Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a lot on here about the dreaded Flowmaster drone and took my chances and had the cat back system installed on my 300c last week along with a K & N intake. I love it. There is a little bit of a "drone" when the MDS kicks in but honestly, if I hadn't read about it so much on here, I probably never would have noticed it. It's definitely not anything that is so noticeable that I wouldn't recommend it to people. I always have the stereo on ( and not cranked) and can't hear it at all.

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
neither can I, but it's like fingernails on a chalkboard.. it doesn't bother me, but for some it will send chills up their back..

you want to hear drone, hope on a V-Twin motorcycle at 75 with open pipes and no baffles..

like many things, exhaust sound is subjective..

but aside from not hearing it, be aware of it, exhaust drone can be hypnotizing and cause drowsiness if the resonance hits the right frequency for some people.

Walker Exhaust 101

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hypnotizing and cause drowsiness huh? Added bonus! That should help knock the three kids in the backseat out on those 4 hour trips to the in laws in the U.P.

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
Hypnotizing and cause drowsiness huh? Added bonus! That should help knock the three kids in the backseat out on those 4 hour trips to the in laws in the U.P.
lol... yep...

BTW which flowmasters do you have? I have Trush welded mufflers which are basically the same as the 44s, with Blastin Bob's 9db resonated tips.. LOAD at WOT and nice at cruising speeds..

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
I have the 40s on mine. Is there a noticeable difference between the 40 and 44's?

not sure, never heard the 40s but as I was told by Blastin Bob the 44 are slightly deeper.

I know that on mine the rumble is deep enough that when my G/F sits in the back seat with my daughter she tells me that her feet get a nice massage from the vibration (resonance) of the muffler at 75 mph (around 2000 rpm)

·
Registered
14 Posts
i put the 40 series on mine and deleted the resonators and it drones a little like was said when mds kicks in but i think it sounds wicked im waiting on catless midpipes from high horse performance cant wait to hear it then for the record i love retardedly loud stuff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts