Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

221 - 240 of 274 Posts

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
Just going to be sitting in my little Aussie section Pat so I don't have to read how good the Cat is and not be able to own one. ::crying:: ::crying:: ::crying::

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Congrats Patrick. Finally got it! Oh, I don't think any programming changes at 500, but it is good you are respecting the break-in anyway. You got the right color, nice, it is amazing in the sun.

The 300 looks great. It even looks like it kicks butt. I don't think I have seen that good of a picture before. You are set, enjoy!

FYI, I should be receiving my Triumph wheels next week, had them make me the fronts to match OEM's I will put my original rears on them. Got two wonderful 315/35 P-Zeros to put on the 10.5" rears with a 25mm backset to get them tucked in. I am going to try some road racing, so I may need to visit for some pointers soon! My original set of wheels are fixed up with a rear set of 305/35 Nitto drag radials for those sub 11 second runs.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Finally !!! Can't wait to hear how the cat drives on the track. BBII I cannot wait for some video on your new track monster

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
Just going to be sitting in my little Aussie section Pat so I don't have to read how good the Cat is and not be able to own one. ::crying:: ::crying:: ::crying::
Move to Canada (and freeze your ass off for 6 months) ::biggrin::

Just imagine what passing on your favourite track would be like!
Just a blue blur . . . .

Congrats Patrick. Finally got it! Oh, I don't think any programming changes at 500, but it is good you are respecting the break-in anyway. You got the right color, nice, it is amazing in the sun.

The 300 looks great. It even looks like it kicks butt. I don't think I have seen that good of a picture before. You are set, enjoy!

FYI, I should be receiving my Triumph wheels next week, had them make me the fronts to match OEM's I will put my original rears on them. Got two wonderful 315/35 P-Zeros to put on the 10.5" rears with a 25mm backset to get them tucked in. I am going to try some road racing, so I may need to visit for some pointers soon! My original set of wheels are fixed up with a rear set of 305/35 Nitto drag radials for those sub 11 second runs.
Thanks! Looking forward to seeing your wheels! Be careful with the road racing . . . It is addictive!!! ::biggrin::

Finally !!! Can't wait to hear how the cat drives on the track. BBII I cannot wait for some video on your new track monster
Hopefully some vid - after this weekend!

Thanks, Piggy (I think . . .)

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Congrats! She looks AMAZING, and I love the color! I can't wait to hear more about it and your driving impressions. After seeing your photos, I think I now prefer it over the Challenger. I really like the idea of a big, comfortable car with 4 doors and 707 hp :)

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Congrats Pat, glad you got the 4 door in jazz blue instead of the chally. Love your new plate for the charger cat. Break it in for those first 1000 miles then hit the hammer, lol. I'm waiting a year before I order my Charger Cat and will run this plate.

On our drive to Cali this year for Spring Fest Tom's sublime kitty was broken in and he and one of the Bees in our group were at 130mph in west texas and the kitty hit the gas and before you could blink an eye Tom left the Bee like it was sitting still, at 130 lol, and then Tom snapped this picture and sent to us on the road lol.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Mark - I am really glad I made the switch, as well. Love the Charger HC and the Jazz Blue is an awesome color.

Same dimensions as my 300C SRT8 - so no adjustment in driving, except for the sweet electromagnetic shocks - and, of course, 707 hp always on tap!!!

Love your plate. Ontario would not give me anything with the word "HELL" in it. Can you believe that?

You are gonna love yours when you get it! ::biggrin::

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
Congrats! She looks AMAZING, and I love the color! I can't wait to hear more about it and your driving impressions. After seeing your photos, I think I now prefer it over the Challenger. I really like the idea of a big, comfortable car with 4 doors and 707 hp :)
Thanks Ken! It is hard to put into words what this car is like to drive. A pussycat when cruising with all the luxo toys. A beast of a cat when you ask her to go.

Let me get some road & track time on her - then I'll do up a full report.

BTW - I just registered for a "Race The Runway" event in August. It's a timed half mile jaunt down an airport runway. Should be fun!

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
Will you be testing the quarter and 0-100 (Sorry 0-60 over there) times?
It could take a bit of practice to get good launches until you become one with the cat.

·
Administrator
13,325 Posts
both cars look fantastic - amazing what a life of debauchery gets you!

...if they had them here, I'd prefer the Charger - I've always liked them actually, but that blue HC of yours looks stunning. Heres to many happy hours on road & track

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Thanks Ken! It is hard to put into words what this car is like to drive. A pussycat when cruising with all the luxo toys. A beast of a cat when you ask her to go.

Let me get some road & track time on her - then I'll do up a full report.

BTW - I just registered for a "Race The Runway" event in August. It's a timed half mile jaunt down an airport runway. Should be fun!

That timed half mile sounds like a very cool event. I've always been limited to a quarter mile for my timed runs. My fastest speed in the quarter mile in my SRT8 was a little over 111 mph. My fastest speed in the quarter mile in my GT500 was a little over 127 mph. I really have no idea what they would be capable of in 1/2 mile, but one thing is for sure - you will be going fast in the Hellcat with that amount of room to open her up! I would guess it should easily top 155 mph in the half mile.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Since I have almost zero experience with drag starts, I guess I'll have to practise my launches.

The HC has a launch control system built in. Don't know how good it is.
The launch could be a bit tricky depending on what they do to prep the air strip and the tires you plan to use. Most launch control systems don't work that great, but maybe the Hellcat is different. The launch control on my GT500 works best on a prepped track, not the street, and it is very picky about clutch release. I'm sure you can do better than the launch control after a little practice, but it's a good idea to use it a few times to get the feel of it. It took me a while just to get to a point where I was comfortable with hard launches in sport mode on the street in my GT500. Now that I've got better tires (Toyo R888s) and more seat time I'm much more comfortable. What fun it is to get a new car and learn all the little nuances of it's personality and behavior :)

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Thanks Ken. But, Patrick, I don't think anyone is using the launch control. The best formula for drag racing is the following settings:
Tranny - Track; that is out quickest shifting program
Suspension - varies street to track; some people say let it squat in the back on the soft street mode, others including me say screw that, I can feel the difference and I know you will on the steering sensitivity and general firmness of the stiffer suspension.
Traction - Sport; without holding the ESP and shutting down the computer gremlin this traction setting has the lowest interaction with traction control but leaves the stability program in place to help just in case you accidentally get sideways. If you shut down the ESP button track mode is ok here.

On the street best technique is what we have said for years with the SRT's get into it slowly, depending on the surface, temps and tires somewhere in second or third you will have it to the floor. At the strip use drag radial rears air them down to 17-20 psi, do a John Force burnout to warm them up and most are able to nail it in first, pray your driveshaft holds in the first second of applying 600 ft-lb of torque to the system and wait for your 10.8-10.9 second quarter to appear!

Your stock PZero 275/40 are not adequate for the rears as you know now. Mounted up some Nitto 305/35 drag radials at 500 mi. My times below all have the drag radials at 32 PSI and Speedlogix control arms installed to counteract the hop and bouncing caused by drag radials with too much air in them. I have turned pretty consistent 3.6 second 0-60's on the street. All of my other times have had at least one other 200 man riding. We have turned an 11.3 at 125, have a 7.5 second 1/8th at 101. The quarter trap speed at 4850 lbs of load gives me hope that my unit is good to go with the HP they promise and probably is consistent with a little bit more as everyone is finding out at the dyno's. End of the week I will be able to see what a PZero 315/35 with a tread wear of 160 on a 10.5" wheel will do for us. I do not like the drag radial as a daily driver for lots of reasons and will set my complete OEM set aside for drag racing track days as by Saturday I hope to have new wheels/tires to show-off. It is my Birthday weekend and somehow have the new wheels and tires to be delivered NLT Friday. Wonder how that happened?

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Now... I'm not running 707hp but airstrip runs are kinda my thing (done probably 100+ throughout the years in a slew of cars)...

Don't go first! Lol... watch the others run out first and gauge their launches, usually surface prep is non to non and you will have a hard time on launch and through the first couple gears. My last run I got squirrely on the third shift at WOT with the TZ set for a HARD shift! Thinking the added hp isn't going to help that with your ride!
As others have said, just do like you used to in BB and roll that pedal and get ready for a little movement if the runway prep is off.or not done at your strip. By 130+ your down force is combating the surface pretty well. Also invest in some 3m clear vinyl for the bottom of the doors and rear quarters, chances are she's going to spit some junk out from the road!

221 - 240 of 274 Posts