Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have LOVED the Chrysler 300 ever since it came out. And I have longed for a car with POWER.

Well, I could not afford a new 300C (well, I could, but with kids going to college this year, and 401K to retire, etc., it was a stretch)., as I always buy new cars. Well, when I bought my kid a used car last year, my eyes were really opened to the fact that you can get real deals buying used cars.

I started seaching, and I found a 2005 300C AWD coming off lease with only 17,000 miles. Cool Vanilla with chrome accents, moonroof, GPS radio, dual electric seats, dual heated seats, seat/steering wheel dual memories, leather, etc, etc, etc. And the price was $26,000 to start, and I got them to drop down to $22,500. Well, I also got them to give me $6,500 for my 2002 Chrysler T&C minivan (oh please, don't make fun of me, it SUCKED to drive this POS), which put me at $16,000 to upgrade to this Hemi beast.

OMG.... I never drove a Hemi before. OMG.... this thing is FAST AS HELL !!! The torque when you hit 3000 RPM is AMAZING. I have a 2005 Mustang V6 convertible that I put a roots type (XCharger) supercharger on, and it does about 270 RWHP and 270 RWT, well, the HEMI feels like it would blow it away.

What are some of the best sites to find mods for the 300C ? I am sure I could google, but I figured folks here could send me to the best sites with good customer support. My ride is totally stock right now. I think I might mostly be looking for appearance mods, since the car is already such a beast.

Damn I love the 300C, and now I have one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
375 Posts
I was going to say "down boy" and just leave the thread but I know you're real excited. Congrats on the car. I'm sure you'll love it.

As far as finding ideas for mods, I think you're in the right place........well the right forum but the wrong section. Head over to the "Exterior Mods" and I would just click on thread titles that interest you. Most of the members have all of the mods they have done in their signature so that will give you an idea. With the exception of projector halo fog lights, I don't know if there is one mod I've done where I didn't get the idea from this site.

Good luck with the mods and congrats again.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Much better to get the used car of your dreams than a brand new car that just does not fulfill your needs. I got my 300C used a couple of years ago and never regretted it for a second. Welcome to the forum, there is an amazing amount of knowledge and enthusiasm on the site. My first suggestion is to check out the 22elite console covers.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum from Scotland. You are most certainly in the right place to meet friendly folk who have loads of ideas and information on your car - enjoy.
Cheers John

·
Registered
771 Posts
LX200 congratulations on your 300C and if you think it's fast you should test drive a 300C SRT8!:biggrin: Welcome!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never drove a HEMI for years, because I knew if I did.... BAM, I would have to have one. For this very reason, I will avoid riding in an SRT !!!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Congrats on the purchase LX200!! Smiling from ear to ear is a side effect from having a HEMI!! Check the Exterior Mods, Interior Mods, and Performance Mods sections of the forum for some ideas on what to do. One of the first mods I did was the Mopar Cold Air Intake.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Then you DON'T want to drive an SRT8! LOL

WELCOME to 3CF from our West Virginia LXs in the Mid-Ohio River Valley!

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Welcome to the forums, LX200! Nice, exciting introduction, too.

Before giving you some options of where to purchase mods, it's important to first know which mods currently interest you the most.

Hope to see more posts from you!
bruno

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I never drove a HEMI for years, because I knew if I did.... BAM, I would have to have one. For this very reason, I will avoid riding in an SRT !!!
Welcome and good choice on not getting into an srt8. When you have enough post lets see some pics.

Bruno is right....tell us what mods you want and we can all make suggestion. Do you want perf mods or exterior/interior visual mods?

By the way...the excitement you have now for your 300c I still get everytime I start my baby up and she just had her one year anniversary...You are going to love the car.

·
Registered
916 Posts
The way you feel about your car right now is the way I still feel about mine one year later, the feeling just never seems to die. Congratulations and welcome to 3CF.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everybody. I still can't believe the midrange torque the Hemi puts out. It seems to have a second kick once you get to 3000 RPM.

Any good sites that go into real technical descriptions of the hemi engine, and explain how it makes so much torque relative to HP ??

·
Registered
408 Posts
You can try Allpar.com for information on Chrylsler engines along with information on a lot of Mopar's. Hemi's are addictive as you have noticed.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Thanks everybody. I still can't believe the midrange torque the Hemi puts out. It seems to have a second kick once you get to 3000 RPM.

Any good sites that go into real technical descriptions of the hemi engine, and explain how it makes so much torque relative to HP ??
Main reason, large displacement (5.7 & 6.1 L). Secondary reason, tuned intake and breaths good for a 2 valve setup. Most competing engines are smaller and don't have the massive torque at low revs. You need to wind the snot out of them to get the performance. The exception to the rule is a forced induction (turbo or supercharged) smaller motor which can be designed to deliver torque at low revs in a smaller motor.

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Welcome to the board!! :)

I have to agree, the Hemi is one AWESOME engine!

Let me know if you have any questions, I'm here to help.

-Aaron

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Man. wish I wasn't late to the party!

Welcome to the forum! I like to see folks with excitement about what they are doing....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts