Discussion Starter #1
I am a new proud owner of a 2008 300 HEMI C
ONLY 31,000 And cleaner than showroom , can I please pick your brains

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome. Car looks amazing
Thank you and yes it is amazing, it was bought by an 84-year-old man well he was 84 when he passed about a month ago His wife said he only drove it to his doctors, church and to the pharmacy. He is the only one that ever sat in the car and it’s never seen the rain. There’s just a very few minor things that I would like to do to it and I was hoping that I could pick someone’s brain. For example the Uconnect says not available, Reading a prior post from a couple years ago they were giving instructions on how to activate it and then I would have to get a mic it I was hoping somebody might be able to walk me through it. And also I wanted to find out what kind of computer chip would be recommended. And 89 I had a 5 L Mustang I got a hyper to computer chip for and it was amazing I was wondering if it was offered for this

·
Registered
590 Posts
And also I wanted to find out what kind of computer chip would be recommended. And 89 I had a 5 L Mustang I got a hyper to computer chip for and it was amazing I was wondering if it was offered for this
Again with the "computer chips"?

If you really want a "chip", just pick one. They are all equally ineffective.

·
Administrator
19,719 Posts
Today's tuning tech revolves around programmers and custom tunes. I used DiabloSport programmers on 3 HEMI powered vehicles, including my '06 SRT8, and got custom tunes done by HemiFever and Diablotoona.

·
Registered
13 Posts

On Friday it will be 5 years since I bought my baby, an 06 Limited also a 1 owner car. In the last 5 years and 22K miles the only repair I have had to make is replacing the alternator in August, I hope yours is as trouble free. In the last 3 weeks I bought an 07 AWD for my wife

and an 05 C that dropped a piston for $600

It is my first Hemi car and I am looking forward to having a 300 to actually wrench on and make my own. I hope your car gives you years of enjoyment.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Thank you and yes it is amazing, it was bought by an 84-year-old man well he was 84 when he passed about a month ago His wife said he only drove it to his doctors, church and to the pharmacy. He is the only one that ever sat in the car and it’s never seen the rain. There’s just a very few minor things that I would like to do to it and I was hoping that I could pick someone’s brain. For example the Uconnect says not available, Reading a prior post from a couple years ago they were giving instructions on how to activate it and then I would have to get a mic it I was hoping somebody might be able to walk me through it. And also I wanted to find out what kind of computer chip would be recommended. And 89 I had a 5 L Mustang I got a hyper to computer chip for and it was amazing I was wondering if it was offered for this
If you don't have the "MIC" button on the mirror, you'll probably have to do some research, along with getting the correct mirror with the Uconnect buttons. I suspect all the wiring is there in the overhead panel. You'll just have to find it and hook everything up. You may also have to activate it in the electronic module that controls it. So far I've found out how to put automatic headlights on my Magnum that didn't offer it. I also installed a glove box light which was also not available on it, and the remote rear hatch release button, which also was not an option. For that I had to get different, stronger struts so it would completely release and lift the hatch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Today's tuning tech revolves around programmers and custom tunes. I used DiabloSport programmers on 3 HEMI powered vehicles, including my '06 SRT8, and got custom tunes done by HemiFever and Diablotoona.
Thank you for your input and sharing your experience, it’s a long story why my 2008 300 HEMI C is my bucket list car not necessarily the color but that car specific and how fortunate I was to get a car as clean as it is you can literally eat off of the motor and engine compartment, the interior was only sat in by the driver an 84-year-old gentleman who’s has now passed away and his wife did not want to car in the garage because of sentimental reasons which is how I end up acquiring it but not without her giving me a picture of her husband for me to keep in the glove the glove compartment and with all this said is how I was able to check off one more thing from my bucket. I do not want to go internal in the engine that is but there are a few things I would like to do seeing that you have a knowledge with programmers is there anyway I might be able to contact you to get specific advice on what to do. Again thank you for your input in your experience I would love to pick your brain so I do it the right way

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you don't have the "MIC" button on the mirror, you'll probably have to do some research, along with getting the correct mirror with the Uconnect buttons. I suspect all the wiring is there in the overhead panel. You'll just have to find it and hook everything up. You may also have to activate it in the electronic module that controls it. So far I've found out how to put automatic headlights on my Magnum that didn't offer it. I also installed a glove box light which was also not available on it, and the remote rear hatch release button, which also was not an option. For that I had to get different, stronger struts so it would completely release and lift the hatch.
thank you for Sharing your experience and willingness to help me find an answer I truly appreciate it.I’m trying to include a picture of the rearview mirror to show you the buttons that I have on there if you can tell me that is what you’re talking about or what they need I would greatly appreciate it but fI figure out how to exclude picture of the mirror

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How embarrassing I just read my response and there’s so many typos in it and I didn’t proofread it please forgive me I hope you’re understanding what I’m trying to say I’m trying to include a picture of the mirror so you can tell me if the button is on the mirror is the button that you’re talking about thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And this is the girl my girl the conversation is about that this post is about thank you everybody for your input and sharing pictures of your cars as well

·
Registered
186 Posts
Again with the "computer chips"?

