Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was driving down the road and out of no where this deer runs across the road. I had to slam on the brakes and swerve to the left into oncomming traffic. I missed the deer by like an inch, I would have totaled my brand new 300c if I hit it. Damn deer!!!:twak:

·
Registered
375 Posts
When I drive home from work at night if the weather is right I literally pass probably 10+ deer. My wife keeps telling me to get those deer alarm things that you put on the front of the car and she's probably right.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Glad to read that nothing happened! Congrats on handling an unexpected situation with an unexpectedly well-handling vehicle!

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
I’m so glad I didn’t open this thread up to a disaster story! Back in 2002 two deer ran into the side of my 01 Lincoln LS. Luckily Florida deer aren’t any bigger than a dog! (Still put some big dents in her) When I visit my folks in Indiana the deer are all over the place. So be careful out there!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Good to hear nothing happened! we have monster deer here in texas too. But from an insurance standpoint...Its better to go head to head with Bambi rather than another car or a tree.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I was shocked on how well the handling and braking was. It performed very well and I am soo glad I didnt hit the deer.
I had to swerve suddenly one rainy night on the I 81 - I was in the right lane when all of a sudden I saw a jutting piece of roadworking scaffolding that was blown halfway into the right lane by the wind- I was fortunate that there were no other vehicles in sight (1:00 AM) and all I remember is my spinal reflex to avoid this unexpected obstacle and probably saved the life of the passenger had I hit the jutting metal piece and if it would have coime through the windscreen. The 300C swerved and maintained its posture and I have *no idea* how I avoided this obstacle. *phew* The steering fluid started leaking a day or two ago, howvever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts