Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

I have read so many posts. HELP!!

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  RV300C 
#1 ·
Alright guys here is the deal. I am new, as so many other people, to the HID headlights. I looked at my bulbs and the low beam say 9006. Now I do have projector headlights but I am assuming halogen bulbs? I am a bit confused, when I walk away from my car with the lights on (about 30 feet) the color changes from a very bright white to blueish... Why does this happen?

When it gets a little darker I am going to take some pics and post them..

I am sorry if this has been asked/posted already.. I did look. Any help would be sweet!!

Thank You, Ryan.

#2 ·
Do you see any BALLAST near the headlight housing?

#4 ·
Its becuase of the projector lens. If you've ever taken your bulb out and looked at the assembly, youll notice that the cut off line (the zig zag) is actually on the top rather than the bottom. When the light passes through the lens it is refracted and the blueish color your are seeing is the light being bent as if it were a prism. I have halogens right now and they do cause color change, but it will be more significant and blueish when there is an HID bulb. If I am wrong someone feel free to correct me.

#5 ·
I kinda thought it was something to do with the light angels. Was not sure though. It would most definatly be more intense with HID. I have evry intention on upgrading. By reading the posts I have seen many people go with Stealth Auto HID Kits. I don't want anything so blue it looks like a illuminated pepsi truck driving down the street. I am thinking possibly 6000K. Not sure yet though.

#6 ·
RV300C I just got my 8000K and 3000K kit from Stealth Auto today, and I couldnt be happier. I thought the 8000K was going be blue (like I originally wanted) but they are extremely white with the slightest blue. It looks like a Lexus if not brighter not blue, it matches my halos perfectly.

#13 ·
Alright here are the pics, sorry the car is a bit dirty I just got back from Aquatica last night and got raped by bugs.

These are stealth auto HID kits, really nice and im very happy with them. Again, 8000K low beam and 3000K fogs. I have AAC's 10,000K halos with BB color matched housing that I did my self. Hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.