Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had purchased some TIS-03 in 22", I waited nearly 7 weeks, The shop mounted them and they rubbed pretty bad...long story short, ended up getting my money refunded because there seemed to be a problem with the rim off-sets..
Even though this was not a happy event for me I did have the wheels on the car for about 5 days they only rubbed when turning...The one thing that kinda bothered me was the fact that being I have a Bright Silver C, it seemed like TOO MUCH CHROME...just too much for the silver car, looks great on darker colored C's...so now I have re-thought about going with CHROME wheels.

I even may have changed to going with 20" because of the TOO MUCH CHROME LOOK....for the Silver car. I would consider 22" again but in something like a polished wheel, or a hyperblack, or a hypersilver...just not to many choices right now...don't like the look of BLACK PAINTED WHEELS.
I want to keep a Chrome lip but maybe black Chrome centers...bla bla bal...

ANy Ideas??? or better PICS, especially on a Silver C.

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problems with your TIS 03 rims. I've had TIS 03 22's on my ride for over a month and i havent had any rubbing issues and i also have it lowered. It's odd that it would be a offset problem because the TIS wheel is actually made for the 300C with a offset of 18mm. I don't think a black centered rim will look good on a sliver car but it would be interesting to see if a sliver painted center would look good.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello 300con23s,

Yeah the TIS-03 is a nce wheel but the ones I got were milled wrong...the company sent out a set of TIS-01 and we tried those and NO RUBBING...but thats not the wheel I wanted. The shop where I purchase thinks they milled this intire batch WRONG of the TIS-03....offset wrong..

So, now I am back at looking at all the choices around...and am considering a wheel in polished center-chrome lip, or hyperblack center-chrome lip, or hypersilver-chrome lip...(NOT BLACK PAINTED WHEELS) was hoping others my have placed these type of there SILVER 300C and could post some pics.....

P.S.
I'm glad your set is not causing you any problems....and your right, I don't think the black painted centers would look good on Silver....but maybe Hyperblack with chrome lips....????

·
Registered
186 Posts
Black wheels

I have a silver 300C with black wheels on it. It is the lowenhart LD1 replicas with the crome lip. People really like it, my windows are black so it macthes pretty well. That silver and black is the best looking 300C at night, but still looks great in the sunlight. I am now going to go with some black drag's they look like the Lowenhart LDR's. I would go with the black wheels, but don't get them if you stay in chicago because thats were i'm at, and mine stands out a little. It looks different but very unique. I will post a pic when i get a better camera.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lexball50...
Thanks for the post and PLEASE do post some pics...
I am seriously considering hyperblack chrome with chrome lips for my C..

Just need more pics form any others with the Silver C and black or polished or hypersilver/hyperblack wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts