Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my 300C and I love it. Has a new dash kit, 22" rims, tinted windows and a new billet grill. I haven't lowered it but that is in the works. Anyway, I was cruising and I stopped at a light and two young ladies in their 20's were in their car right next to me and they started to laugh. They asked me why I was driving a hearst. They told me my car was the ugliest car they had ever seen. They were seriously laughing at my car. This isnt the first time its happened. I mean mine looks just like all the picts I've sen on this site...no different. I aalso have people ask me if my car has a HEMI and when I say yes, they start to laugh out loud. My friend says it just looks like a car old guys get to try to look young. He calls it a poor man's vette. That sucks. Anyway, i still love my baby but I am a little self concious now and try not to look over at people that are pointing and laughing, they are haters anyway. All us 300C guys are unique and different anyway. We're all brothers!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can you say JELICY! :)

I have bin tolled that it’s not the old HEMI with a laugh, to that I say daaaaaaaaa no sh%%! :mad: I get more than 10 mpg and it’s still a blast to drive!:D

No not a vet but neither is the price tag!:D

You have the bras to be different be proud of that!
Brian

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with you

I'm proud of this car because its an extension of me and my indiviulaity. There's alot of us in the *** community that have had to deal with years of abuse so we're used to it and won't take it anymore. Same goes for my car. I love my little baby and I'm going to drive it proud no matter what anyone else thinks. And anyway, I don't want to be associated with vettes, they're way to full of testosterone and macho and this world needs alot less of that so that we can live in peace with one another.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
liljohn said:
.....My friend says it just looks like a car old guys get to try to look young. He calls it a poor man's vette. That sucks. Anyway, i still love my baby but I am a little self concious now and try not to look over at people that are pointing and laughing, they are haters anyway. All us 300C guys are unique and different anyway. We're all brothers!!!...I don't want to be associated with vettes, they're way to full of testosterone and macho and this world needs alot less of that so that we can live in peace with one another
Not everyone is enamored with the 300, just like not everyone likes Corvettes (I happen to drive both so please tread lightly) but the same is true of every other make/model. I haven't had it happen yet but I won't be shocked if it does, the 300 is the "thing" now so it attracts more attention - good or bad. You'll probably find it happens more now because of all the positive press and list-topping, some people just can't appreciate what they can't or don't have... BUT some just truly don't like it. You can pretty much tell which they are by what they're driving.

Next time look one of them in the eye smile and wave while shouting enthusiastically "oh my gawd, I haven't seen you in forever, how are you". Then watch the instant puzzlement as they think they were just hateful to someone they knew and try to remember how they knew you :p. I do this if someone honks or flips me off, it's fun and it works.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you sweety

I willl just try that next time the moment arises. And sorry about the vette comment, I'm sure there are some vette owners that aren't into beating their wives or dumping puppies in wells.
I'm going to get to put a big sign on my badboy for all the world to see. Haven't thought what it should say, but I'll come up with something sassy. I already have 4 friends that have 300C in the Santa Monica Area and we often meet up for drinks and chats. Is there anything like that going on in this forum. I think it would show our solidarity.

·
Registered
216 Posts
joe300c said:
<<<Snore>>> You need to get a life, (troll)! My advice is if you want to troll more effectively, learn how to be even more subtle than you THOUGHT you already were.. too many dead giveaways.. there's plenty of other forums out there that'd be more fun with more volatile to react to attempts at stirring $hit up, bro!

Best wishes,

-Joe300C
Well said, take your Sh*t to another site. Try the Acura TL site

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hemee's right - let it roll off like water on a duck's back! My sister laughs at my car everyday - she thinks it's ugly...but then what does she know? She drives a Ford Expedition....not exactly my choice of rides! To each his own, I say.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I,probably like you,didn't buy my 300 C to impress anyone but me,and it continues to do that constantly.I spent 5 weeks looking at,and driving many different makes and models of cars before I settled on the 300 C. It was my choice to get the most (meaning,looks,value,and performance),that's why I chose the 300 C.I am sorry that others have poor taste. :cool:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Some people just don't get the 300 mission and look. I love it!! I know people who hate it and laugh a lot when I bring it up. My wife is on the fence and it is making it very hard to justify the SRT-8 wait right now. It is still ordered, but I had to take her to a dealership just last week to make sure she remembered how nice it was for the price(300C version). I am 6'5" and love the large sedan return!!

Todd

·
Registered
174 Posts
well, i dont have one yet, but will. when i tell people that the 300c/srt8 are for me, half say, "sweet car, thats the one that looks like a Bentley right? it has a hemi soesnt it? nice car"

or

"that is the ugliest car on the rode. they had to put a HEMI in it or no one else would buy one. the grill is so ugly and the windows are too small"

i have heard no middle road on this vehicle, none. people love it or hate it

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Bottom line is 'Who cares?!?'...

You got a car for your reasons they didn't for theirs...

end of story.

·
Registered
208 Posts
To add to the wise Hemee's thoughts, do what I do: don't CARE what other people think about stupid stuff like whether they like your car.

I bought the hemi because I want one and a love driving it. Stranger's approval is not something I need to get by in this life.

Also, I don't know what you paid, but my 300C was not too far off the Vette sticker price, less than 5K, actually, so the "poor man's vette" is pretty far off the mark. Also, anyone who compares a 4 door luxosled to a two door screamer doesn't knwo much about cars.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Projekt 300C

Why do you hav e to be such a hater. i don't like Acura's, I'm a proud 300C owner and you should take that to the bank. Stop trying to *** bash. guys like you make the world an ugly place at time. Learn to love one another. I was just trying to be nice and neighborly. I'm not intersted in picking up on straight guys, thats no more possible than straight women picking up on *** men. I dont think you shouldbe driving a 300C, I think u should be driving a horse and buggy, you hater!!!

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
liljohn, and what were the chicks drivng? Must be some really dumb Azz Bi*tches that don't know that the difference between a sedan and a Hearse! I could seee if it was a black Dodge Magnum or something. I don't understand the Poor Man's Vette comment - the car is not a 2 seat sport car. I could see saying poor man's Bentley or Mercedes or something.

Maggie Pearl, has your sister seen Ford's answer to the 300C - the Ford Five Hundred - which is a rip-off of a Audi A6 design.

·
Registered
12 Posts
E55 Kev - Yes, but my sister is strictly a truck/SUV type person.....she thinks cars are a waste of money. Guess she'd rather lumber around in that gas-hog. But I still love her anyway!

·
Registered
159 Posts
With this vehicle, there really is no middle ground. People tend to like it or not. It is a radical change in the face of mundane styling trends. There is also a lot of jealousy too. I often notice people bringing their cars unusually close to mine on the highway. Perhaps for a look. Perhaps for another reason... It's a fact of life, just like everyone knows the black ones are faster... a fact of life. :)

And one lengthy comment on this thread which is off-topic... Liljohn, I'm sure you don't appreciate the sweeping generalizations people might make regarding your gender orientation. I was surprised to find you making similar sweeping generalizations about others. Not that I'm on the defensive (and neither should you be), but I don't beat my wife and I've got a 9 m.o. daschund puppy who's great. In the summer, my kids fight to ride in the vette with the top down, and I've been driving vettes for 27 years. They have always been on the cutting edge of technology, and while they have their "functional inconsistencies" they're just plain fun to drive.

Sure some people will buy them for falic reasons, and of course people will buy them for a lot of other reasons too... just as they will when it comes to the 300. The pseudo-chopped, out-there-grillwork 300 is right there in the falic zone along with the vette and many other vehicles.

I own the 300 because it's cool... has a big trunk and smartly-placed spare in the event of a rear-end-collision, seats the wife & 3 little kids... super safe, super comfortable... super fast... on the cutting edge of technology, and it didn't bankrupt me to buy one...

The wealth and value of any forum is the information that is shared on the common topic that everyone is there to discuss. This forum is about the Chrysler 300.

This site is a valuable resource. I hope we will all work towards keeping it that way.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I pulled up to a stop sign, and this young black guy in the back seat of a Civic next to me started laughing LOUD (windows of both cars are down) and kept shouting "NI**A GOT A HEMI!" Repeatedly. Obviously he was pointing out the 300C's typical demographical appeal in my area, as I am white. It was funny at first, but then sort of made me uncomfortable. How do you respond to that?

Then at the carwash in November, the attendant said, "What kind of car is that, a pretend-Bentley?" I was noticeably peeved at that comment. I shouldn't have been, but I was. I didn't buy it to be a pretend-anything. I couldn't care less about Bentleys. I think when you by such an extroverted automobile, people will make assumptions about you and your motives for that purchase.

I didn't buy it for reasons of fashion. I wanted a large RWD car. I like cars from the '50s for their style, RWD, and V8 power. The 300C was a choice of logic and emotion and not a choice dictated by trends.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Seems all the negative comments come from people that may not be able to afford the car or any new car for that matter. Many people live in very small worlds and can not invision the big picture - it's called IGNORANT!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.