Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Had a funny experience yesterday that I thought you my find amusing

Since getting the car (just over 2 weeks)< I am amazed at the amount of looks you get, but on exiting the car wash, I was running the chamois leather over the car, and a lad in his early twenties came over and said " you must *&^%$%^ loaded to own a car like that" he then said " I thought you would have had a butler to clean it"

I found this hilarious, I didn't even know what to answer with.

For all he knew, I could have been the butler !!

After the snow and rain today, she now needs to be cleaned again (like I need an exuse)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I wouldn't let anyone clean my car, not that I can afford a butler. It was a bit dusty last week, so I washed and polished my car at the weekend. (again..)

·
Registered
184 Posts
so... what exactly is the car cleaning regime? I can remember seeing someone use damp newspaper on their Jaguar (crikey the swirls in the paintwork was like looking at an artexed ceiling).

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I believe it is some kind of diseas which comes with the 300C. Owners get this urge of washing and polishing their cars. Some owners may be immuned from it, I better see a psychiatrist as I can't keep on washing my car when it is Stage 3 water restriction here.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I believe it is some kind of diseas which comes with the 300C. Owners get this urge of washing and polishing their cars. Some owners may be immuned from it, I better see a psychiatrist as I can't keep on washing my car when it is Stage 3 water restriction here.

g'wan, you know you wanna.... can you feel the desire to get the pressure hose out? :)

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
For me it's the following:-

Hose down the car with water
Wash the car with a wash mitt (Meguiars Lambs Wool) and Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash using the two bucket method (one with wash solution, the other clear water for rinsing the mitt in)
Rinse car
Dry car (various methods)
Wax (I use Meguiars Gold Class Liquid Wax)
Wash and dry alloys
Wax alloys (I use Mer alloy polish)
Apply Tyre shine
Apply top wax coat (I use Turtle Wax Platinum Extra Gloss Guard)

Stef

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi Stefan,

I've seen some utoob stuff on the twin bucket system. Will certainly consider it. Can anyone recommend a good car mitt? Or do I now have to get the tempur sample out again? :) Also with the car shampoo etc, anyone recommend where to purchase from? (crikey I'm lazy)

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Hi Stefan,

I've seen some utoob stuff on the twin bucket system. Will certainly consider it. Can anyone recommend a good car mitt? Or do I now have to get the tempur sample out again? :) Also with the car shampoo etc, anyone recommend where to purchase from? (crikey I'm lazy)
As mentioned above, I'd go for the Meguiars wash mitt, you can get it from Halfrauds, along with all the stuff I've mentioned.

Stef

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hey Stefan, see when you are finished with your Meguiars Lambswool Wash Mitt - can I have it to make another knee pad :joke: of course!!

Cheers John

·
Registered
347 Posts
re washing the car, I got the lambswool mitt and all that stuff, but I think the most important item is the grit guard which traps all the stuff that can scratch the car at the bottom of the bucket.

I washed a car once with a grit guard and i will never wash another again without it, it is awseome IMO

regards

Elpirata

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
wash n go once a month if necessary,I'd rather drive it than wash it.
No fancy stuff,1 bucket,1 sponge,a hose down and sometimes if I can be bothered a chamois leather,oh and some traffic film remover for getting rid of the burnt rubber off my rear bumper 3/4 panel.Oh the power of the hemi and the predator,its just gotta be done.As Jim Carrie,Carey,(whatever) as the Mask said "SMOKIN.."lmfao

·
Registered
144 Posts
For me it's the following:-

Hose down the car with water
Wash the car with a wash mitt (Meguiars Lambs Wool) and Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash using the two bucket method (one with wash solution, the other clear water for rinsing the mitt in)
Rinse car
Dry car (various methods)
Wax (I use Meguiars Gold Class Liquid Wax)
Wash and dry alloys
Wax alloys (I use Mer alloy polish)
Apply Tyre shine
Apply top wax coat (I use Turtle Wax Platinum Extra Gloss Guard) Stef
Hi Stef,

I used to do hand washing, and with black cars it is not as simple as hose, wash, and leather! It always has to be polished or it smears.

But to my question, how long does it take you from start to finish with the above regime?

Steve.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts