Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

261 - 274 of 274 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts

what colour is this? It looks just great, and thats going some as I'm no fan of the GenII back end!
That's my buddy Bob's 300, its Granite Crystal metallic. It's a bad picture I tried taking at 90mph from my 300, lol. Plus his car looks flat finish as it is very dirty from recent rains and he didn't have time to wash it before we hit the road for spring fest earlier this year.

Bob's Granite Crystal when it's clean, lol.

I usually get the dirtiest daily driver in our club though lol

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I see you guys keep posting up Jazz Blue pictures. Feels good to post up and share with you folks who I feel like I have known for a long time. Since I have not posted up all summer, I have got some Triumph Performance Wheels made for it. I looked and I am sorry I have not shared some pictures in a while. I am stuck on the staggered look. 9.5" up front with the OEM 275/40's, 10.5" out back with a close match of a 315/35 (106Y) P-Zero which has even a sticker rating of 160 over the stockers 200. I have not taken it to the fastest drag strip in the world (BIR - new TF and FC world records last weekend) because the budget for 2015 ran out. In 2016 I need to start with an aluminum DS mod, or apparently risk twisting the DS with the drag radials. My buddy, took his OEM's down to less than 20 psi, launched on the street and twisted his up! You guys will also get a kick out of of this one, at Mopars in the Park in late May, the D/A was about 600' one cool Sunday morning. This beast logged a 670hp/666 ft-lb on the third pull. Oh yes, you can feel the back end of that car dancing a bit even at 60-70 mph punch down! Patrick, I really want to and will come up there next spring to meet you, see you run that Charger and BS with you about the right mods for road racing...I'm in with this one. Got my SRT experience this coming Thursday at Road America. I bet I am going to be stoked after that! But here are some pics with the new wheels to share.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
One more pic of a nice ass.
Nice pics! She's a beast for sure. That's a great setup and I really like your choice in color! Thanks for sharing. BTW, I have Toyo R888s on my Cobra and couldn't be happier with them. They are expensive and have a short tread life, but that's what you have to pay if you want an outstanding autocross tire. I'm sure your Hellcat would love them. They are basically like a drag radial, but with a sidewall rating designed for autocross. For me, it's the perfect balance of handling and traction at the strip. The speed at which I can apply full throttle in first gear is amazing and I can literally slam 2nd gear to the floor. I basically get a short, slight 3 second screech from the tires, a sharp bark as I power shift 2nd, and I'm going 70 mph before you can blink. All my traction issues have been resolved with these tires. They are amazing for street and strip and not nearly as heat sensitive as many other tires I've used over the years.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Thanks for the info, Ken. Yesterday was my first SRT experience at Road America. It is over, while I love drag racing and I will perform the simple task of breaking 11 seconds with my drag radials, this road racing is the deal! They advised me to get the same size tires all around and I must say my favorite (we can talk about the Viper later) is the A8 Challenger with the big power. Got to drive another HC both manual and auto, did paddles 100% and absolutely loved it. Could have been lots faster, so that is a good sign. When I tear up my four PZeros, I will look into the Toyo's. I am sure Patrick will have a suggestion too. Glad I kept my OEM wheels, they get to be my road racing set. Now, I am definitely headed up to Toronto to meet our friend and watch him next spring. I know that I am modding this one for the road, it has plenty of power.

The Viper...got to drive one, what can I say, it was stuck to the course. Went and did the hot lap with a great driver and he was brutal on it. After basically drifting at 85-90 we must have pegged the limiter, and it shut down!! Great, earned me another wild lap and it did not shut down the second time, BUT, we come upon one of the other three Vipers on the back side, shut down! Same deal happened to them. So such is bragging rights, and story telling, it was a blast and I was sold. The intensity level was several notches up from where we were driving behind the pros all day. And man Dodge does a great job of building vehicles, for lots of purposes in one package.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
The SRT experience sounds like a blast! Glad you had fun. The 90 mph drift sounds a bit scary :scared:

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
That almost makes me want to spend the ticket price to go again!

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #269 (Edited)
One of the very pleasant aspects of my new Hellcat that I have discovered, is that it is a blast to drive on a road course. Power; braking and great handling through the twisties, thanks to the self adjusting electromagnetic shocks.

Here's a pic of me blasting around Calabogie Motorsports Park.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #271 (Edited)
What I want o know is how the Hellcat compares to BBII after the weight reduction etc.
That is a very difficult question to answer. BBII is strictly a track car. Even if it was still legal for the street it would be very uncomfortable, while the HC, with the touch of a button can drive and ride like a limo.

As to, on the track, while the HC has a big edge on the straights and the electromagnetic shocks give her good handling, BBII turns laps a couple of seconds faster. This is due to the lighter weight, suspension camber, but most of all - road racing slicks.

If the Hellcat had slicks, it might be a different story.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yea 707HP will do that lol. I wonder if you could put the electromagnetic shocks on the gen I lx platform. As well what would the cost be? Have you noticed a big difference in accleration in BBII with the weight loss ?

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
Yea 707HP will do that lol. I wonder if you could put the electromagnetic shocks on the gen I lx platform. As well what would the cost be? Have you noticed a big difference in accleration in BBII with the weight loss ?
Yeah, the Hellcat shock system is amazing. But they wont swap because the suspension attachment points and arms have been re-designed - unfortunately.

As to acceleration - yes, definitely quicker since BBII went on her diet!

261 - 274 of 274 Posts