Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With this review of the new Genesis First Drive: 2009 Hyundai Genesis sedan - Autoblog And the new 2009 TL launching in December and the lincoln MKR sedan along with the new 09 maxima the current 300C is dinosourish. Now dont get me wrong none of those cars have the character of the 300's but character can get you so far.... With sales falling I think chrysler needs to push the time table forward. The 300's used to be the lone wolf among sheep but now its like the old man in the club trying to dance among all the younger faster leaner guys. What does everyone think

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
looks like a avalon

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Made over Taurus bubble cars... no thanks.

·
Registered
770 Posts
And I do not believe they would kick a Cs but performance wise at all. We have 390 torque and our HP and torque don't require high revs. Besides the new 300s will up the anty some. And I agree all the 4 door sport/performance sedans out there look alike. My car is 4 years old I was was out looking for a while but there was nothing (within reason of course) I found to replace it. For looks, performance, amenities, room, etc they are still awesome. It has become popular for the press to say we are getting long in the tooth these days.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I agree that our cars are different design wise, and that's one reason I bought one. I also agree that we have tons of torque and hp to play with, but I'd love to have a functional hybrid system hooked up to the torque monster, and a plug in system to charge the batteries at night. That would be awesome. If I could then get the car to run on ethanol made from organic waste (the process is available already) I would be a happy clam.

Aside from the MDS helping me out on the freeway and some niceties such as manumatic and IRS I am, whether I like it or not, driving a car with a general design still deeply rooted in the 1950s. Big horsepower V8 up front, automatic tranny, rear drive.

GM will most likely be leading the way for the US auto industry, and if Chrysler f*cks up with the next iteration I will desert to Cadillac, as long as they get the Volt technology, which is a definite maybe.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
There are 4 door cars out there that don't look quite like that, Acura's TL, TSX, and RL (though, they're remaking the TL and it's going to look like an accord.. BAH!), lexus has a couple, Audi doesn't make a single car that looks like any of that BMW wannabe trash either :)

Shoot, not even the Ford Taurus looks that dumb.

There's certain elements that do it for me - bangle butt, the mirrors mounted on the side of the car instead of in the window line, the way the hood slopes into the A pillars, the shape of the A pillars (eew), the back doors (UGH COME ON) - it's bad enough that they have one straight line from the top of the back window all the way down to the sideskirts, worse that they ignore the back wheel wells doing so.. ugh.

Then there's enough flame siding to make the last gen Mustang and current gen Chrysler Sebring look bland. XD

Stockholm: RWD being old school 50's tech? Ya know FWD econo boxes came from the 40s, right?

XD

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i agree i love the 300 also but compare all aspects especially the interiors hopefully the 09's are ready to compete

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
There are 4 door cars out there that don't look quite like that, Acura's TL, TSX, and RL (though, they're remaking the TL and it's going to look like an accord.. BAH!), lexus has a couple, Audi doesn't make a single car that looks like any of that BMW wannabe trash either :)

Shoot, not even the Ford Taurus looks that dumb.

There's certain elements that do it for me - bangle butt, the mirrors mounted on the side of the car instead of in the window line, the way the hood slopes into the A pillars, the shape of the A pillars (eew), the back doors (UGH COME ON) - it's bad enough that they have one straight line from the top of the back window all the way down to the sideskirts, worse that they ignore the back wheel wells doing so.. ugh.

Then there's enough flame siding to make the last gen Mustang and current gen Chrysler Sebring look bland. XD

Stockholm: RWD being old school 50's tech? Ya know FWD econo boxes came from the 40s, right?

XD
Hey, you don't have to tell me twice. My first 3 cars were, in order, 1960 Volvo 544, 1964 Renault 4L (a lot like the 2CV actually), 1967 Renault 16.

I generally meant US in the1950s.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
How about we take a look at it from the other side, yes our cars are no Priuses, but currently they get 18MPG on EPA's average ratings.

The 6 banger accord gets 22MPG average, and I'm pretty sure with VCT, the 2009 300C will get 20MPG average, AT LEAST.

Bigger, heavier, and stuff.. and a nice chunk faster, especially on the freeway, and yet only 2MPG more?! LAME!

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I am amazed by the freeway mileage I get with my C (28 on the last Disneyland trip), but I'll be damned if I can get better than 12 in the city (ouch). I try to keep an egg under the pedal, but the sound of the 8 and that pressure on my back is too tempting. I just can't do it. My money goes to the Saudis.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I know there are differences in car styling out there and there is a group of BMW wanna be's. That said I think the Acuras, Lexus, Hondas, and many of the American cars all look so generic and bland. The BMWs and to a lesser degree the Mercedes look blah and they all seem to have that smooth sloping thing going. Everyone trying to copy aspects of the other guy and no one looking cool to me. Don't get me wrong there are some amazing cars. I know the cadillac is different but its not my taste. I believe the 300, the Audis, and the English cars (Jaguar, Bently, Austin Martin) have it at least for me. I think the Bentlys and austin Martins are extremely beautiful cars. For American cars in my price range I thing think the 300 and to a lesser degree the Mustang are at least different and not trying to copy anybody but themselves. My two cents.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
ow before everyone put me down for bashing the 300 which im not I just want chrysler to help the interiors catch up with our exteriors now our interiors suck comparied to everyone else but exterior we can be touched but look for yourself if you think different

AND LETS REMEMBER THEY ARE THE SAME PRICE

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
the nissan console is real smooth looking i wouldnt mind that in mine.

·
Registered
650 Posts
actually 08 with dark interior and real wood or carbon feels not that bad. there is still a lot opportunities for improvement but it is a good sized evolutionary step. :) i managed to get to a dealership and get a feel of it.

nissan console looks ok, but somehow i would not go crazy over it. at one point i looked at nissans and excluded them mostly because of interior dislikes. infinity has better interiors. also, the knob control is in the wrong place. it is not convenient to have it in front of LCD. Hyundai, BMW, etc got it right by placing onto the console between seats. i do not like Hyundai interior much. no good. bland. may be it is just the peach color they choose for the picture.

lincoln interior looks good. it is just somewhat unusual lines, but something which makes the interior unique. i have seen mks in person. looks like an amazing car. front end grill is very impressive. it can even compete with 300C imho. the bad thing, it will not have v8 option.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts