1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
916 Posts
That was great, what is the song in the background and who did it, perfect choice.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Nice vid.... Is that the sopranos theme song?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well Done Love The "kit" Light Bar

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sopranos theme song. I dunno who did it. i got it on line somewhere.

Thanks for all the comments.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool Video. Picture is a little jumpy but Great car.

JUMPY? How? there are a few shaky parts that are supposed to resemble "old" filming....well you can only do so much with Windows Movie Maker and a bunch of stills.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Nice vid man!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any links to how to "KITT" Bar?

I would love to have something like that red light bar for the grill on my 2006 Charger SRT8 hood scoop......Do tell details please...keep in mind, I'm not electronically inclined, but am REALLY interested in how you did that, components used, wiring, assembly, attachment points, weather considerations, etc....

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would love to have something like that red light bar for the grill on my 2006 Charger SRT8 hood scoop......Do tell details please...keep in mind, I'm not electronically inclined, but am REALLY interested in how you did that, components used, wiring, assembly, attachment points, weather considerations, etc....
well...i can't help you with putting lights in your hood scoop. i got the lights from ebay. They happened to fit perfectly between the slats on my Grip Grille. more on install below...

Here is a link to the exact lights i got.... eBay Motors: KNIGHT RIDER SCANNER LIGHT - Kitt Flashing Light Bar (item 320221910669 end time Mar-01-08 09:10:08 PST)

If you like the lights and would like to actually use them get these... eBay Motors: KNIGHT RIDER SCANNER LIGHTS - KARR Flashing Light bar (item 320222277211 end time Mar-04-08 09:38:11 PST)

Mine are red like the top link. ALMOST EVERY state has NO RED LIGHT LAW on any vehicle that is NOT an EMERGENCY vehicle.

Go with the orange and i think you'd be ok.

As far as the install. I put them in when mounting my Grip Grille. i chose that height on the grille because the foam under the bumper and grill was at the perfect height to hold the lights in place. i simply used black duct tape to secure the light bar to the grille. the tape is no way visible and the foam applies enough pressure to the back of the lights that they are in there for as long as i decide to have them there. they cant fall out.

as far as the wireing...so easy a cave man can do it. The control box has a series of wires and so does the light bar. run the light box wires from your glove compartment into the engine compartment. (i had a car audio shop run the wire for me. it cost me like 20 bux.) run the wires from the light bar to the wire from the comtrol box. all ya gotta do is match up the colors. (blue to blue, green to green, orange to orange...etc. you will end up with a lone red and a lone black. Black is your ground and red goes to the battery.

If you don't feel comfortable doin the install the Audio shop can do it all for you prolly. I couldnt imagine them charging more than 50 bux or so to run the wires.

I dunno how you could use the lights. Your grille has a bar in the center and the light bar is to long to put in the hood scoop.

good thing is...the lights are pretty inexpensive, so if you can't make um work...no huge loss, and you may be able to sell um to a member here...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts