Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my TRENZ Alluminum Billet Grille yesterday with the help of my son. We had one hell of a time doing this. The instructions that came with it were not very clear. I down loaded several other installation instructions from other brands, and kind of winged it from there. Ended up almost taking off the whole front end. The most difficult part was getting the billet grille to fit flush in the recessed portion of the grille opening. It still is not comepletely flush all the way around. I'm hoping that as the weather gets warmer here in Michigan, I can push that one corner a little deeper into the opening. If not, then I will back out the nuts on the studs, and make the grille more of a flush mount than a recess mount. It is a good quality product, and it certainly changes the fron appearance of my 300C. I wanted something different from everyone else that has a Bentley type grille. I mounted the Chrysler Wing emblem on it, and it looks finished. Lots of bitchin' and bruising and bleeding, but well worth the LOOK! :cool:

·
Registered
51 Posts
How about some pics. Would love to see how it looks on your car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ditto...some pictures please Mr. Mojo. I was also interested in this grille. I want a vertical look, but I am not thrilled with the T-rex or E&G options. I would like to have a grille that looks good with no emblem on it. The wing in the back is enough for me. In fact, I would have rather had the old Chrylser Pentastar!

·
Registered
362 Posts
i also want a verticle grill, but..........with a centerbar and think frame. the E&G does look pretty good (even tho ive never seen one in person) except theyre so damn played out nowadays youd think these cars came stock with E&G grills. lol. im not too big on the wing on them either, and if i did put one on, id get a custom emblem for it instead of that chrysler logo.

anyone know where to find verticle lower grill inserts instead of those damned mesh ones.

·
Registered
109 Posts
mojoman said:
I installed my TRENZ Alluminum Billet Grille yesterday with the help of my son. We had one hell of a time doing this. The instructions that came with it were not very clear. I down loaded several other installation instructions from other brands, and kind of winged it from there. Ended up almost taking off the whole front end. The most difficult part was getting the billet grille to fit flush in the recessed portion of the grille opening. It still is not comepletely flush all the way around. I'm hoping that as the weather gets warmer here in Michigan, I can push that one corner a little deeper into the opening. If not, then I will back out the nuts on the studs, and make the grille more of a flush mount than a recess mount. It is a good quality product, and it certainly changes the fron appearance of my 300C. I wanted something different from everyone else that has a Bentley type grille. I mounted the Chrysler Wing emblem on it, and it looks finished. Lots of bitchin' and bruising and bleeding, but well worth the LOOK! :cool:
is this the one you got ? if so, i had the same problems, with install..bitchin, brusin and bleedin...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, that's the one I installed on my car....Did you get it to recess all the way around, or did you end up with more of a flush mount? I love the way it looks on my car. It really attracts a lot of lookers in parking lots.

·
Registered
109 Posts
mojoman said:
Yeah, that's the one I installed on my car....Did you get it to recess all the way around, or did you end up with more of a flush mount? I love the way it looks on my car. It really attracts a lot of lookers in parking lots.
i have mine slightly recessed, gettin ready to add a crome frame around it, to give it more dimension.........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts