Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All: On 1/29/08 I ordered a 300C from the factory as configured here on the attachment from the Chrysler web site. I got the VIN from the dealer a couple of weeks ago # 2c3lk63h98h252496. I traded in the only foreign car I have ever owned towards it. The trade-in was a 2005 Subaru Baja Turbo. I traded a 2003 Chevy Avalanche for the Baja. The reason I got rid of the Avalanche was because the gas milage sucked and the other 4 cars I own are muscle cars and gulp the gas too. So I wanted at least one vehicle in my garage that got decent gas mileage and was good for getting around in harsh New England winters while heading up to the ski slopes, hence the Subaru. The Subara is very dependable and the AWD is really good resulting in a respectable machine but in the end I found it too small for my tastes. So my dilemma was what can I find that is big and comfortable, will get me to the ski slopes without a problem, is prefferably American made (no yuppie mobiles please), has balls and is good on gas (relatively speaking). I was very happy to have discovered the 300C AWD....perfect! What's really a nice touch is when one orders from Chrysler/Dodge the window sticker says "Especially made for"....and your name. I found this out, much to my pleasant surprise, when I took delivery of my 2000 Dodge Viper RT/10. I can see this 300 club is very active much the same as is the Viper Club of America. This is very good and I can tell I will enjoy being a member of this club. Best regards, Mike

Attachments

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Congrats Mike!!! I bet I know how you're feeling right about now too. Putting in time here and all the while thinking where's my damn car...haha!!! In less than a month it'll be 3 years for me and I can still remember the waiting game.

Make sure to post pics as soon as you can.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Thanks Rambit. Is that your dog? Sure is a cute little guy. Mike
Yep! That's a she, er an it...haha. She's a JRT and just turned 5. We're on the "buddy system"!!!

Bernie

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Rambit: I've had dogs all my life. Lucy, my latest, just died at 17 years old. I met her at the dog pound when she was about 6 months old. Sure will miss her. Mike

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum from Scotland. You will be champing at the bit waiting on your new car arriving and it is certainly nicely spec'd. Compared to the UK your purchase price looks very good. We can't get the AWD over here but we do get the diesel version utilising the Mercedes 3 litre engine. So we get economy but with loads of power. You will find that you tend to drive about with a big grin on your face - we all do anyway. Says a lot for the car. On the other subject it is never nice to loose a loved pet be it bird, dog or anything else. Sorry to hear about your loss.
Cheers John

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
WELCOME from our West Virginia LXs in the Mid-Ohio River Valley! Good luck with your AWD 300C. I think you're going to love it!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Welcome from Indy: Great color choice IMO and the AWD will come in handy.

It will just make it a bit harder to swing that tail out when you want to:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Welcome to the forums, Mike! I'm sure you will enjoy being part of this great community and hope your 300c AWD arrives very soon if not already. Your weather should be getting close to spring time as we will need to see some photos.

Also, sorry for the loss of your long time companion. There are many dog lovers on this forum as well. I just prefer ones that don't slobber on the face, unlike Rambit's dog.

bruno

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Jeez Mike, I completely missed your post about your dog. That is so sad and the truth is I don't know what I'd do without mine. I decided a long time ago to get mine creamated and she'll eventually get buried with me. The funeral home gave me permission to do it.

Me and bruno have had many discussions on me letting my dog lick my face. I don't mind it at all. Matter of fact I think I'll let her kiss me right now...haha. Sorry bruno, but I never get sick unlike you cuz Emma's built my immune system up...haha. You should give it a try!!! Poor bruno's sick right now BTW.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Jeez Mike, I completely missed your post about your dog. That is so sad and the truth is I don't know what I'd do without mine. I decided a long time ago to get mine creamated and she'll eventually get buried with me. The funeral home gave me permission to do it.

Me and bruno have had many discussions on me letting my dog lick my face. I don't mind it at all. Matter of fact I think I'll let her kiss me right now...haha. Sorry bruno, but I never get sick unlike you cuz Emma's built my immune system up...haha. You should give it a try!!! Poor bruno's sick right now BTW.

Bernie
Mike,
You'll have to forgive Rambit for forgetting or missing things...he's doing that a lot lately. Yeah, I'm still sick but it isn't from lack of dog slobber. I think Rambit should be tested for worms, though!

bruno

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Mike,
You'll have to forgive Rambit for forgetting or missing things...he's doing that a lot lately. Yeah, I'm still sick but it isn't from lack of dog slobber. I think Rambit should be tested for worms, though!

bruno
No worms here, me or Emma!!! Just checked...haha. I send a stool sample in every year when she gets her heart worm meds and shots. Even though I'm sure she can, she never licks THERE anyway...haha.

Hey, I'd be more worried of catching something if a human licked me anyway, not that I have any humans around to lick me.

Bernie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts