Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I had owned a 2006 300C SRT8 and was a regular on these forums back in 2012-2013. In 2013 I was forced to sell my car for the convenience of being comfortable as me and my wife were buying a bigger home. Long story short, it was a sad day when I sold her and it hurt, as I had put a lot of effort and money and pride into her.
throughout the past 7 years I always talked about her, showed her off with pictures I kept in my phone to other car enthusiasts like myself when in discussions. I researched one day about 5 years ago and learned that the guy that I sold her to had ended up selling her to someone else in Jacksonville, FL. During these last 5 years, I’d randomly check places like craigslist, Facebook marketplace and other avenues to see if one day I’d see her for sale, by chance. What would be the chances right, and how would I know it was her? Well, a few things. I had 22” Viper reps lowered on coil overs and it just “sat” a specific way and with a tilt as the front I had lowered than the rear. I had a Corsa exhaust and a TRUE cold air intake. Lastly, I had a specific Kenwood face deck, speakers and a custom amp setup by the battery In The trunk. Basically, I’d know if it was my old car or not...
So fast forward to last week. I’m on Facebook marketplace looking at Hellcats, Vette’s and Supra’s, not even entertaining the idea of looking for my old car as I have done that in over a year. So as I’m scrolling through these cars I see a 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT8 pop up out of nowhere. Well
I’ll be damned if it didn’t look and sit just as my car did. When I sold my car 7 years ago, she had 46k miles on her. This car on marketplace had 74k miles. No way this could be her, right? So I hit the guy up (who lives in Jacksonville btw) and pick his brain, showing him pics of how much his car looks like my old one. I tell him, “If you tell me your car has custom amp setup in the trunk by the battery It will trip me out”, and I’ll be damned if he didn’t send me a pic back of the amp setup! This was it! I effing found her! Or, she found me rather!! In short, He wanted $19k, I offered $15k and we settled at $17k.
Some nice work has been done to her within the past 7 years which includes long tube headers and it’s now ProCharged! It’s also been repainted Matte Silver. Let’s just say Ive fallen in love all over again! This, was my Cinderella story!

This was her when I owned her

This is her now

·
Registered
689 Posts
Neat story, neat ride........and how lucky you get to enjoy her again. I'll probably be selling my 06 300C SRT8 early next year for similar reasons. We have to sell one of our rentals first though. Once that's done and the SRT is gone, we're good to go. ENJOY!

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I had owned a 2006 300C SRT8 and was a regular on these forums back in 2012-2013. In 2013 I was forced to sell my car for the convenience of being comfortable as me and my wife were buying a bigger home. Long story short, it was a sad day when I sold her and it hurt, as I had put a lot of effort and money and pride into her.
throughout the past 7 years I always talked about her, showed her off with pictures I kept in my phone to other car enthusiasts like myself when in discussions. I researched one day about 5 years ago and learned that the guy that I sold her to had ended up selling her to someone else in Jacksonville, FL. During these last 5 years, I’d randomly check places like craigslist, Facebook marketplace and other avenues to see if one day I’d see her for sale, by chance. What would be the chances right, and how would I know it was her? Well, a few things. I had 22” Viper reps lowered on coil overs and it just “sat” a specific way and with a tilt as the front I had lowered than the rear. I had a Corsa exhaust and a TRUE cold air intake. Lastly, I had a specific Kenwood face deck, speakers and a custom amp setup by the battery In The trunk. Basically, I’d know if it was my old car or not...
So fast forward to last week. I’m on Facebook marketplace looking at Hellcats, Vette’s and Supra’s, not even entertaining the idea of looking for my old car as I have done that in over a year. So as I’m scrolling through these cars I see a 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT8 pop up out of nowhere. Well
I’ll be damned if it didn’t look and sit just as my car did. When I sold my car 7 years ago, she had 46k miles on her. This car on marketplace had 74k miles. No way this could be her, right? So I hit the guy up (who lives in Jacksonville btw) and pick his brain, showing him pics of how much his car looks like my old one. I tell him, “If you tell me your car has custom amp setup in the trunk by the battery It will trip me out”, and I’ll be damned if he didn’t send me a pic back of the amp setup! This was it! I effing found her! Or, she found me rather!! In short, He wanted $19k, I offered $15k and we settled at $17k.
Some nice work has been done to her within the past 7 years which includes long tube headers and it’s now ProCharged! It’s also been repainted Matte Silver. Let’s just say Ive fallen in love all over again! This, was my Cinderella story!

This was her when I owned her View attachment 175239

This is her now View attachment 175240
View attachment 175242 View attachment 175243
She looks basically new! It is good to hear that she was loved the same way you loved her! This is very rare and congratulations!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Welcome back!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Philly23

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate it you guys. I can’t tell you how stoked I am to have her back. Truly a rare situation to be in. I’ve always had this “connection” with this car! Good to be back

·
Registered
21 Posts

This was her when I owned her View attachment 175239

This is her now View attachment 175240
View attachment 175242 View attachment 175243
Eh, great story!!
Car looks amazing!! (y):cool:

·
Administrator
19,620 Posts
I miss my SRT8. Sold it last October and, yeah, it hurt. But we were downsizing and had too many vehicles to fit into our new residence.

Ever since I've looked, off and on, for another one.

Cool story and congrats on the reunion.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I miss my SRT8. Sold it last October and, yeah, it hurt. But we were downsizing and had too many vehicles to fit into our new residence.

Ever since I've looked, off and on, for another one.

Cool story and congrats on the reunion.
Thanks bud. I remember you from these forums back in 2012. Actually I went back through many of my old posts and seen us engage in conversation plenty of times. I’m stoked to have my baby back

1 - 10 of 10 Posts