Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I went out this morning to put some rubbish out and noticed on the drive a fairly large rainbow pattern on the drive (It had been raining). I did not have the car in its normal position, to allow the dustmen (Hygeine Operatives I think they like to be called) access, and also to prevent them scratching the car with their wheelie bins. So I noticed it, which if it had not been raining or the car was in its normal position, I may not have done.

So I looked underneath where the car was now parked, If you are in front of the car there was a small pool of liquid about 5" across, about 2 1/2 feet back from the front of the car and about it was in line with the centre of the drivers side wheel about 1 foot in from the inner edge/wall of the tyre. It was underneath an elbow joint (I'm not a mechanic:pat: ) which came down almost vertically from the suspension then turns a right angle towards the centre of the car (photo enclosed).

Now the thing is I have never noticed any liquid on the drive, and we have had quite a few dry days when it should have been noticeable. I first thought it looks like a little pool of water you get from the air con, but I do not know if you would get this in winter, with climate control. I obviously have not turned the air con "On" with the little snowflake on the button, but I am still using the climate control.

I reversed the car back, and it looks like water, but I bottled out when it came to tasting it:scared: . It did have a slight odour like petrol, (I know its a diesel) but I don't really know what Diesel smells like, I just know that it costs alot:thumbsdow .

Does anyone have any ideas?

All replies Welcome,

Steve (SDM197)

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
The only leaks people have been reporting is from the gearbox and this liquid is red.

The climate control is always on; the 'snowflake' button is to put the system into economy mode which is indicated by the light.

I sometimes have a small puddle where the car was. As does my wife's car which has the air con on all the time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Everyone,

Just spoken to my local dealer, he says he thinks its oil coming out of the Auto Transmission , he said it can happen, and it drops down onto the undertray, then out, just about where I am describing.

Does anyone know where to check the level of this fluid, if you are able to, only the manual (operating guide) basically says you don't need to check it.

Hi Rgr Thanks for your reply, this fluid is definately not red it looks just like water, but does not smell like water.

Steve (SDM197)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Sounds as if you have the 10p rubber o'ring problem, 10p cost though thousands in recall and repair costs to resolve!

·
Registered
859 Posts
The climate control is always on; the 'snowflake' button is to put the system into economy mode which is indicated by the light.
Not quite.

This button is to manually turn on the air conditioning if your climate control
system is not set to AUTO mode. It has nothing to do with any economy
mode, as there is no such thing in these cars.

Your climate control system is either set to AUTO, where the computers will
adjust the features. Or, if you want to, you can adjust all the features manually,
which will require you set the knobs to something other than the AUTO positions,
and you will have to push the air conditioning button to the "ON" position in order
for the air conditioner to function properly.

Refer to your owners manual for all of this info. Its in there.

Jim

·
Registered
102 Posts
:arms:
Not quite.

This button is to manually turn on the air conditioning if your climate control
system is not set to AUTO mode. It has nothing to do with any economy
mode, as there is no such thing in these cars.

Your climate control system is either set to AUTO, where the computers will
adjust the features. Or, if you want to, you can adjust all the features manually,
which will require you set the knobs to something other than the AUTO positions,
and you will have to push the air conditioning button to the "ON" position in order
for the air conditioner to function properly.

Refer to your owners manual for all of this info. Its in there.

Jim

:arms: :arms:
hi guyzzzzzzzzzzz

the ac works all the time
no mater what u do in the car
i had a water leek from the car eg engine no its the ac it make water all the time
there is a leek on the tubo air pipe that is wat is doing the swl/pots in and puting the ecu lights up :arms: :arms: :arms:
eddie

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is a leek on the tubo air pipe that is wat is doing the swl/pots in and puting the ecu lights up
eddie
Hi Eddie,

Thanks for your reply, I dont understand the last part of your sentence, what are swl/pots?

Thanks Again,

Steve SDM197

·
Registered
859 Posts
the ac works all the time
no mater what u do in the car
In manual mode, the ac will not kick on the compressor unless you depress
the "snowflake" button.

Auto mode is the only time hitting the "snowflake" button will do nothing,
as its already set up for conditioning the air. As a matter of fact, hitting
the "snowflake" button in auto mode will do nothing but have the button light
up for a few seconds, with an audible "beep", and then the light will go out
again.

If you leave the climate control knobs to the manual settings, the ac is
NOT on all the time. You have to set up the climate controls for heating,
cooling, defrosting ext.

In Auto mode, the car will sense what to do, and do it for you, whether its
cooling, heating, defrosting ext. You do nothing but set the temperature you
want the cabin to be.

Read your owners manual. It explains this very clearly in there about how
this works.

Jim

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
mine doesnt have an audible beep!!,I just leave mine in auto full time and leave it to do its job,it does it brilliantly

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Well took the car in this morning to Whitehouse Crayford (I'm not sure if we can say the dealer so censor if necessary mods!) they were excellent.

They quickly found a Diesel leak, I asked why it has not leaked for the last three days, they replied "Have you been sitting in your car with your engine running" er.. well I was when I was doing the research for the auto headlights, they said when the engine is running the fuel system is pressurised, so would leak, when you just shut down the engine when you park it would not leak.

The guy said it would not have helped my mpg figures either, as it would have been leaking Diesel as I was driving:thumbsdow.

They fixed the car while I waited, and cleaned it inside & out, all under warranty, what more could I ask? I have to say this is the second Chrysler dealership that has worked on the car (Anthony Betts Watford) and both were excellent, both done the repairs while I waited, kept me topped up with coffee/tea, and both cleaned the car.

I am happy again,

SDM197

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Steve, that sounds like excellent service - though many with the black paint finish wouldn't thank them for the free wash!! Now your diesel consumption will drop a bit. By the way, I tried again today with the auto headlights on and the wipers switched on to slow speed to see if the lights would come on - they didn't!! Each to their own I suppose.
Cheers John

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
By the way, I tried again today with the auto headlights on and the wipers switched on to slow speed to see if the lights would come on - they didn't!! Each to their own I suppose.
Cheers John
Hi John,

My lights only come on with the wipers set to "Rain Sensing" and when rain sensing is selected on the EVIC, you spray the screen then the wipers will obviously come on, you keep spraying and after about 10 secs the lights come on. The only way to switch them off after this has happened is to manually turn the light switch back to the "Off" setting, or turn the engine off. If you have the 0-60 timer version of the EVIC I would have thought yours should work the same way, however it may be different, these cars do tend to differ my car was built August 2006. Good Luck!

Cheers

Steve.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Steve,
I gave my build date on another post a few days ago - it was early 2007 I know but no way am I going out in that wind and rain to re-check it. As I have said all along - I think it all depends on who got to connect up the wires.
Cheers John

·
Registered
360 Posts
John, think of it more like the heady days of BL when the last (allegedly) of the Mk 1 Stags were rolling down the production line and Mk 2 bits were being fitted due to lack of correct Mk 1 parts.... and early Mk 2's with the last of the Mk 1 bits added for good measure..... hahaha.
Mine is what I refer to as a Mk 1.5, a bitza, bitza this and bitza that, lol.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Brian,
All BL and BMC cars tended to be built that way. Years ago I was heavily into Austin Cambridges (A60) and I have seen them fitted out with Morris Oxford seats and headcloths and vice versa. Parts tended to be interchangable and tended all to come out of the same parts bin. I am sure the same thing applied right across the range. Quality control comprised of two swear words. Then there was Red Robbo - wonder what happened to him - did he retire to a Russian State owned Dacha on the Black Sea - or did MI5 (who never ever had a James Bond character who was licensed to kill) get to him first.
Cheers John

1 - 17 of 17 Posts