Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want i want i want!!

i fell in love with this car the first commercial i saw and after being in Philly this past week where i saw 4 i have died and gone to heaven...whish i could afford one though!

im new and wanted to say hey hey to everyone and have a few questions:

1. How does the navigation system work? voice command? detailed?

2. are the HID lamps xenon lights? like the cool blue ones? they appear to be by looking at the car.

3. how long till you think (estimate) untill the dealer will have more than 2 on their lots with a selection, which then equals rebates.

4. how does the Boston acoustic system sound? worth the extra $$?

thanks again guys and looooove that i finally found a board with discussion about this--i have been looking for awhile. wanted a new F150, but now with this car out my feelings have changed

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
E55 KEV said:
Mattin, welcome. You saw 4 (300C's) in Philly! Then you will think you have died and gone to heaven at this upcoming Philly event next weekend:

http://www.chrysler.com/artofdriving/

High Intensity Discharge (HID) Xenon is an option 'only' on the 300C Hemi for $650.
well, i was there on buisness--i am back in Nashville now. i went to the dealers this weekend to test drive and all 4 dealers had a total of 6

i testdrove a 300c midnight blue and it was f*ckin sweet!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Gotta second that bit about the sound system.

The sub is the best I have seen which is not after market and not an obscenely priced option. Plus less the hassle of doing to afterwards.

There is another post here about the nav system, and it covers the details well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
I've been lurking on this board for some time now and have to say you guys are great! I have 2 Cadillacs, an Isuzu and a Jeep. Love em all, but can't get over the 300C. I've read everything I can get my hands on. What a great car!! I go to the Chrysler dealership every Sunday and look at them. Was there this morning getting my oil changed and noticed they had 4 new 300's. Two of them were base models (vanilla and lave red), one was a Touring model(black), and the one I want is the 300C, Silver with all options including a moonroof. I think the build date is 5-20? There was a number to the right of the VON# on the window sticker that said 0520. Anyway, I got to talking to the salesman. Real nice guy...He said they had ordered alot of 300M's a few months ago and the 300C's are allotted according to how many M's you sell. I expect them to get many more 300C's. I haven't driven one yet because I don't need another car (but I have CAR FEVER in a bad way), and I will NOT pay window, or in this case, 2500.00 above sticker price. He said they would probably stop using the AMV stickers in a few months. I hope everyone enjoys their 300C. What a HOT car! Oh, they also had a convertable Crossfire on the showroom floor along with a Magnum. They all came in June 1 along with the 4 300's.
Jeff

·
Registered
629 Posts
You know, at first I thought I should never get a car so early in it's life...Especially when it is so sought after. But hearing about what all these folks are going through, paying sticker and above, I'm glad I got my deal when I did! Keep dreamin' guys, the car is worth having!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Matt,

Find a freind or long lost relative that works for Chrysler... get the employee discount and pay roughly 5% UNDER invoice! You even get a great price on the extended warranty!

Its a SWEET DEAL........

·
Registered
77 Posts
Matt,

I have had my 300C for a week now, and it is simply the best car that ordinary mortals can enjoy. Certainly, if I was a movie star, I would also have a Ferrari, an old Charger, an Aston Martin and a few other toys. But since I am not wealthy, I can at least PRETEND I am.

This car is just so much more fun to drive than I could ever imagine a luxury car being. And the 340 hp is CRAZY. I never thought I could have enough power, but this scares me. Whether you get the V6 or V8, though, I'm certain that you will be so happy you bought a 300.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
crispiegee said:
Matt,

I have had my 300C for a week now, and it is simply the best car that ordinary mortals can enjoy. Certainly, if I was a movie star, I would also have a Ferrari, an old Charger, an Aston Martin and a few other toys. But since I am not wealthy, I can at least PRETEND I am.