If you really want a "chip", just pick one. They are all equally ineffective.
I have a Hypertech chip in my 93 Vette and it makes a ginormous difference in that car. The car runs better with lowered engine temp, quicker shifting and definitely some increased HP. I have had this in and out of that car many times and it does make a difference... In that car.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have a Hypertech chip in my 93 Vette and it makes a ginormous difference in that car. The car runs better with lowered engine temp, quicker shifting and definitely some increased HP. I have had this in and out of that car many times and it does make a difference... In that car.
Apples and oranges. Hypertech Power Chips exist because there is no way to tune a 1993 Corvette (or most other 1981-1993 GM applications) with a hand-held programmer. So the programming changes are burned into a chip instead. These can be bought off-the-shelf, or customized by a speed shop. But they're extremely limited, in that there is no user customization available. Since there is no reason to use this method for modern Hemi-powered cars, legitimate tuning companies like Diablo Sport (and Hypertech, if you consider them legitimate, and if they're still in business) don't sell them for the OP's car.

That doesn't stop dishonest vendors from selling them, but they aren't going to improve anything on a modern Hemi. You may as well flush your money down the toilet. For what it's worth, I did try to explain this to the OP on a different thread about a week ago:

Forget "computer chips", though. They're a scam. If you're determined to modify your 300's powertrain programming, you'll need a hand-held tuner. Something like a Diablo Sport InTune i3 should give you some improvement in driveability and let you modify some other settings, like shift firmness and rev limiter. But a tuner alone isn't going to get you a substantial boost in power or economy, much less both at the same time...Chrysler didn't leave a lot of horsepower (and not one drop of fuel efficiency) on the table.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am a new proud owner of a 2008 300 HEMI C
ONLY 31,000 And cleaner than showroom , can I please pick your brains View attachment 175507
CONGRATS. I owned the 05 and then the 08. Will be purchasing the 2020 S or 2021 S The 08 came with a drive train life time warranty but I do not think it transferred to next owners. I have 147K on my car and the only thing that has happened which dealers could not fix is I lost the ACC function and there are no parts available to fix. Chrysler corp does not support so I hope that does not happen to you assuming you have the ACC option for the car. Recently my phone does not connect to the radio and I was told after the diagnostics that I will need a new radio and Chrysler does not support this radio any longer.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have 147K on my car and the only thing that has happened which dealers could not fix is I lost the ACC function and there are no parts available to fix. Chrysler corp does not support so I hope that does not happen to you assuming you have the ACC option for the car. Recently my phone does not connect to the radio and I was told after the diagnostics that I will need a new radio and Chrysler does not support this radio any longer.
You have to wonder, what is the point of a lifetime warranty if they can just declare that they don't support the part or system any longer?

These kinds of consumer experiences don't jive with the brochure, that's for sure.

"LIFETIME MEANS LIFETIME"
"Chrysler is the first and only automaker that offers a Lifetime warranty with unlimited mileage. That means that your vehicle will be covered for as long as you own it."

·
Administrator
19,719 Posts
Thank you for your input and sharing your experience, <edit> is there anyway I might be able to contact you to get specific advice on what to do. Again thank you for your input in your experience I would love to pick your brain so I do it the right way
Yes, there is. Just send me a PM (aka "Conversation") here on the forum. I've sent you one so you can respond to that PM if you wish.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice 300C! Love the color! I just got a 2007 300C from my brother. He hooked it up pretty good. Has a Diablosport 93 Octane performance tune, Legmaker carbon fiber cold air intake, Flowmaster mufflers and Magnaflow exhaust tips, Rear spoiler 3M carbon fiber interior overlay, Rockford Fosgate amp with 12" MB Quart subwoofer, Dynamat, trunk LED and HID lighting, and he put in window tint for me.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Nice 300C! Love the color! I just got a 2007 300C from my brother. He hooked it up pretty good. Has a Diablosport 93 Octane performance tune, Legmaker carbon fiber cold air intake, Flowmaster mufflers and Magnaflow exhaust tips, Rear spoiler 3M carbon fiber interior overlay, Rockford Fosgate amp with 12" MB Quart subwoofer, Dynamat, trunk LED and HID lighting, and he put in window tint for me. View attachment 175571 View attachment 175572 View attachment 175573 View attachment 175574 View attachment 175575 View attachment 175576
Let's hear it...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts