Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

201 - 220 of 274 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Today is "Build Day" for my HC Charger. No - this is not April Fool's - at least, I hope not!

Brian - First mod is weight reduction. We're hoping to take 600 lbs off the old gal.

Second is a full cage for racing - probably will add 200 lbs back in.

Third are custom 18" wheels from Forgestar, manufactured to clear the Brembos. This will allow us to put on Hoosier Slicks - 275/35/18's.

We are cleaning up some airflow issues and putting a large TransAm type wing on the back of the trunk for rear downforce.

Engine and tranny are not getting any mechanical mods - just ECM and TCM retuning. For now, anyways.

Wow! It's moving along fast! Hope you have it soon :)

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
^^^^ That looks awesome! Glad to see you are keeping things as safe as possible.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Wow not much left inside , I would have thought you would loose more than 600lbs, what else can be removed? Will this have an effect on your wheel alignments and shock settings ? I imagine there will be a lot of tuning and testing. A new Hellcat and a purpose built racer nice work Patrick.
I am envious Brian

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Yeah - it's probably more than 600 lbs. The carpeting and soundproofing is really heavy.

We'll knew in a couple of weeks when we weigh her up at the track, as we set up the alignment.

My Hellcat is now built and cleared from Brampton. Just waiting for a truck to bring it to the dealer. ::smile::

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
About the 'lottery': Dodge expected to sell 7400 HC's in the first year. They weren't prepared for the huge demand, even though dealers can only submit a 'Sold" order and the delivered car must be registered to the buyer soon after delivery. No dealer allocation for stock.

If they built the cars in order of receipt of orders, many would have cone to Canada, as they opened the order banks here on July 27, 2014 (my order was confirmed on July 29th). U.S. order banks did not open for another couple of months.

Apparently, they decided to throw the order numbers into a computer that randomly generated back out the orders. In essence - a somewhat fair system. But with one big flaw - they didn't tell dealers or the public that this was what they were doing. It was only 2 months ago that my dealer was informed of this procedure.

In my case, they offered to firm up an order for the Charger HC - only if I withdrew the Chally HC order - which I have done.

At the end of the day - I'm okay with all of this - if I get my car in May.
Patrick, congrats. I am feeling a bit bad, I have been frequenting another Forum. Feels like I am cheating after hanging out here for years.

Anyway, have you driven a HC yet? If not, you are going to love it. Looks like with the Charger you will have more comforts. If you are ok with the four doors, you are really going to like it. I am about 2000 mi in. About half of that is pure highway driving however. Had to bring it from Iowa and just went back down last week. It is simply a great machine. Either you can drive in ECO in any mode for taking it to Church, or tune it up with another Drive mode and it becomes a beast with several levels of computer management to choose from. I don't know what is better its sounds or its pull.

The 300SRT project looks serious. One of these days I will find an excuse to come on up and watch you woop some arse. Happy driving!

David

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #208 (Edited)
Patrick, congrats. I am feeling a bit bad, I have been frequenting another Forum. Feels like I am cheating after hanging out here for years.

Anyway, have you driven a HC yet? If not, you are going to love it. Looks like with the Charger you will have more comforts. If you are ok with the four doors, you are really going to like it. I am about 2000 mi in. About half of that is pure highway driving however. Had to bring it from Iowa and just went back down last week. It is simply a great machine. Either you can drive in ECO in any mode for taking it to Church, or tune it up with another Drive mode and it becomes a beast with several levels of computer management to choose from. I don't know what is better its sounds or its pull.

The 300SRT project looks serious. One of these days I will find an excuse to come on up and watch you woop some arse. Happy driving!

David
Hi David. Just got back from fitting my race seat in my race car. Just a few things to tidy up; then apply the race decals and we'll be ready for track testing & tuning.

No - I have not driven a HC yet. Thanks for the great description. I'm fine with the 4 doors and I like the new styling on the Charger. Getting antsy now for the car. should be here soon!

Patrick

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
My Hellcat is now built and cleared from Brampton. Just waiting for a truck to bring it to the dealer. ::smile::

That's great news! Best of all you should have it by the warmer weather. Keep us posted on the progress.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Something new under the sun

Well, some people just can't leave well enough alone. A week ago, at the neighborhood car show, some guy in a gunmetal gray C of indeterminate vintage showed up sounding like a gasser. Heads turned.

As he rolled down the row, I espied a hand-made badge, though a well-made badge, on the trunk that read 426HEMI. It was a 392 with a stroker and lots and lots of of other goodies (no supercharger though). Said he had to starve his children to buy it all, but it was worth it.

He told us it turns in the low 11's. I didn't see any time slips, but I'll buy the story.

Said the C is streetable but no longer a daily driver. But, oh, on the weekends . . . Sucker wouldn't give me a ride.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
The Charger Hellcat Has Landed!

On Thursday, I was driving west on Carling - between Maitland and Woodroffe, when I came up on a car hauler. As I got closer, I saw it was loaded with Chargers.

Hmmmm . . . . At Woodroofe, it turned North. Must be going to Metro Dodge, I thought - so I followed it. My car wasn't due yet - but ya never know.

As It pulled up at Metro, there was a Jazz Blue one on the top in the middle. Looks just like the one I ordered. Guess what - it was! I now have the manual and will pick it up late tomorrow. WhoooooooHooooooo!!!!

Things then got quite amusing. I walk into the dealership. Peter, the manager, starts apologizing - "I have called them twice. They have assured me it is on its way!!!" (I have been waiting since July 29th, 2014). I replied, "Turn around, Peter. It's just coming off that truck out there.".

We had a good laugh!

The car was delivered to me on Friday. On Saturday, I took here up to Calabogie ans we were testing the Black Beast for the first time since all the mods. Couldn't resist taking the Hellcat out on the track for a few soft laps (respecting the rigid break-in procedures that Dodge laid out). Car was a dream on the track.

Here are some pics:

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
What a spin out to see you car on the truck, what are the chances.

What an absolute beast, I know its not what you originally ordered but hope you will love it just as much if not more.
Great stuff Pat, it must be a relief

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
It really is a relief - and I love the new Charger body style. The electromagnetic shocks are amazing. They react to road surfaces and to cornering / acceleration & braking forces in a hundredth of a second!

The car is the exact same dimensions as my 300C SRT8, so getting used to driving it was instant & automatic. And the power . . . . . WoW!!!

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #217 (Edited)
And - I haven't neglected the Black Beast. She will be in a 2 day racing school this weekend - then in our first "hard core' (open passing) race, Saturday evening.

Still some more decaling to do, but she's ready to go:

·
Registered
256 Posts
On Thursday, I was driving west on Carling - between Maitland and Woodroffe, when I came up on a car hauler. As I got closer, I saw it was loaded with Chargers.

Hmmmm . . . . At Woodroofe, it turned North. Must be going to Metro Dodge, I thought - so I followed it. My car wasn't due yet - but ya never know.

As It pulled up at Metro, there was a Jazz Blue one on the top in the middle. Looks just like the one I ordered. Guess what - it was! I now have the manual and will pick it up late tomorrow. WhoooooooHooooooo!!!!

Things then got quite amusing. I walk into the dealership. Peter, the manager, starts apologizing - "I have called them twice. They have assured me it is on its way!!!" (I have been waiting since July 29th, 2014). I replied, "Turn around, Peter. It's just coming off that truck out there.".

We had a good laugh!

The car was delivered to me on Friday. On Saturday, I took here up to Calabogie ans we were testing the Black Beast for the first time since all the mods. Couldn't resist taking the Hellcat out on the track for a few soft laps (respecting the rigid break-in procedures that Dodge laid out). Car was a dream on the track.
Northern Rider,

Congratulations!!! It looks amazing!

201 - 220 of 274 Posts