless i go on a long trip or something..

·
Registered
14 Posts
OK, good luck!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for your help bro... will let you know how it goes

·
Registered
134 Posts
If the system is low on freon, the system will shut down (protection). This is a possibility. Has to do with going from a liquid state to a gaseous state, back and forth.

The older (70's,80's) units would blow hot if there wasn't enough freon or freeze up if too much.

Some people on the forum have had ice chips blow on them.

Good luck, (I need to take ours in as well. While driving on the highway it's not blowing cold.)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
but it isn't only when it is on a/c... it wouldn't blow period not hot, not cold, and not a/c so could this still be the case? it hasn't acted up since then which i why think it could be the case... my commute is only about 30 min. so it may not be long enough to freeze up... i will check my freon lvl tonight if i get the time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Now that you mention it, mine isn't very cold either. Does anyone know if this is a factory defect?
Thanx for the help guys!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i talked to one of my members here at the club... (i am an assistant golf professional by the way, just to clear what kind of club)... his father has a 300c as well and has had the same problem... i haven't been able to take mine in yet and it hasn't acted up again, but he took his in 5 times before they got it right... not sure what the final thing they fix is yet but i will let you guys know when i find out... he said they reprogramed the computer and changed out some sensors but not sure what else... i am starting to think it is def. a factory thing but i haven't seen anyone else mention it yet...

·
Registered
2006 Chrysler 300C
3 Posts
I have a 2006 Chrysler 300C and the heat or defroster doesn't work on the driver's side of the vehicle. When you turn it on it blows cold air even though you have it on high heat. No noise at all so do thinks it's the actuator. Need help because it's getting cold and need the heat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts