Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
nice work maign, thats a sick time in the 1/4 mile....what was the guy in the tower lane driving?

o and btw, why in the hell do u have to srt8 300's? ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
eudaman said:
nice work maign, thats a sick time in the 1/4 mile....what was the guy in the tower lane driving?

o and btw, why in the hell do u have to srt8 300's? ;-)
Believe it or not it was an Evo with a lot of mods. Looked really clean too. As for why I have two SRT-8's, like breasts, the best things in life come in pairs. :boobies:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Wow, what a testament to the cranked up HEMI. There is no doubt we will be seeing 11 second naturally aspirated SRT8's next year once the mods start rolling out for the masses! I am dying to see what one of the Comp Cams and a proper tuner will do for these cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
wow that is 1 tenth faster than my buddys modded lightning
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
XCITsNU said:
I am so proud of my car. :kiss:

OUTSTANDING !!! :banana: :notworthy :drive: :wiggle: :dance: :beerchug: :yikes: :09: :arms: :cool2: :cool2: :usa1: :yes(1): :yup: :boggled: :hail: :hail: :trink26: :trink26: :usa: :yumyum: :buttkick: :1244: :cool: ^5 ( high 5)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
damn dude.......your car is kicking some ass!!!!!!!!

what was the outside temp for your run?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,068 Posts
XCITsNU said:
Believe it or not it was an Evo with a lot of mods. Looked really clean too. As for why I have two SRT-8's, like breasts, the best things in life come in pairs. :boobies:
Ah- a breast analogy- my favorite tool for learning! :wink1:

XCITsNU you just keep pushing the envelope- well done to say the least!! It is too bad you couldn’t split yourself in half and then race against yourself on the track in the black/silver show down. (Sorry- I was hit in the head by that bitch Wilma)- anyway you’re making us very proud to be owners and future owners of a fine, fine automobile. Keep on pushing dude! :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks everybody. The outside temp was 50 degrees. I also ran a 12.754 run too. I did 12 passes. Got beat good by some incredible cars, and also beat the crap out of some hot rods I thought for sure where going to leave me like I was standing still, but then as I was 5 car lengths ahead of them looking at their lights in my rear view mirror I realized the fun is only starting for the SRT-8's... I ran against a few cars that were obviously not going to come close to beating me, and I couldn't help myself, I turned on my hazard lights right before leaving the line. I can only imagine what I must have looked like going down the track with my lights flashing. :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
shortlineskier said:
XCITsNU said:
I am so proud of my car. :kiss:


XCIT, what have you done to your car to get those kind of times??? That is running in the same neighborhood as a Hennessey 500SRT package.. Impressive...
I have 4 mods total.

1. Mopar CAI
2. MagnaFlow Exhaust
3. GSM Torque Mod
4. LED License Plate frame

That's it. Anyone is welcome to inspect my car. I told JMatt that he will need to inspect my car for everyone so that everyone knows it is stock with only the mods listed above. Anyone can get these numbers with practice. Did I mention how much I love the SRT-8?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
XCITsNU said:
I have 4 mods total.

1. Mopar CAI
2. MagnaFlow Exhaust
3. GSM Torque Mod
4. LED License Plate frame

QUOTE]

....gotta get me one of them there (speed) frames....

Seriously -- congratulations Mr Garlits! I assume you have the F1 tires (not RSAs).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
hemiwagn said:
XCITsNU said:
I have 4 mods total.

1. Mopar CAI
2. MagnaFlow Exhaust
3. GSM Torque Mod
4. LED License Plate frame

QUOTE]

....gotta get me one of them there (speed) frames....

Seriously -- congratulations Mr Garlits! I assume you have the F1 tires (not RSAs).
Garlits... I wish could go that fast on a regular basis... and get paid for it, while becoming a legend in my own time. On the tires, I actually have the Goodyear Eagle RSA's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Do you consistantly run that fast or do you feel that the cold air aided in any way?? I believe you said it was 50 degrees out correct. With a CAI that would be pretty near perfect conditions to maximise that MOD. How often do you go to the track?? I noticed your R/T was better than perfect, standard human reaction is .24sec without attempting to anticipate and red light...You performed just slightly better than that, which does not automatically mean anticipation, trained athletes have been tested with faster than .24 reaction...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
shortlineskier said:
Do you consistantly run that fast or do you feel that the cold air aided in any way?? I believe you said it was 50 degrees out correct. With a CAI that would be pretty near perfect conditions to maximise that MOD. How often do you go to the track?? I noticed your R/T was better than perfect, standard human reaction is .24sec without attempting to anticipate and red light...You performed just slightly better than that, which does not automatically mean anticipation, trained athletes have been tested with faster than .24 reaction...
In 90 degree weather the car ran 13.74 with just the CAI. I waited about a month and it was into the 60's and the car had the GSM Mod and the MagnaFlows added and ran low 13's. Then I think it was the next week it was 60 even and it broke into the 12's. My best reaction time was with JMatt at the Indy Race Park and it was a .019 and JMatt beat that at .017 and it was his first time racing. I'm a good instructor and hes a quick learner. And it was hot that day too. With the SRT-8 you wait until the second yellow lights up and then blink and floor it.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
Very impressive Jeremy!
Hey "Big Daddy", need a co-pilot?? :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
XCITsNU said:
With the SRT-8 you wait until the second yellow lights up and then blink and floor it.
esp on or off?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,300 Posts
XCITsNU said:
I couldn't help myself, I turned on my hazard lights right before leaving the line. I can only imagine what I must have looked like going down the track with my lights flashing. :laughing:
Now you're just being sick!!! I'm warning you - I'm hunting for well-hidden nitrous bottles!! :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
XCITsNU said:
In 90 degree weather the car ran 13.74 with just the CAI. I waited about a month and it was into the 60's and the car had the GSM Mod and the MagnaFlows added and ran low 13's. Then I think it was the next week it was 60 even and it broke into the 12's. My best reaction time was with JMatt at the Indy Race Park and it was a .019 and JMatt beat that at .017 and it was his first time racing. I'm a good instructor and hes a quick learner. And it was hot that day too. With the SRT-8 you wait until the second yellow lights up and then blink and floor it.


13.74 at 90 degrees
12.74 at 50 degrees
**.** at 10 degrees???
**.** at -30 degrees??? :)
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top