This car is just so much more fun to drive than I could ever imagine a luxury car being. And the 340 hp is CRAZY. I never thought I could have enough power, but this scares me. Whether you get the V6 or V8, though, I'm certain that you will be so happy you bought a 300.
man, i cant wait till i get one someday
who knows when that will be--but oh it will happen

i wish i had a relative that was Chrysler emplyee
i have a GM and Ford, but no Chrysler....doh! :mad:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Jeff, lay it down for the dealer with the markup the last week of a month...they have numbers to make and the scales tip more in your favor. Walk in on the 23rd and make an offer YOU think is fair, tell him/her they have until the end of the month to work the deal, give the dealer a phone number to call if they decide they want to work with you, and walk out before he tries to buy you a soda.
PS: Until the interest in this incredible car subside, you may be putting gas into your principles and NOT the car. Not that your interested, but a WOT at 60mph going up a grade will get you above 80mph in a matter of seconds...this thing ROARS!

·
Registered
22 Posts
over on the lincoln ls owners club forum if you want to buy a flm product the ford lincoln mercury employees will give you a pin to buy at employee price
i asked about family and friends on here and someone who i wont mention thought it was funny i would have thought club members would help club members but i guess thats the difference between lincoln and chrysler
i am very happy with my loaded lse v8 will trade when a good deal comes along and it will.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Sound system option is great, nav looks good (actually all I have done is watch where it says I am driving), car is fast as hell. I concur with above never would think of buying a early on car but glad I have my hemi. Only got 1500 off the sticker though.

Bob

·
Registered
101 Posts
I ordered my midnight blue 300C to suit my specifications. I contacted the dealer via the Chrysler web site. That put me in touch with their fleet sales manager. I paid sticker and it was a totally painless experience. No hassle, no BS. I would recommend buy any car this way to everyone. My car was ready in only 4 weeks.

I never even liked Chrysler but this was love at first sight. A 100% emotional purchase. Get lots of thumbs up. Best car I've ever owned. I do need more power though... it's my addictive personality.

I have to only partially agree about the sound system. Yes it's very very good. However, when you step out of the car or when certain "bass-ey" music is played there is some rattle. Not too happy about that.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hemi425,

I wouldn't make the assumption that people in this club are any less generous than anywhere else. It could be, perhaps, that nobody that you've come across in here is a direct employee of Chrysler. That is to say, they may have gotten an employee discount through their brother/sister/cousin/etc., but are unable to say, "Hey sis, can I also get an employee discount to this guy I met on the net?"

Just a thought, anyway. I've found the people in this room to be very nice. :)

Chris

·
Registered
477 Posts
sticker,

MattinNashville said:
im with you Jeff!

i will not pay sticker and sure as hell not pay dealer mark-up!

so i will sadly have to wait
i thoroughly agree, it does irritate me, this first car i have ever bought at sticker. however, i'm 68 years old and health not too good. so, i figured what the hell, i can't wait too long. so................

·
Registered
294 Posts
Invoice

I did not pay a dime over invoice. I got all options, except the Smokers group.

Sales people are a game and fun for me to deal with. I buy new car every few years and have yet to pay anymore than $100 over invoice. Invoice price they are still making money off of incenstives and such.

Also, right now they have 1K cashback if you use Chrysler Financial. Not a good deal in my opinion. The interest rate is very high, I gasped when they told me it, and then they replied by, well we have to make up for that 1K they are giving you! LOL. I beleive it was over 6.8 with very high credit score. I went to a local credit union and can get in at 4.59. for 60. I

If the rebate was more than 1K it can be worth it, but in this circumstance it definately is not.

-Nathan

Waiting paitenly...ordered on on 8-21-04 (on Sat.)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nolmscheid said:
I did not pay a dime over invoice. I got all options, except the Smokers group.

Sales people are a game and fun for me to deal with. I buy new car every few years and have yet to pay anymore than $100 over invoice. Invoice price they are still making money off of incenstives and such.

Also, right now they have 1K cashback if you use Chrysler Financial. Not a good deal in my opinion. The interest rate is very high, I gasped when they told me it, and then they replied by, well we have to make up for that 1K they are giving you! LOL. I beleive it was over 6.8 with very high credit score. I went to a local credit union and can get in at 4.59. for 60. I

If the rebate was more than 1K it can be worth it, but in this circumstance it definately is not.

-Nathan

Waiting paitenly...ordered on on 8-21-04 (on Sat.)
I got 4.99% on the Chrysler financing. You just have to push them. As you say, they're still making money - even at 4.99%

1 - 20 of 34 Posts