Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello other SRT-8 owners. I am getting ready to put my 3SRT, on the rack, for multiple performance mods. I have asked several members and even in a few posts, about the OEM size of the 3SRT R sway bar. I have never gotten a definitive answer.

I have heard (SRT will come with bigger sway bars than our 300C, touring, etc. family members) that the rear sway bar that comes OEM, for the SRT is 20mm.

I went by DCX today to have them pull up rear sway bars for the SRT, 300, etc. The computer lists several sway bars for the LX models, SRT, C, touring, etc.

None of the pictures/part #'s show the measurements/thickness of the rear sway bars, no matter which 300 model he clicked on.

The only good response I got was from "Meister" He just did the Hotchkis front and rear sway bars, and loves the way they improved his cars handling, etc. Meister has a 300C and I the 3SRT.

If it is indeed true that the 300C and the 3SRT sway bars are different sizes, OEM. Then I can see how the Hotchkis set up made Meisters car feel like a major improvement.

Hotchkis's sway bars are 32mm F and 19mm R.
I spoke with Hotchkis and they say it will be the same sizes for the SRT's as the 300C package. They also couldn't tell me what my SRT OEM R sway bar size was either. Strange. How do they know there kits thickness, will fit the same for 300C and SRT, but they didn't know the SRT OEM R sway bar size? But there 19mm is the same for both cars, yet our SRT's are rumored to have 20mm?

Eibach makes the same size F sway bar as Hotchkis (32mm) but there rear sway is 22mm. Eibach calls it there anti-roll kit.

If someone knows the OEM size of our SRT R sway bars, this will put this whole issue to bed for me. I am sure a lot of you will be glad to see me put this topic to bed. I will when I feel I get a definitive answer.

Thanks for everyones help in this matter. I would prefer not to spend the extra money for an aftermarket product that is smaller than my OEM one, especially with reference to sway bars.

If we do indeed have a 20mm R sway bar R, why would I want the hotchkis R that is smaller at 19mm?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
170 Posts
They are the same...do a search on the forum and there are pictures showing the coat hangers the C and the SRT share...go Hotchkins and be happy.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Oh, the front sways are the same too...

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorbs said:
Oh, the front sways are the same too...
Thanks for the heads up Sorbs.

Finally saw some great comparison shots of the sway bars, OEM vs. Hotchkis.

I will pull the trigger and call Hotchkis, tomorrow, to complete my mod list.

Thanks again Sorbs. I get by with a little help from my friends......

·
Registered
170 Posts
You are going to love what they will do for your ride...HUGE improvement. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorbs said:
You are going to love what they will do for your ride...HUGE improvement. Congrats!
I know I will. I have been a Hotchkis fan since my 96' Impala. I had front and rear sways and there upper and lower trailing arms to keep the solid rear axel, firmer on the launches. That was a true boat of a sedan and the sways took care of any and all roll on that beaSSt.

Just with the confusion of the different 300 models, I wasn't sure if there were different size sways, like I read or not. With the Impala they were the exact same from 94, 95 and 96 except for 94 had OBD I and 95 & 96 had OBD II, that was the only difference in the 3 years. Oh, and the 94 had a granny shifter, 95 & 96 shifter was in the floor console.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts