Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

181 - 200 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Picked up the car Saturday at noon. By Sunday afternoon we had returned from Iowa with a little over 500 mi. They are everything Dodge promises folks. Really comfortable for driving. My favorite (don't shoot me) is to drive in ECO mode! The tranny shifts like a dream. In street or adding ECO it is so smooth you nearly can't feel shifts. Turn that thing to track mode and the valves open on the exhaust and it completely changes its shifting personality to a near Formula One Racer type of shifts. Man can this thing bang those gears.

The engine....well the SRT8 had nearly 500. What can I say, the additional 200-250 or whatever they are putting out is certainly there and comes on just as smooth. The exhaust and its volume is unreal. Several times on Sunday afternoon as I was exercising it through the RPM ranges I could do nothing but giggle and laugh, still can't believe they are selling these!

Did my first mod Monday morning, had the 305/35 Nitto drag radials put on the back. Now it looks mean, sounds mean, yep it is mean. Logged a certain top speed Sunday morning, broke that on the way to lunch Monday and blew it away at my favorite section of "safe" road last night. If the passenger was not so tense we would have logged a much faster run. That is not what it is about, this thing is all around good, cruiser, racer or just parked, they hit it out of the park.

Oh and for the stereo, record some music on a SD card, the sound quality is so good, I have not listened to XM music yet!
You suck! ....errrr... I mean, YOU ROCK!!! ::laugh:: lol All seriousness, though...CONGRATS!!! She's a beauty.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
She looks beautiful. Seeing as pricing on the new CTS-Vs looks to be 85-90k+ I think I'm torn between buying mine out or a new Hellcat in a couple of years. Looking forward to actually seeing/touching one in person one of these weeks when summer finally hits. Congrats on your ride!

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Picked up the car Saturday at noon. By Sunday afternoon we had returned from Iowa with a little over 500 mi. They are everything Dodge promises folks. Really comfortable for driving. My favorite (don't shoot me) is to drive in ECO mode! The tranny shifts like a dream. In street or adding ECO it is so smooth you nearly can't feel shifts. Turn that thing to track mode and the valves open on the exhaust and it completely changes its shifting personality to a near Formula One Racer type of shifts. Man can this thing bang those gears.

The engine....well the SRT8 had nearly 500. What can I say, the additional 200-250 or whatever they are putting out is certainly there and comes on just as smooth. The exhaust and its volume is unreal. Several times on Sunday afternoon as I was exercising it through the RPM ranges I could do nothing but giggle and laugh, still can't believe they are selling these!

Did my first mod Monday morning, had the 305/35 Nitto drag radials put on the back. Now it looks mean, sounds mean, yep it is mean. Logged a certain top speed Sunday morning, broke that on the way to lunch Monday and blew it away at my favorite section of "safe" road last night. If the passenger was not so tense we would have logged a much faster run. That is not what it is about, this thing is all around good, cruiser, racer or just parked, they hit it out of the park.

Oh and for the stereo, record some music on a SD card, the sound quality is so good, I have not listened to XM music yet!
DGatzby:

Congrats! I bet it was worth the wait. Happy to hear you finally got it and that you have had a chance to enjoy it a little bit. Keep us posted on your mods :).

I don't think you will be happy with the XM satellite music. I've had it in all of my 3 recent cars and sound quality was not good in any of them. It always sounds muffled - definitely not as good as the HD radio signals.

NorthernRider: Any updates on your Hellcat yet?

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Ken - they are still running lotteries for the HC Chally, so my odds are poor. However - there is good news. They have agreed to give me priority on an HC Charger. So - they are saying a May delivery.

I hope it happens - as my 300C SRT8 is going under 'the knife' tomorrow to have the interior gutted, full roll cage fabricated, custom 18" wheels with Hoosier slicks installed. It will no longer be legal to be driven on the street - just road racing! ::smile::

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Ken - they are still running lotteries for the HC Chally, so my odds are poor. However - there is good news. They have agreed to give me priority on an HC Charger. So - they are saying a May delivery.

I hope it happens - as my 300C SRT8 is going under 'the knife' tomorrow to have the interior gutted, full roll cage fabricated, custom 18" wheels with Hoosier slicks installed. It will no longer be legal to be driven on the street - just road racing! ::smile::
You can't go wrong with either car, and the Charger has the benefit of 4 doors, which I really like. The Charger also has the stealth/sleeper quality that I like. Most people will have no idea what hit them if they try to race the Charger Hellcat.

How do the lotteries work? Does the dealer just submit a lottery request and hope their order gets honored? I sure hope you can get your car soon and am sorry to hear it's taking so long.

I was just checking on e-Bay motors and the prices on the Hellcat are outrageous. One had an asking price of $89,000, another had a "buy it now" price of $79,000 and another had 29 bids on it with a current high bid of $76,500 which I believe is about $10,000 over MSRP. I may wait a year or so and pick up a used one. I will never pay a penny more than MSRP on any car. It's too much, and the dealers are greedy to ask for these markups!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
...I was just checking on e-Bay motors and the prices on the Hellcat are outrageous. One had an asking price of $89,000, another had a "buy it now" price of $79,000 and another had 29 bids on it with a current high bid of $76,500 which I believe is about $10,000 over MSRP. I may wait a year or so and pick up a used one. I will never pay a penny more than MSRP on any car. It's too much, and the dealers are greedy to ask for these markups!
^^^ DAMN RIGHT!!! :cussing:

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
About the 'lottery': Dodge expected to sell 7400 HC's in the first year. They weren't prepared for the huge demand, even though dealers can only submit a 'Sold" order and the delivered car must be registered to the buyer soon after delivery. No dealer allocation for stock.

If they built the cars in order of receipt of orders, many would have cone to Canada, as they opened the order banks here on July 27, 2014 (my order was confirmed on July 29th). U.S. order banks did not open for another couple of months.

Apparently, they decided to throw the order numbers into a computer that randomly generated back out the orders. In essence - a somewhat fair system. But with one big flaw - they didn't tell dealers or the public that this was what they were doing. It was only 2 months ago that my dealer was informed of this procedure.

In my case, they offered to firm up an order for the Charger HC - only if I withdrew the Chally HC order - which I have done.

At the end of the day - I'm okay with all of this - if I get my car in May.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
About the 'lottery': Dodge expected to sell 7400 HC's in the first year. They weren't prepared for the huge demand, even though dealers can only submit a 'Sold" order and the delivered car must be registered to the buyer soon after delivery. No dealer allocation for stock.

If they built the cars in order of receipt of orders, many would have cone to Canada, as they opened the order banks here on July 27, 2014 (my order was confirmed on July 29th). U.S. order banks did not open for another couple of months.

Apparently, they decided to throw the order numbers into a computer that randomly generated back out the orders. In essence - a somewhat fair system. But with one big flaw - they didn't tell dealers or the public that this was what they were doing. It was only 2 months ago that my dealer was informed of this procedure.

In my case, they offered to firm up an order for the Charger HC - only if I withdrew the Chally HC order - which I have done.

At the end of the day - I'm okay with all of this - if I get my car in May.

You are a very patient man :) I thought my 3 month wait for my Shelby was bad. It really shouldn't take so long to fill the orders. Do you know how many Challengers have been produced so far? I thought that production on the Charger starts after production on the Challenger, which has already begun, so I would think it would be an even longer wait for the Charger.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Absolutely awesome news! So stoked for you pal!

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
Thats not far away compared too how long you have already waited so this is finally GREAT news.

The end of April is when I start my 10,000km road Journey which would perfect for the Hellcat.
If you get it delivered straight to me Pat I can have it run in for you. :)

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Thats not far away compared too how long you have already waited so this is finally GREAT news.

The end of April is when I start my 10,000km road Journey which would perfect for the Hellcat.
If you get it delivered straight to me Pat I can have it run in for you. :)
Daryl, thanks for the great offer. You da man! Let me just say this -

"NOT gonna happen!" ::smile::

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Great news Patrick. This may be off topic but what sort of modes are going into BB II ? What weight reductions are you planning ? any further suspension changes ? Power upgrades ? I assume you will be tracking the Hellcat, how do you think the two will compare ? I know question questions .... Thanks Brian

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
Great news Patrick. This may be off topic but what sort of modes are going into BB II ? What weight reductions are you planning ? any further suspension changes ? Power upgrades ? I assume you will be tracking the Hellcat, how do you think the two will compare ? I know question questions .... Thanks Brian
Today is "Build Day" for my HC Charger. No - this is not April Fool's - at least, I hope not!

Brian - First mod is weight reduction. We're hoping to take 600 lbs off the old gal.

Second is a full cage for racing - probably will add 200 lbs back in.

Third are custom 18" wheels from Forgestar, manufactured to clear the Brembos. This will allow us to put on Hoosier Slicks - 275/35/18's.

We are cleaning up some airflow issues and putting a large TransAm type wing on the back of the trunk for rear downforce.

Engine and tranny are not getting any mechanical mods - just ECM and TCM retuning. For now, anyways.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I hope its nit an April fools joke, what colour paint/interior ? Back to BBII
Will you be taking out all interior ? What about air bags, radio, air conditioning ??
You can't get the Hoosier slicks in 20 inch ?What do you think will be the most weight you can loss, not you rather BBII lol. Even 400 lbs. will make your front tires happy. Will you be updating your BBII mod thread ?
Brian (Sorry for high jacking your Hellcat thread)

181 - 200 of 274 Posts