Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Inspired by the posts in this thread. Some "good" in the world for us right here! I wish we all lived closer to each other sometimes...feel like I know some of ya pretty well but never "met" ya!

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Pat glad to hear all is better in your life. I am close to your age and have my regular check ups. I will put you on my prayer list for continued health. Blessings to you bud and hug them curves.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
There is something very unique about this forum. I say this, because I do spend some time on other forums, due to various interests.

What I find unique here is that members respect each other, are helpful - almost a sense of "Family & Friends", if you get what I mean.

Some of us have put up threads & posts about some of the major events going on in our lives - good or bad . . . Stuff that I know I would never post elsewhere on the web.

Yet - somehow I'm comfortable occasionally posting personal stuff here. Some of you, I have met personally, others only electronically.

It just feels "Okay" to do so at good ole 3CF.

Does anyone else feel this way?

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
I know what you mean. I also have made a few electronic friends that one day would love to travel around the country/ies just to say hi.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
There is something very unique about this forum. I say this, because I do spend some time on other forums, due to various interests.

What I find unique here is that members respect each other, are helpful - almost a sense of "Family & Friends", if you get what I mean.

Some of us have put up threads & posts about some of the major events going on in our lives - good or bad . . . Stuff that I know I would never post elsewhere on the web.

Yet - somehow I'm comfortable occasionally posting personal stuff here. Some of you, I have met personally, others only electronically.

Ditto... I know that I see a fair few of the members here as friends, even though we've never met. I would gladly help out anyone on here if they were my way and in a fix... heck it's lunchtime for me right now and I'm checking in! I called my wife, called a couple of buddies and this is next stop! Lol... I value many relationships I make in life, the ones on here I value equally with the people I meet in person. You can still get a sense of who people are and what they are about, even though it's typed and not spoken, sometimes better as a computer brings courage I'm some cases! Lol. Yep...cheers to 3CF! Only thing that would better is if I had a bloody sticker for my engine bay!! Hint hint people!

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I agree, Pat....

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey Patrick great news on the cancer news, as well some sound advice on yearly check ups. I am envious over your new " Hellcat " SRT hit a home run on that whats next ??

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts

I totally agree. On other forums, it seems like so many discussions turn into pissing contests or end up just being a bunch of dudes thumping their chests or bragging about or disrespecting cars they may not even own or have any personal experience with. This place always has helpful and respectful comments and people here seem to be more knowledgeable and mature than on many other forums.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Let me know how it compares. I would like to take a Hellcat for a test drive (with the red key!). The problem is that most dealers don't let people do that. The dealership where I bought my SRT8 would not let me test drive the newer 300 SRT8, and I was a current SRT8 owner. They would probably really frown on letting a Mustang owner take the Challenger for a test drive.
Agreed but never understood that. I had no issues driving a brand new AMG (once he saw I had an SRT) and ZERO issues driving a couple CTS-Vs (that dealer specifically took me on routes where I could "smash it" (his words)). I get not wanting to let tire kickers beat on your high performance halo rides but seriously, not letting current SRT/high performance vehicle owners just seems ignorant. I personally would not buy one unless I drove it first but I'm picky like that.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
I totally agree. On other forums, it seems like so many discussions turn into pissing contests or end up just being a bunch of dudes thumping their chests or bragging about or disrespecting cars they may not even own or have any personal experience with. This place always has helpful and respectful comments and people here seem to be more knowledgeable and mature than on many other forums.
Yup, it's why I have a different car now but still hang out here :) Know exactly what you all mean.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am waiting for the Charger Hellcat. I was hoping a 300 Hellcat was on the way but SRT has been rumored to have pulled the plug on all SRT 300's.

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
I am waiting for the Charger Hellcat. I was hoping a 300 Hellcat was on the way but SRT has been rumored to have pulled the plug on all SRT 300's.
There will be a 2015 300SRT 6.4 but after that who knows. There might be a 300 plus model in the future with a 6.4 under the hood just won't be called an SRT. Def no hellcat 300 for now. Hopefully if sales are brisk on the ChallyCat and ChargerCat when the new designed 300 comes out in 2016/17 they might make a limited run (100) 300hellcat, fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts

I feel the same way about 3CF Pat. I count myself as very fortunate to have met you in person at SF 1 back in 06 and again when you make your snowbird trek to Mexico and you stopped in Houston where you and I met up again and I was truly blessed when you handed me the keys to your racing 300 beast and said let's go tear up the streets of Houston.....those are memories I'll have for life and I couldn't be more lucky to meet such a great person and car fanatic like myself Pat. You are a good friend and a huge help to others here on 3CF.

I am so glad you are now cancer free and back on the track doing what you love the most.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I feel the same way about 3CF Pat. I count myself as very fortunate to have met you in person at SF 1 back in 06 and again when you make your snowbird trek to Mexico and you stopped in Houston where you and I met up again and I was truly blessed when you handed me the keys to your racing 300 beast and said let's go tear up the streets of Houston.....those are memories I'll have for life and I couldn't be more lucky to meet such a great person and car fanatic like myself Pat. You are a good friend and a huge help to others here on 3CF.

I am so glad you are now cancer free and back on the track doing what you love the most.

Thank you for those kind words, Mark. Hope we can get together again soon.

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
1,136 Posts
Congrats Norther Rider! Thats excellent news. Glad to hear things have brightened up for you and hope your back on the track enjoying life real real soon!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I truly believe the difference is the median age of members here on the forum... Heck, most of us are middle-aged and mature, established, some retired already from their first gig...heck I'm rockin' the "Moses" look now that I'm out the service... Everyone gets a kick out of my outta control hair and beard dipping down passed my neck, half grey already! lol And the young guys here seem to have enough respect to know how to act and carry themselves, it seems... Just think about it though...it takes one w/ unique taste in vehicles to insist on owning a 300, let alone the SRT version, agreed?

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Moses ^ ..... ahahahaha! I vote that post is useless without pics! Haha

I agree you middle age guys are great... hehehe! (Says the middle aged guy! Lol)....

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
I truly believe the difference is the median age of members here on the forum... Heck, most of us are middle-aged and mature, established, some retired already from their first gig...heck I'm rockin' the "Moses" look now that I'm out the service... Everyone gets a kick out of my outta control hair and beard dipping down passed my neck, half grey already! lol And the young guys here seem to have enough respect to know how to act and carry themselves, it seems... Just think about it though...it takes one w/ unique taste in vehicles to insist on owning a 300, let alone the SRT version, agreed?
Yes, I agree. Most people here are car guys that like to talk about cars, especially SRT owners (and former ones like myself). I have respect for all different makes and models of cars, old and new. They all have their pros and cons, just like anything else. We are sensible enough here to discuss the differences and enjoy our cars for what they are. This forum has people that show mutual respect and don't try to make other people feel bad. I was just checking out some posts at svtperformance on the Hellcat, and all the discussions quickly turned into arguments, name calling, and general Ford vs Dodge (and even GM!) "the brand I like is better" and the "the brand you like sucks". Totally baseless and ignorant arguments about things that were off-topic and any sensible person would not be arguing about.

The interesting thing now is that if you look at other forums, there are more discussions in them about the Hellcat than there are here or on the Dodge forums :) That's saying something.

41 - 60 of 274 Posts