Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any news on hybrid technology coming to the Chrysler family, with gas prices at an all time high and no signs of the prices coming down anytime soon, given our current state this would be an ideal time.

Would anyone be intrested in a 300 hybrid of some sort?

Poll time?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I it looks like as of now there are no plans for a hybrid 300. Oh well.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I guess people like the 300c for the power, or like me, just the sound of the Hemi does it for me.

I buy cars for the engine.... A nice place to sit is just a bonus to me.:)

I do concede that some day we will have to move to some type of fuel cell, electric, or maybe dilithium crystles (I need more power Scotty) powered vehicle. But not until "after" I get my Hemi 300c. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
the hemi's are equiped with the multi displacement system....this the closest dcx is coming to a hybrid system in these cars. the new diesel will have a hybrid system but not for driving, rather the engine runs a generator you can plug into. perfect for construction, contractors camping whatever. dcx says teh truck can power an entire house and all the interior electronics. as far as the 300's and magnum's go there is no hybrid technology in teh forseeable future.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have to say that I'm looking forward to the hydrogen powered cars that BMW has been working on. The hydrogen actually allows the car to perform comparably to the average 750i. Here's a quote from BMW World .

"The 750hL has a hybrid 12-cylinder combustion engine capable of running on either gasoline or hydrogen. The 5.4-liter engine has two independent, electronically controlled fuel induction systems. The hydrogen engine offers excellent torque and acceleration, while the specially insulated 140-liter tank for the liquid hydrogen provides a range of 400 kilometers."

I just hope that Chrysler will do the same thing. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not bad. Honda has a disel powered engine that gets 90mpg. :eek: and with torque

1 - 7 of 7 Posts