Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That regular gas really ruined my car. My car was shutting off they said because of a leak i had to change the radiator and some other stuff costed me $500 and that didnt even fix the problem now they are saying its the throttle and air filter but Im reading online it could be the egr valve or fuel pump but he said it wasnt either of those. Im losing hope dont want to wiste no more money this car was my baby 300c srt8 2006

·
Administrator
19,550 Posts
Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0457 relates to a vacuum leak in the evaporative emission system used to prevent fuel vapor leaks into the atmosphere. Codes P0456 and P0455 are similar codes that refer to the degree of vacuum leaks from smallest to largest.

The EVAP Purge Valve allows the fuel vapors to enter the engine through the intake. When the engine control module (PCM) detects the evap system has flow when it should not, it will set code P0467.

When a code P0688 is stored, it means that the powertrain control module (PCM), has detected an abnormality in the relay which supplies it with voltage. ... A third circuit carries a signal from the ignition switch and a fourth supplies voltage to the PCM. The fifth wire is the power relay sense circuit.

For the first two codes you have an evap system leak. It could be a cracked rubber hose or a malfunctioning evap cannister.

For the third code you have a relay that supplies power to the PCM that is failing.

There's more info on all those codes at OBD-Codes.com

·
Registered
372 Posts
X 2 above, and NO, regular fuel did not ruin your car. Something else is definitely going on though. If your knock sensors are working correctly, they'll cause the PCM to pull timing until any spark knock goes away....up to about 12-14 degrees.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive decided to install a new fuel pump a new throttle and a new egr valve and see if the car is good from there. Also im going to replace the air filter.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Your 06 300C SRT8 DOES NOT have an EGR Valve, so that'll save you a few bucks. Why do a fuel pump and throttle body, unless they're bad???? They're easy to check with the proper diagnostics and tools. For sure you'd know it either were real bad anyway.

Also, I think I'd spend a little more time addressing the things above that MADDOG mentioned regarding the code(s) you already have. Problems with the evaporative/purge system can and will cause all kinds of poor running conditions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
adalah
Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums
Join the 300c forum community to discuss the Chrysler 300c, SRT8, horsepower specs, AWD system and so much more!
Full Forum Listing